Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Overwriting (Updating) a Blueprint that’s in the Steam Workshop

Discussion in 'Gameplay Help' started by Spaceman Spiff, Jan 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

I have never successfully updated a blueprint that I’ve uploaded to the Steam Workshop. Whatever I’m doing wrong is...well...wrong and the revised blueprint always loads separately. Help me! Somebody help me!

2. WraithLeader1 Apprentice Engineer

Make sure the name is EXACT as the one you uploaded. You know how it'll put _1 behind the ship name....
    What I do is, <CTRL-C> then go to the blueprint that I want to update, then overwrite from clipboard.
    Then reupload it to the workshop...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

I'll try that. Thanks for the tip.

4. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

as long as you save the creation under the same BP as you uploaded, any changes made to that exact BP file should update to Steam Workshop. But I have noticed now BP that you upload does have a duplicate in your BP list. So make sure it is the original. (Basically, what @WraithLeader1 was getting at too I think.)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

I came back to this thread and re-read your instructions. No matter what I try, however, I always get "Steam failed to publish this world." It's as if Steam locks out that name. I don't understand why I cannot republish the same blueprint (yes, the name is exactly the same) and overwrite what Steam's showing.

6. Roxette Senior Engineer

You seem to believe that Steam is working flawlessly and the problem is caused by your own error. Considering the historical data and your own experience, does this appear to be likely?

7. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

No. I've done everything correctly as far as I can tell. For example, I've gone into the very file that I created the original blueprint, changed one thing, then re-blueprinted it immediately without changing anything else. Without exception, I get the aforementioned error when I subsequently try to publish that updated blueprint. I've tried this with multiple blueprints. The only workaround I've found is to rename the grid and blueprint it again.

Yeah, it appears to be a Steam issue.

8. Calaban Junior Engineer

The last time I've updated a workshop item of mine, I had to absolutely delete my workshop item... then publish the revision.

..as it would be unethical to change the item all the comments are complaining about ;)

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.