Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Question about Jump Drive problem

Discussion in 'Gameplay Help' started by pontfogel, Dec 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. pontfogel Trainee Engineer

Hello! After having taken an extended break from SE I finally decided to give it another go and so far I'm having great fun. However, I have encountered a strange phenomenon/possible bug and I thought I'd see if anyone else have seen the same thing or could help me solve this. I've installed jump drives on my ship. The ship is fairly big (about 8000t).
    If I set the jump distance to more than about 30 km I seem to teleport away from my ship and I end up inside a strange room/ship somewhere else (see attached images). Once there I can only look up and down, not sideways, and only at an approximately 180 degree angle. There are no sounds at all and I can't move. I don't think the room/ship is built by me. I've never used those colour combinations anywhere as far as I can recall.
    I use three mods. Midspace Clean Crosshair Camera, Nanobot Build and Repair System and Active Radar Update.

Things I've tried:
    Validating game files.
    Removing all mods.
    Deleting all mod blocks from my ship and then removing all mods.
    Using one, two and three jump drives. Usable distance stays the same.
    Build another ship with a jump drive. It works fine.
    Using admin interface to clean out trash.
    Possibly other things too. It's late and I'm tired. :)

Edit: Today I can't jump at all without it happening, so it seems to be a dynamic problem.

Looking straight ahead
    [​IMG]

Down
    [​IMG]

Up
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
  2. Spaceman Spiff Junior Engineer

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. pontfogel Trainee Engineer

Yes. Thank you. Very helpful. ;)

4. Spaceman Spiff Junior Engineer

Sorry...it's the first thing that came to mind.

5. Roxette Senior Engineer

Can you share the save ? If the same effect happens on a different system, it will eliminate installation specific issues and may help locate the problem.

6. pontfogel Trainee Engineer

Don't worry, I thought it was funny.

Absolutely. Here you go. I hope this is how I'm supposed to share it.
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1594523782

The ship affected by the problem is called Dreadnought. Unimaginative, I know.

7. Roxette Senior Engineer

Sadly I think you made a mistake in the settings for the item..

Steam says "The item is either marked as hidden or you do not have permission to view it."

8. pontfogel Trainee Engineer

Oops. Had to agree to some new Steam terms. It should work now!

9. Roxette Senior Engineer

The problem is caused by the world having boundary limits set within the Sandbox.sbc file that defines the game parameters.

If you delete from that file the lines :

<WorldBoundaries>
    <Min x="-50000" y="-50000" z="-50000" />
    <Max x="50000" y="50000" z="50000" />
    </WorldBoundaries>

It will remove the problem.

Changing the world size in the game settings does not clear it. It looks like perhaps the game was originally created with a limited size and the change in that setting is not being correctly applied. It looks like a Keen bug to me. It may be worth reporting it on their system.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. pontfogel Trainee Engineer

Fantastic! Thank you so much!
    I did indeed try out the limited world size to see how it would affect performance, but since I couldn't notice any real difference I changed it back to unlimited. I'll probably report it.

I wonder what the weird place I was teleported to was? :)

11. Roxette Senior Engineer

I have verified that it is a bug, changing a world from limited to unlimited does not correctly set the parameters in the save file, I am posting a bug report to their system now.

• Like Like x 1
  12. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

If you have planets in this world it could have jumped you to the middle of a planet on one of the prefab bases they have. Or maybe in the middle of a pirate ship or cargo ship that was flying around.

13. pontfogel Trainee Engineer

There are no planets and the weird thing is that I ended up in the same place no matter what direction I jumped in. Maybe that's what the end of the world looks like? :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Spaceman Spiff Junior Engineer

Maybe you jumped through an undocumented wormhole. Tell me, in all your travels did you ever see any Goa'ulds?

15. Calaban Junior Engineer

Ah. so it was Clang's Toilet bowl, afterall

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

Yes that possibly could be Clang's Domain!! :)

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.