Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Refresh Rate

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by sirbeatu, Oct 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. sirbeatu Trainee Engineer

Is there way to change the refresh rate as the game runs at 122hz when in full-screen most likely because it doesn't recognize the 60hz monitor i use as i have a dvi to VGA adapter. if i can specify the refresh rate it will fix this

2. spoonalious Trainee Engineer

I have the same problem. When I start Space Engineers, my monitor goes 'Out of Range - Use 1920x1080 60hz'.

I am using a HP 2711x 27" monitor with a nVidia GTX590 if that helps.

3. spoonalious Trainee Engineer

Ok, I fixed it by running it in Windows XP SP3 compatability mode.

4. McChubs Trainee Engineer

That did nothing for me. My screen is flickery/blurred to the point where the Steam overlay is eyeball smashingly unpleasant.

5. spoonalious Trainee Engineer

I just ran the .exe from Program Files, not via Steam so perhaps the overlay isn't there for me? Give that a go?

6. McChubs Trainee Engineer

I did the same and it didn't work for me. What did was changing to windowed mode in the same resolution... not ideal, but it feels a lot less like my eyes are being turned into swamp water.

7. caspar21 Trainee Engineer

same issue here except my lcd monitor will not display 144hz.
    so i just get a "signal out of range" message.
    is there no config file to set resolution/refresh manually?

edit*
    found the config file "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineers\spaceengineers.cfg"
    dropped the resolution down however i cannot get it to work at 1920x1080.
    not finding a refresh rate setting in there.

8. FrostyAvo Trainee Engineer

Same problem :( It works fine in window mode, but I would prefer fullscreen.

EDIT: Seems it doesn't do this if I change my resolution to 5760x1080 (Normal is 1920x1080) but that resolution is three times bigger than my screen and only a very small part of the game is visible. That resolution is available because my computer thinks I have three monitors instead of just one. It tends to mess up if I edit my graphics card settings.

9. Ondrej.Petrzilka Developer

Refresh rate issues will be fixed in next release (in few days).

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.