Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

On communication

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Victoriesx42, Dec 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Victoriesx42 Trainee Engineer

Perhaps communications could be handled realistically?

Transmissions could be encrypted, and hacked. We could use radio, or microwaves to transmit information, and perhaps a realistic lag time could be implemented for extreme distances. Also, we could implement interference, both from objects attenuating the signal, and from localized signal jammers.

2. Sims_doc Junior Engineer

Yeah, I was thinking the samething when i made this topic its for programming and would allow for a large amount of different things such as encryption and taking control of a ship remotely through there communication array or even creating drones.

http://forums.keenswh.com/post/programming-ships-stations-and-suits-manually-6642626?highlight=programming

3. Leonhardt Senior Engineer

What kind of communications are you thinking that we'll be using?

How would Text chat be affected by this suggestion?

What exactly would prevent players from just using Skype or TeamSpeak to use voice chat?

4. Sims_doc Junior Engineer

Well, for some reason people are for this even when Skype uses GPU and teamspeak is ok but still how would you communicate with other players from outside of you're call of teamspeak group? this is the answer i've done a little bit of suggesting on the topic and i won't bother to bring it up its same stuff really.

5. Leonhardt Senior Engineer

Text chat, of course, which doesn't really need any unnecessarily complex mechanics.

6. mazaraz Trainee Engineer

Could use laser light communications... can't be hacked or jammed in the normal sense... Plus for a communication to take an extended amount of time in space you would need to be an immense distance away. All signals travel at C in space.... while i would love to have said immense expanses of space to derp about in, i don't really think it would be feasible to have to wait 100 between 2 hours and 200 years to get that "hey dude nice ship"

7. Tequilaqc Trainee Engineer

I do not understand the point of realistic comunication?!

8. Skeloton Master Engineer

I think in 2077 we'd have Quantum Communicators.

9. Ralirashi Apprentice Engineer

And how exactly is it relevant in this game?

10. tsc0308 Trainee Engineer

That is pretty overly complex for a video game. Why can't I just type in chat? Why can't I use skype or teamspeak?

Why do people think this is Space Simulator 2014?

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.