Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Space Engineers New! Release Date for the Major Overhaul of Survival & Going out of Early Access!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Blitzzz333, Feb 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Blitzzz333 Keen PR Guy Staff

• Like Like x 1
    • Late Late x 1
  2. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

Gasp!

Waiting on others feedback:
    :munch:

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
  3. Ragnar Yager Trainee Engineer

SMALL GRID Cryo Pods! maybe we get widows too ?_? (a man can dream)

4. MX Duke Trainee Engineer

Expansion packs, Here we come!!!!

5. vadersson Trainee Engineer

OMG. Really? I can't believe that after all this time we are coming out of EA. Cool.

On the other hand, I felt there were more errors in this recent public test than previous ones. I really think the game could have used one more test before release. EIther way I am looking forward to I.
    Anyone know if the official Keen Servers will be wiped? Not sure I want to play now until the new release is out.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Blitzzz333 Keen PR Guy Staff

It's good to dream.:):tu:

7. vadersson Trainee Engineer

Does anybody know what will happen to the Keen Servers when the game goes live and the new update comes out? Will the servers be wiped or will our stuff still be around. This will decide how hard I work on my base on NA 7 this week. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

@vadersson I do not see why they would be wiped. I am not in the know with anyone, just would not make much sense for them to wipe what has already been in place for all of us that have been playing. Who knows maybe they will so everyone starts out on an even playing field so new players will not feel to far behind??

Would be good I guess to get some official word on this. :)

9. Thrak Junior Engineer

Ditto that. @Blitzzz333 , there has has been little communication on this since public testing began (note: I haven't had a chance to watch the stream yet). Can you give us some details on this? The Keen Official servers haven't even been updated with the new asteroids from the last big update. Would nice to know the plan. I, too, spend a lot of time on NA7. If my stuff is gone because of a general reset, that's fine, but it would be nice to know ahead of time.

10. vadersson Trainee Engineer

So far looks like most people think they will be reset. Normally getting on NA7 is hard. Tonight there were 2 people on it.

Personally I think that with the changes they should probably reset. My base has almost half a ton of uranium refined on Mars. That is a huge bonus in the new order of power.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Arcturus Senior Engineer

Back in the Feb 2018 texture update, the LOD files for all of the new blocks (including the non-teased survival kit, small battery, and small cryopod) were accidentally leaked into the update. I tried trolling with it, but nobody noticed or cared. There was a chance those blocks would be left on the cutting room floor anyways, like some other unused assets. Meh. Not sure my potato computer can play this game anymore.

12. Rulin Apprentice Engineer

13. vadersson Trainee Engineer

One more thing, will there be an updated Space Engineer Press Kit released? The current one has a lot of old pictures in it and I use them for desktops at work and stuff. I would love to get some updated ones with newer pictures and the release date instead of Alpha, Beta, or Early Access in them. I just like showing off the game and thinking about what I hope to build later at home. Just a thought.

Thanks,
    Duncan

14. Thrak Junior Engineer

This showed up on the Discord today:

"Since Space Engineers is going out of Early Access on Thursday, February 28th, we will be wiping our servers on Monday, February 25th, 10 am UTC. Our servers will be down for 4 days. We will upload all of our worlds to the Steam Workshop and start with an empty star system, as well as new settings on February 28th at approximately 5 pm UTC. Thanks for understanding!"

Good to know the plan.

15. Sarekh Senior Engineer

https://forum.keenswh.com/threads/upcoming-server-wipe.7402558/

:)

16. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

@vadersson there is https://www.spaceengineersgame.com/pictures.html where they may post some new ones. Also you can search the game folders for some pics that may be used once it releases. And then you can of course take your own screenshots in game to use. :) If all else fails the old tried and true Google method should yield some good results. :)

Hopefully I don't come off sounding like a jerk, not my intention, just legit ways I thought may help you. :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. vadersson Trainee Engineer

Cool, I don't think I have all those pictures. I have done some Google searches but, seem to get the same old pictures all the time. But thanks for the suggestions.

I also wanted to remind Keen to update the press kit as I imagine they will get quite a bit of interest in the next week. :)

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.