Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Question about pistons

Discussion in 'Gameplay Help' started by Miguel Viola, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Miguel Viola Trainee Engineer

Can pistons be forced to extend and retract by pulling and pushing its top head part with another piston/rotor?
    Or do pistons only move when when set up in the terminal?

2. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

Can only be moved with terminal settings or set to a button etc. There are scripts that can be used to make movements as well but each individual piston as to be told to move, another force pushing or pulling on it will not make it move.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Miguel Viola Trainee Engineer

Ok, thanks

4. vadersson Trainee Engineer

Speaking of Pistons, my huge drillrig failed. I had a large block wheeled frame, one piston extended up, conveyors over a few blocks, and then three pistons with a drill that point and extend down. I got about one and a half of the pistions extended drilling a hole and the drill broke off. (I was moving about 0.2 m/s on extension). Then the pistons went nuts and tipped the drill rig over. After trying to right the ship, the three downward pistons launched like a javelin when they were all extended and the drill rig was on it's side. What the heck? I wish I could figure it out because launching giant javelins is cool.

Seriously, any suggestions how to make a deep drill rig?

Thanks,
    Duncan

5. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

@vadersson Try using some landing gear to help hold it in place. I have seen a few deep drillers on the workshop, even mobile deep drillers that use the concept. Here is one as an example. :)

6. vadersson Trainee Engineer

Wow, that is cool looking. I was trying to think how I would stabilize things. I did not think of landing gear. Thanks for the ideas.