Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Protected server objects

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by VonKlutch, Oct 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. VonKlutch Trainee Engineer

Hey I was wondering, is there a way a server can introduce stations or certain objects that are undestroyable?

we all know how fun trolls are. . .

2. rexxar Senior Engineer

Yes. The Essentials plugin for SE Server Extender has a protected entity feature. Alternatively, you can load up the world save in SE Toolbox and uncheck the 'destructible' box for whatever grid you want to make invincible. I used the Toolbox method on my asteroid eater because mining on a dedicated server can be... touchy. I've not tried the Essentials feature, so I'm not sure if it still works.

3. wowsuchsoda Trainee Engineer

let me know if you find a good way to do this with a station, we might be able to get a trade/meet up hub in sajuuk

4. VonKlutch Trainee Engineer

that wask excatly the kind of thing i was thinking about.

I'm a huge fan of life servers in Arma3, the concept is in my opinion what games were made for. A space engineers life server would be astounding.

Imagine if we took away assemblers? and had to mine and go to stations to get ores turned into goods?
    you woudnt stray too far, you'd stay connected to a central community. Throw in PvE elements and even PvP with a policing force would be awesome. have to hail the police with your coordinates and hope they can get there in time.
    etc.

5. Carbon Mask Trainee Engineer

In the Steam workshop, a mod "Indestructible Admin Blocks" that may be what your looking for. I enabled the mod but didn't use it yet.
    If this works I plan the set up several stations where Ships can stop and no worries.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

I believe if you open your save game in SE Toolbox you can use a checkbox to flag the blocks as "destructable" or not. I've not tried this out but I know it's there.

7. Carbon Mask Trainee Engineer

True. Creating an air lock that has one entry door destructible, next door open (undestructable), next door closed (undestuctable).
    Middle door on a sensor that closes trapping the intruder.
    If you can build and mix, the possibilities...
    Camera to see, warp over and claim their ship

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.