Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[Quick Server Question!] Help Greatly Appreciated

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Magikarp, Dec 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Magikarp Trainee Engineer

I am running my own server on my computer.

It was made fresh as of this update. My question is:

1) Is it possible to update weekly without wiping? If so, can somebody point me to a guide?

2) Is it possible to change the 'Procedural asteroid density' setting on an already created server? If so, how?

Thank you in advance for your time!

-Michael

2. Servovicis Trainee Engineer

1.) there should be no issues most weeks updating and keeping your old world.

2.)
    [SIZE= 13.3333330154419px]I've uploaded a video of the old server world converted over to a procedurally generated world. Paste in those lines to both the server config and world file, modify the parameters in them as you wish, then run the server. I don't feel like looking for my mic atm, so its without audio though.[/SIZE]

<ProceduralDensity>0.5</ProceduralDensity>
    <ProceduralSeed>1763206327</ProceduralSeed>

the .5 from the first line can be lowered(it can be raised as well), .5 is the value for the dense setting
    the seed from the second line can be any integer, different numbers there meen different asteroids in different places.
    [SIZE= 13.3333330154419px]
    [/SIZE]

3. Magikarp Trainee Engineer

Thank you so much for this help!

I really do appreciate the time!

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.