Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Ore veins on planets ROCK!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by DaveUnder, Nov 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. DaveUnder Apprentice Engineer

Hei,

Just have to say it out loud, that those new little bit spread out ore veins rock so so much on planets.
    Much better than old solid asteroid size repositorys.

At least from survival settings aspect.
    You kinda know that somewhere there something good can be found, but you need to work to find it (or be lucky on first try).

For some players it might be annoying to go through so big areas of dirt to get something, but players are different.

Yes vein spawners need maybe tweaking here and there, but in overall the concept is very good improvement to old ore clumps on asteroids.

Having decent mining tunnels and seeing the veins all around the walls will be art of its own :)
    Back to digging...
    Dave

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  2. FlakMagnet Senior Engineer

The only issue that needs to be resolved here is what to do with the massive amounts of useless stone you end up with!

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. TheDuke540 Apprentice Engineer

They should let us import catapults from ME and use them as projectiles!

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Tony Hughes Junior Engineer

Yep, it takes a bit of getting used too, but they're far more interesting than the ore blobs on asteroids.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. tonakien_steam Trainee Engineer

I do nothing because i dont have "massive amount of useless stone" because i use RMB-drilling to get off upper level of surface.
    More of it! RMB-drilling is SO MUCH FASTER that i can do about 70 tonns of pure iron ore in 1 min. And thats in survival realistic-only world with only 9 drills!

• Like Like x 2
  6. DaveUnder Apprentice Engineer

One day I hope those ore veins will go deep deep down inside planets.
    So there would be point of building stationary mining station on top of them and go down with levels of tunnels :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mahtrok Trainee Engineer

Now that floating objects are again deleted correct,... Whats the matter?
    My Miners drop Stone automatically, so there is no massive amount of stone anywhere but in the infinite trash bucket where all deleted digital values end up.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mahtrok Trainee Engineer

And yeah! ORE VEIGNS ROCK!

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Harrekin Master Engineer

I ejected so much gravel earlier...

10. Dreokor Senior Engineer

We need concrete or something that uses gravel in large quatities that is not a reactor component.

• Agree Agree x 6
  11. FlakMagnet Senior Engineer

If they have fixed the loose object limit....great! Wasn;t able to test last night as my drills refused to work..........

Will give it another try tonight

12. Barfbag Trainee Engineer

At first I hated it, but now, i'm starting to warm up to it.

13. Stardriver907 Master Engineer

This was a problem long before planets.

14. Harrekin Master Engineer

I dumped a load of gravel and stone, saved and then opened the world in SEToolbox and it was obeying my 56 floating objects limit.

We need a "concrete gun", basically a concrete voxel hands that uses huge amounts of gravel to let us "draw" concrete voxels.

15. WarGame Trainee Engineer

i was using the Mexpex heavy mining drill put some reactors on it and a ore detector turned it on and sawed the part of my station i built it off of got 5000m down befor it broke not a single ore found i was on Mars

16. Barfbag Trainee Engineer

Ore is sparse compared to asteroids, it shows up as small thin veins that run horizontally (from what ive seen) Sometimes they are above what the indicator shows, sometimes below. They are also pretty narrow so the could be to the left, right, forward, or behind the indicator. Ore is also not very deep, i've only seen it around 25-50-100 meters, that includes uranium.

17. WarGame Trainee Engineer

good to know they should put richer veins deep took quite a while to go that far lol

18. Cannch Trainee Engineer

The ore detector on my drill seems not to display. I accidently came across a gold deposit while drilling down but never showed on my display. Have yet to see any ore displayed while using the drill. I can see it when I am on the ship (longer range).

19. Barfbag Trainee Engineer

I'm sure they will, it is the first iteration.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.