Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Planets in newly generated Astroids-world?

Discussion in 'General' started by Red-Phoenix, Nov 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Red-Phoenix Trainee Engineer

SO, I guess the title speaks for itself but; i just created a new astroids-world (the one where you spawn on that little yellow ship) becouse I didn't like the easy-start planet-maps (quick to judge, I know, but it just feels wrong for me I guess). But; will there be planets in my new-map? As far as I understood from the stream/posts planets won't generate in "old" worlds, does that mean they will be in my new world? Or wil they only spawn in the new start-type-maps? Has anybody tested this already?

2. Nastika Trainee Engineer

I am wondering as well. I started a new asteroids map and I cannot find any planets.

3. dreatern Trainee Engineer

I am also in the same boat

I want a beginning only with the basic and be able to colonize a planet, but have not found any in asteroids mode.
    I do not know if they are too far from the spawn point

4. StormField Apprentice Engineer

Choose star system.

5. Zyfe Trainee Engineer

Can't you choose to start on a planet, but in a universe with asteroids...?

6. seb-eisdrache Trainee Engineer

but there a limited number of planets?

7. Nastika Trainee Engineer

Star system only has 3 planets. What if I want more?

8. TehGM Apprentice Engineer

Planets currently are hard-inserted (lol) into a map, not randomly generated. You need to use planet starting world.
    Other way around is to create asteroids world in creative, spawn some planets as you want them, save and switch to survival.
    Hopefully Keen guys make them randomly spawned soon.

9. Nastika Trainee Engineer

That kinda sucks. I hope they add it in soon. It's strange that they went with that option considering the source code that people have been playing with prior to release had a world generator.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Red-Phoenix Trainee Engineer

Tnx! I, pleasantly suprised to find that there was actually an landing-ship in place:D The "Habitable planet" did not, kind of an impossible start that way...

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.