Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Programmable block code causes client crash.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by FurtherV, Jul 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. FurtherV Trainee Engineer

Short Description:
    My game crashed when I started to add the method called "turretTargetSync()" to my script.
    It uses IMyLargeTurretBase.TrackTarget, which I suspect is the reason for the crash.

Code:

Suspected reason for crash in method with the name "turretTargetSync()"

Error Log:

World:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/fx7433n2s931tw9/Hydro RP.zip

How to reproduce:
    1. create a grid with atleast a remote control, two turrets, one beacon and an programable block.
    2. insert script into programable block.
    3. transfer ownership to space pirates.
    4. Repeat step two until crash.

2. Loues S. Cat Apprentice Engineer

Ditto.
    TrackTarget caused a crash to desktop whenever used on a turret that was turned on.
    using it on a disabled turret had no impact on the game.

I also noticed SetTarget seems to be aiming at the wrong place but at least it doesn't crash the game.

The information for position and velocity were fed into both methods directly from the Position and Velocity of a valid MyDetectedEntityInfo object gained from a sensor.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.