Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Refineries not refining w/out reloading world

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Drivenbydiamond, Oct 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. glennmanor Trainee Engineer

I have finished assembler products that end up in an oxygen tank. Things like steel plates and metal grids.

2. joethepro36 Trainee Engineer

I can confirm this also.

3. Drivenbydiamond Trainee Engineer

There is a workaround for the asteroid clipping issue
    http://forum.keenswh.com/threads/1-...sible-ships-and-asteroids-workaround.7371536/

4. Captain_Brian Apprentice Engineer

Confirmed. Happens on a new Asteroids survival world.

Survival is unplayable, unless you like reloading.

5. HadesDurin Apprentice Engineer

have you ever done a reload marathon, when you have an argentavis outside your base?
    that is like spamming gatling platforms and such

6. kakolukya Trainee Engineer

This I think is not wrong. As long as you let the gun take ammo itself it will not completly fill itself.. At least I think it's not supposed to.. if it is then yeah thats happened to me too. If you have automated sorting on your server that helps if you want to always have the weapons fully stocked.

7. TanGerieBee Trainee Engineer

I have excatly the same bug !

8. Archmage67 Trainee Engineer

Out of shear curiosity, are you all running vanilla games or do you have mods in play? If you have mods anyone using any kind of sorting mod?

Thanks,

Archmage67

9. glennmanor Trainee Engineer

I'm playing vanilla, hope that helps.

10. TheHengeProphet Trainee Engineer

I had an issue of the refinery starting to process materials out of order prior to ceasing function entirely. Not sure if that helps.

11. HadesDurin Apprentice Engineer

my believe it has todo with the change of inventories
    i hope at this point that there is an adressing issue for the refinery
    which searches for an inventory "label xy" and now it is overwritten with "label yx"
    during singleplayer, we all have the same experience, that the ore which is in the refinery on reload is refined to ingots
    and then it stops. so i believe, they override the inventory label a few seconds after reloading and then it is out of order...

12. PureEvil Trainee Engineer

I confirm this, very annoying bug. Have to reload world every now and then for the refineries to process newly supplied ores... No matter if it's a station or a large ship. Happens every tme in the newest version, Grinding refinery down until a point and re-welding it doesn't help either. I tried creating few different worlds, vanilla and with different mods but it didn't help. Tried to describe it best as I can...it's so frustrating on survival SP worlds :(

13. Aoie Trainee Engineer

the only way for me to fix the refinaries was to rebuild them :( - hope they fix this soon!

14. k0rd Trainee Engineer

Over a year ago, there was a bug where you would lose ore and objects when trying to reorder. It was my first SE patch that brought the bug, and I was frustrated! It gets better, I learned to deal with the serious bugs, sometimes you need a break.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Aoie Trainee Engineer

thats what i did for 1.5 years ;)

16. Cattasraafe Trainee Engineer

Yeah confirmed Very game breaking bug. I thought I had just messed up something. When one set of ore is refined it will not start refining the next in line until map or server is restarted. Also, on restart the next ore in line I had was 30k when I restarted my single player world the refinery started with over 15k already refined and 13k or cooking. My world is set to everything X5 and X3 for speed and inventory and there are no mods running also.

17. FlakMagnet Senior Engineer

Have this too .... and it's a PITA!

Plaing survival SP, and every time I want to refine anything I have to load up the ore, save and quit and then reload the map before refining will start. This is in vanilla and affects all refining gear.

I have also noticed that the refineries, when refining, will not let you change the ore being processed as it should. If you are refining Uranium, and you put a load of Platinum in at the front of the queue, it still refines Uranium unless you remove all of it from the refinery.

18. jlp1528 Apprentice Engineer

I can confirm this bug. This is with all refineries, modded or not. Indeed, the only way to fix it is to reload the world and/or completely break down and rebuild them. Which would be nuts for me because the modded refineries I'm using are... Well. I believe the scientific term for their scale is "stupid big."

Assemblers have similar issues assembling/disassembling. To reiterate, however, it doesn't matter if you're using mods or not. This is not a bug with mods. Something got changed with refineries and assemblers (possibly inventories in general) and now they're bugging out.

Also, every few minutes, my vanilla large reactor on my station "blinks", as if someone turned it off and back on very quickly or took the uranium out for a millisecond. It's also very loud when this happens, or at least definitely louder than normal.

Finally, while I am speaking in terms of my experience with my personal SSP world, my friend has the same issues when he opens his world to multiplayer so I can join him. I wouldn't know about dedicated servers as I am not interested in them at this time, but I highly doubt S/C and/or SP/MP/DS has anything to do with it, as the bug is almost definitely in the inventory code, not the net code or anything else of that nature.

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. rexxar Senior Engineer

I think it's something to do with inventories. I think all inventories are getting counted as storage for some reason, which is why you can no longer sort cargo inventories--all of them are cargo. You can also put any type of item in turrets, or oxygen/hydrogen tanks. I think that whatever was special about the refinery input inventory that told the game it needed to process the inventory broke.

20. jlp1528 Apprentice Engineer

Can confirm this is well. Pretty funny when I'm grinding something with the builder ship from "Easy Start 1" and suddenly I have components showing up in the oxygen tank. :woot:
    Also, you can fill oxygen bottles with hydrogen tanks and vice versa. I'm not sure if this is intended.

21. V_quinha Trainee Engineer

Can confirm this also. Quite game breaking once the stocked up supply of ingots runs out.

22. zgrillo2004 Trainee Engineer

This is definitely a game breaking bug and should be Addressed Immediately!. if I were the president of a gaming company I get my employers to make it bugfree with hotfixes made at anytime. this is just apalling

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  23. k0rd Trainee Engineer

This kind of thing could be mediated by allowing people to opt-in to the development depots in steam. They are frequently updated throughout the week as internal development progresses anyway.

They would lose the 'wow' factor when people tune in for the newest update video, obviously, as we would know what changes were coming.. but on the flip side, it would likely remove the need for hotfix Friday.

You could take it one step further and have a designated liaison and message board for the development branch to document, address, and mark fixed bugs. People who want a stable branch would be able to have one that is much more so, and Keen wouldn't have to worry about breaking the opt-in branch as much as they worry about the more stable branch.

• Agree Agree x 6
  24. JuStX2 Apprentice Engineer

I can further confirm this bug has far reaching consequences - it is a problem in multiplayer as well as single-player offline. It seems that in order to jar the refineries into refining again it's neccessary to reload the world save. I can also approximate at which time the problem occurs:
    When the refinery first "runs out" of materials to refine the refinery will "die" for that reload and stay disabled until you reload the entire save (even when additional material is added). Additionally, If you try to "swap" what minerals your refining it will cause issues in the amount of even if you reorder the queue it still refines the same mineral. I have tried everything to get his behavior to stop on my end that i can think of including: Altering DX9/DX11 (which imho should have nothing to do with it), Reinstalling SE from Scratch, using he "beta" old mutliplayer value (which doesn't exactly work because I can't load my games), Verifying the Cache using Steam, Altering In-game settings including those revolving around "Visual" and "Performance" (IE Render Interpolation, Game-World Visual Ranges etc) - none of which have resolved the issue. However I have managed to determine that saves "originally" created in survival are less likely to accumulate the bug immediately (ie Swapping a creative game to survival is almost sure-fire to cause the bug)

25. jdc017 Trainee Engineer

are they really gunna make us wait till Thursday to be able to play the game again broken refineries make the game unplayable

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  26. zgrillo2004 Trainee Engineer

Pretty much. they dont give a shit about their customers. basicaly they made you as their think tanks to report any bugs that are there in their game

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  27. Sibz Apprentice Engineer

Game is not unplayable - I built an awesome large ship over the last week in survival. And I hear completely replacing your refineries solves the issue - this worked for me in vanilla SP (after reloading game many times lol).

• Late Late x 1
  28. Fluff Monster Trainee Engineer

Cant find the orginal post, bust some one did mention ginding down the refineries and rebuilding them fixes it, and I can confirm it does. I grinded down and replaced my refinery and it drew in iron ore and scrap from storage like it should and processed them. And pulls ore from my mining ship through connectors and conveyors and processes as it should.

TLDR - Grind and replace seems to fix it.

29. FlakMagnet Senior Engineer

So if that is the case....starting a fresh game should sort it....or do they have to be removed and replaced every time you load the game? I hope not...as I tend to put refineries into ships in areas where they are not acessable!

30. HadesDurin Apprentice Engineer

related to this: http://forums.keenswh.com/threads/refinery-bug.7372096/
    indicates that grinding down and rebuilding the refinery does not work for all

i for myself havn't grind down and rebuild my refineries until now, but face the same not proceeding ore as everyone else

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.