Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Physics issues

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Monkworks, Feb 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Monkworks Trainee Engineer

This one is repeatable so i will post it.

1. Create a simple cart frame add 4 wheels and use 2 locking blocks on the opposite wheels.
    1a. not sure if this matter but use a round timbers as an axle
    2. now add a timber anywhere on the top of the cart.
    3. lock the locking blocks.
    4. delete the newly added timber..

now your cart is on its way to the moon...

2. Erebos89 ME Tester

Hi,

thank you for report. Even without trying I think I know this issue.... :(

3. Monkworks Trainee Engineer

Kool

Also. I had a mobile ramp. Its based of the same configuration. Simple timber by timber cart. locking wheel. It was three walls high. Pushed it up to the wall i wanted to jump over. It was on a slope. The mobile ramp kept rolling back.

1. The locking pins disappeared of the block.
    2. I set a timber on the rear of the mobile ramp. like, to the bumper and into the ground, to stop it from moving back.

Boom! On orbit to mars!!!

I actually used this to smash a few walls. The effect of the physics, and if lucky on the direction, can make some good dmg...

4. RayvenQ Moderator

Pretty much as far as I'm aware, the cause of it is the locking catch blocks being locked, they really don't like stuff being added on the same grid, and will buck and kick and fly off. However, if the locking catch blocks are unlocked, they don't cause an issue.

5. Monkworks Trainee Engineer

Well not exactly. I mentioned the problem applied in a situation, where the Ramp Cart was rolling back so i stuck a timber in the ground and attached to the bumper of my Ramp Cart in one action and boom same result...
    I guess that in adding the timber to the grid, while not locked has an explosive result and in many cases players will want to stop their carts from rolling back...

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.