Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Pseudo-AI behaviour (please read before flaming me ;) )

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Neotician, Aug 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Neotician Apprentice Engineer

A lot of people really want AI, i really want AI, but AI isn't something you just get.
    What i'm suggesting is a waypoint system to supplement the new "enemy faction" option.
    Basically, you would have a list of waypoints, either a text file or an ingame UI.
    The npc ship would then point towards the first set of coordinates and fly towards it at a set speed, once it reaches the coordinate, it would point the ship towards the next waypoint and so on.
    Nothing fancy, just a way to make the ship point in a direction, like a turret, and maintain a certain speed (speed is lost on turns, so it would have to be able to use thrusters).
    As i said, nothing fancy, it wouldn't react to players (apart from turrets shooting at said players), it wouldn't do anything but fly from waypoint to waypoint, round and round.

Why? It would add some pseudo-dynamic dangers to survival, apart from meteors, a MP server could have ships patrolling certain areas, making said areas more dangerous to be in.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.