Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Rav Craft

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by Ravric, May 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Howitz Junior Engineer

Ahh, yeah ;-) viewed this way its true, it would be pussyble

2. Ravric Apprentice Engineer

It is going to have to wait in line. O the ever increasing line.

Little teaser for the next Auroras Vessel:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 29, 2015
  3. Hellothere! Apprentice Engineer

I just tried your LAV out on planets because well, wheeled vehicles are useful now, mine suck and I wanted to look for some ideas, but it turned out that some of the changes for planets made it rather unworkable in natural gravity:
    • Prone to flip over in the slightest turns
    • Ion thrusters are deliberately nerfed in atmosphere => not really does anything
    • The L arm is not strong enough to fully extend when upside down
    For survival it would also be nice to have:
    • Batteries instead of ractors
    • Maybe an attachment with solar panels
    • Headlights. Otherwise you see nothing at night.
    I don't know if you are currently working on Space Engineers, but if you do I would advise you to fix it, or if that turns out to be unworkable make a better vehicle. People are carving for effective survival vehicles right now, and yours would be one of the biggest contenders, provided you made it work like it did before.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Bipin Trainee Engineer

I appreciate your often unconventional designs. You've got a nice aesthetic with many of your vehicles.

5. Ravric Apprentice Engineer

Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  6. tankmayvin Senior Engineer

They could have just posted those ships as refits........

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Ravric Apprentice Engineer

8. Elfi Wolfe Apprentice Engineer

Bummer. I remember I got a "license" (permission) from you to do that derrick and to use your connection system. Why do people just copy like that?

9. PyreStarite Junior Engineer

It can happen to the best of us, and by the best of us I mean... sorry. My condolences.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Ravric Apprentice Engineer

You did not have to ask but I greatly appreciated it. You did awesome work btw http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=636305375

I am still lost for words to explain why for some time now. Plagiarism is a huge issue which I barely scratched the surface in the past. Now with UNOWHO there is a whole new batch of stolen content.

I'm seeing deja vu with this instance as well. But that time the person did right and I believe him.

11. Legion40k Trainee Engineer

Noticed those dark purplish ships pop-up on the workshop the other day and they seemed oddly familiar! At least they've taken them down. Your originals are better anyway.

12. Nostrian Trainee Engineer

I dont think these people who are copying stuff will never change and there will ever be these people. At least they will be downrated for ever. I think it's okay to build ships wich are 'slightly' looking like other popular ships unintentionally just because there are to many models on the workshop at the moment, if you know what i mean. But this is too obvious. Just go on with your original creations. I really like them .

13. Howitz Junior Engineer

We should probably check these guy's workshop with scrutiny and try to find the authors of the other potentially plagiarized designs, i'm pretty sure all those other nice looking ships in there are not from them either.

worth to mention, i've also disliked their ships, which i encourage you all to do as well. And i also used the report button and explained how they are plagiarized, which might be worth doing too.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. Ravric Apprentice Engineer

Thank you Howitz for bringing this to light and spotting those.

• Like Like x 1
  15. tankmayvin Senior Engineer

Barring the rare author who is very fussy about his/her stuff, the overwhelming majority of creators are totally ok with other people taking their stuff, and making credited refits and then re-uploading said refits.

The key is to credit the original author, make it clear it's a refit, and link to the original work.

Same as like when someone makes a trek inspired ship, or a B5 inspired ship, or a Halo inspired ship, or a whatever inspired ship, the mention of the inspiration/original design is critical to making it a fair derivative work.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Robotnik V Apprentice Engineer

:p Almost question why the guy even bothered, if you're going to steal a ship then state A: you're a pirate B: you stole it and who you stole it from C: give a awesome back story of how you managed to capture it. Then keep all of the good parts, gut and replace the irreparable parts, and modify the slightly inefficient parts. Play test it a bunch until you're sure it's godlike. Finally repaint it red and black and add a beacon that says something a pirate would say. In the end you get a epic ship for considerably less effort, while also satisfying the general community rules.

17. Elfi Wolfe Apprentice Engineer

Too much effort for the modern pirate.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Robotnik V Apprentice Engineer

Well we aren't making ships for money, or fame, we are making them because it makes us happy to look at the end result and say, I have achieved what I wanted to do. Repainting someone else's ship wouldn't give you the "reward" of making an epic battle cruiser. The only reward you could receive is getting a block color you like. So the question still stands, why did he or she even bother? The effort of repainting the entire ship, changing a couple blocks around, and uploading it to the workshop isn't even worth the reward.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Howitz Junior Engineer

some weirdos seems to like claiming other people work as their own for the slightiest online fame they can get, UNOWHO and Corsin seems to be amongst those weirdos...

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Elfi Wolfe Apprentice Engineer

I am safe I think. My stuff is not fancy. But what fame does it give them. all that fame and a dollar still will only get you a cup of coffee.

21. Howitz Junior Engineer

i suppose they need the esteem coming from other people saying their ships looks nice, what else could explain plagiarizing a space engineer ship :woot:

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. JD.Horx Senior Engineer

It doesn't seem to be much to you, but that small amount of attention and recognition is all those copy-cats want to get. They have to stay on that thin line between: enough attention on the workshop to stay satisfied, but not too much to make it front page and get seen by anyone who might recognize the original build.

You could say that those poor creatures don't deserve that hatred, they just want appreciation, but are not able to build something remarkable on their own. So live and let live? Forget about it?

On the other hand, copying your precious builds that took hours or days to complete is a sharp knife to the heart of an honorable engineer. I mean, that's really one of the simplest rules in life that most kids learn in kindergarten isn't it? Be honest and don't take credit for something you didn't make.

However, most of those guys will only be convinced to give credit if you have several guys reporting and commenting on his creations, so they will notice that they won't get any more appreciation for those builds. Or they delete the copy.
    You already did the right thing Ravric, bring this issue to the attention of the KSH-Community.

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. Ravric Apprentice Engineer

Thanks guys.

Moving on I must now contend with my other foe: Clang!

• Like Like x 2
  24. PyreStarite Junior Engineer

You are a mad man, Rav. That is just madness right there.

25. Howitz Junior Engineer

and on this day, the wheel bomb was created.

26. SaturaxCZ Senior Engineer

When engineer invented wheel, he didnt expect some one will make clang bomb from... :(

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.