Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

PS4 Release?

Discussion in 'General' started by DartixGER, Feb 3, 2019.

1. DartixGER Trainee Engineer

I played Space Engineers 2 years ago on the PC, and i switched to PS4 and im waiting hopefully on the PS4 release.
    Greetings from germany.

2. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

I think you will be waiting a very very long time.

3. Stardriver907 Senior Engineer

Do you really believe you could play Space Engineers, even the Space Engineers of two years ago let alone today, on a Playstation?

Think about it.

4. Sirhan Blixt Apprentice Engineer

I would like a pony. A blue pony.

5. Spaceman Spiff Junior Engineer

I want a red wagon. With shiny chrome hubs and a black handle.

6. Roxette Senior Engineer

7. DragonShadow Apprentice Engineer

8. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

Careful, several have "went off-topic" here, the forum police just may hand out warnings!! (Just know it happened to me on something pretty trivial.) :)

9. Spaceman Spiff Junior Engineer

I'm sure glad I stayed on topic.

10. Sarekh Senior Engineer

Salty, are we?

11. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

Me salty? Nope, just looking out for everyone! :)

12. DaemosDaen Trainee Engineer

I dunno, it'ed be entertaining to watch a PS4/XBone (or the pro/XBone1x) ignite into flames.

13. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

Pretty sure spec wise PS4 and Xbox could handle the game, I just do not think the game play would be exactly the same experience as on a PC.

14. Stardriver907 Senior Engineer

It would suck so bad it would hurt PC version sales.

If they were to make an actual FPS game with a campaign with levels that provided a backstory for the game, that would be more appropriate for a console, provided everyone understood the player experience differs a great deal from the PC version.

Otherwise, playing SE with a controller would be... tedious. Marek said he didn't want players spending a lot of time in menus, soooo...

15. Malware Master Engineer

Heh. Heee-he-heh. Heheh.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

I don't think it would harm PC sales that much. To me PC versions of games tend to be better than consoles, I think most people have this view as well.

Mafia 2 for example I played it on a console first and was not all that impressed, I still bought it for PC and had a better experience on the PC, even though the game itself was no where as good as the original Mafia, I still had a good time with it. The console version just ended up collecting dust. Then I finally took it to GameStop to give it a better home. :)

17. Stardriver907 Senior Engineer

Yeah, I know, rite?

18. PS4potato Trainee Engineer

Hey stop hating on ps4!! Im pretty sure it would work, because it is coming out on xbox and other complicated games such as fs 19 made onto ps4.

19. Sarekh Senior Engineer

did you seriously just register a theme-named account to tell people to stop hating on PS4 even when there really is no serious hate being spilled?

hahahahaha, who said the PC/Console War was dead? As long as we keep it alive within our hearts there will always be a war to cherish!

20. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

I don't see any PS4 hate here. We are just stating that SE would not be as good on the console as it is using a PC. And don't hold your breath on the Xbox release either. :)

21. Roxette Senior Engineer

I realised which side won the war when I first wrote the code for a pong game on a Z80 and realised my original pong game based on two 11" x 8* boards full of TTL chips was redundant,

• Like Like x 1
  22. Spaceman Spiff Junior Engineer

I can't help it. I just can't.

23. Stardriver907 Senior Engineer

It ain't hate, bro. Many of us have one or both consoles and love them. That's why we know SE won't work on them.

Not saying SE wouldn't run on consoles, because it would. We are (or, at least I am) saying the experience would be vastly different. I don't know, maybe you would like playing SE the way Keen originally envisioned it, where you made little bitty miners and fighters and just hung around a single big asteroid. You start getting ambitious, though, and start thinking about really making something and, splat.

That's the sound of the wall you just hit. Block limits, size limits, shape limits, limit limits, all rigorously enforced by the console and non-negotiable, will suck all the enthusiasm out of any further plans, and now you can't even sell the game back so you can afford a different one.

Look, you wanna get a cheap version of SE that will run on a cheap machine? Try talking Keen into making an SE phone app.

• Funny Funny x 1
  24. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

Nothing but love for all gaming platforms from me, but I do prefer PC over consoles.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

I live in Las Vegas... we have that and weed as well.