Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Remote mining ship keeps blowing up

Discussion in 'Gameplay Help' started by redxlaser15, Dec 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. redxlaser15 Trainee Engineer

I have no clue why this is happening. It isn't always a particularly large explosion, in fact, sometimes the ship is still overall functional, but I always lose at least the front camera. I don't have thruster damage on, meteors are on, but I know that those haven't been hitting me, I'm on a planet, and have three drills right on the front. Power tends to almost become a problem, but it's stable and I don't need to worry about that. I keep trying to dig straight down to ore by hovering above the ground till I'm right above the signal, then I face it spot on and dig straight.
    I'll upload picture of it if I need to.

2. mojomann71 Junior Engineer

Maybe the issue of always losing the camera is that it is too close to the drills radius? Or it could be how you have your drills set it isn't cutting enough of the voxel out and leaving a bit of it that causes damage to the ship which in turn would make you lose the camera and potentially make an explosion depending on what blocks are exposed. Hard to say without a visual aid.

3. redxlaser15 Trainee Engineer

4. WraithLeader1 Apprentice Engineer

5. mojomann71 Junior Engineer

From your pictures I do not see where your front camera is. If it is in the center of your 3 drills it should be well protected. However your top drill that is by itself, I can see where anything on your top sides would be prone to damage.

I couldn't help but notice you had no connectors for the ship. Do you unload it by hand.
    (We used to have to do that in the good old days of SE.) :)

You can also post pics for free at https://imgur.com/ and link them to the forums. :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.