Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[PvP] Kill list / Log // how many deaths, how many kills and by who

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Wizlawz, Dec 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Wizlawz Master Engineer

is this possible to do?

if so i would like to see this in MP.

who killed you, how many deaths you have, who you killed, how many kills you have.

and idk maybe a certain time for "revenge" maybe a cool down timer say like by minutes or days (days = 5-7}, minutes {a few hours but no less than 1 day} ?

2. Ulfsark Master Engineer

How will it figure out who killed who? If my friend is flying a ship I built, and the turret under my name kills someone, is it his kill? Mine? Someone gets killed invading my base when i'm not even online....or I crash my ship into someone? If i drop ore onto someone's base? PMWs? Too many variables to keep track of.

3. SweetPorkSlice Trainee Engineer

When ever something that you built kills someone, it will say [player1 killed by %yournickname%] simple, if u want it to be more specific about how killed, by you personaly or by your prop, u can state it as well.

4. Ulfsark Master Engineer

So what if i kill someone with something that doesn't have ownership? Lets say I release a massive boulder of ore at someone's base and it blows up, or drop spikes made of blast door blocks. Those items have no ownership. There are entirely too many variables to account for who kills who and how, and for no benefit.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. SweetPorkSlice Trainee Engineer

Agree. But in most games where it is unable to track by who some one was killed, killstat just says something like "player1 is dead" for instance in battlefield it says "player1 is no more" it doesn't need to be very accurate

6. rexxar Senior Engineer

The question is how to determine who gets the kill. If Ulfsark stole my ship and a turret killed someone, does Ulfsark get the kill or do I?

7. SweetPorkSlice Trainee Engineer

Ulfsark will

8. rexxar Senior Engineer

But I built the ship. According to you, it'd go by ship ownership.

Sure we can read who is piloting a ship, but what happens if I'm in a passenger seat and control the turret manually? Space Engineers was not designed, in any way to accommodate this. We can't tell who fired a missile or shot a bullet, or who dropped a bunch of stones on you from orbit. There are just way too many variables.

9. tyrsis Junior Engineer

Actually, I added this specifically into the game and was one of the things that got added in awhile back in the form of the DamageSystem. Beyond being able to modify damage, it gives you the ability to track when entities are destroyed by other entities. It's in IMyDamageSystem. You can register to track destroyed entities via RegisterDestroyHandler.

Everything that kills someone else is tracked. I made sure of this. So every bullet / missile and even collision has ownership. I had this on my server, and was eventually going to make it a bounty system, but it was only a kill tracker at first. I'm not sure why some of you are trying to make it complicated. Ownership in the game is very explicit, so whoever owns the turret, owns the ammo it fires, and is the one awarded the kill. When it comes to collisions, it's the majority owner of the grid.

10. Shibiko Trainee Engineer

I know this is years later, but the reason being is just for stats. I want to host PVP events and if someone steals another player's ship and earns kills, they need to be rewarded for it.

11. Cyber Cheese Apprentice Engineer

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.