Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Really strange server performance since Survival update

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by smooreace, Mar 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. smooreace Trainee Engineer

Since the release of the survival update, I'm having this issue. Basically, no matter what I stand on, if its something man-made, I'm essentially stuck to it. It's almost impossible to walk, yet flying works fine.... once I've 'separated' from the stick ground. And about the only way to get separated is to fly back from the direction I came from when I came in contact with the ground. It doesn't matter if I'm in the cave, or out on the ice field on a 4x4 floor that I just built. I can teleport to any structure in the world and have this issue. Hopefully, the video shows kinda what's going on.

This is my dedicated server, running under Torch. Prior to the update, it runs a very stable 1.0 SIM speed. Now, its fairly stable at 1.0, but dips when an NPC spawns, as seen in the video as well.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Thorgod Trainee Engineer

I came to the forum to see if anyone else was having this issue. I only seem to get it when on the ground. If I restart the server it works well for a while then starts acting up. Flying around does not seem to have this issue like you reported.

3. smooreace Trainee Engineer

Exactly! Being anything more that a few feet off the ground and everything run perfectly. Whats even more strange... the server started running better the next day, and has done nothing but get better as time went on.

4. Calaban Junior Engineer

Muddy feet syndrome. Its caused by character position desync.

you man notice by looking at your feet that youre a few inches off the surface, but when walking rise up a bit before you move (thats the "mud")

F5 relogging usually fixes it.

5. Thorgod Trainee Engineer

Not on my server this desync issue plueges one of my stations. and consists of phasing through walls, walking lag, issues getting past doorways, and blocks behaving like they are made of ice.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.