Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Repaired blocks rollback to the same damaged state they were before

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by MaNemaJeff, Jul 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. MaNemaJeff Trainee Engineer

A section of a ship I was building fell on my base, damaging some blocks. I repaired them, but after a couple hours, they were damaged the same way they were before, as if they were never repaired. This also happened in another occasion: a thruster of a ship (big ship) got damaged, I repaired it, and it rolled back to the previous damaged state.
    So far, the current damaged blocks have been repaired and rolledback again 3 times: it seems the bug could persist indefinately

Some more info:
    - Bug only happened in multiplayer
    - Both instances refer to events happened in the last 3 weeks (meaning it's a recent one: been playing in different servers in the past months/years, and never encountered it)
    - Small ships never got this bug; big ships/stations don't always get it (meaning that small ships got damaged, but the bug never occured on them; other blocks got damaged on big ships/stations, without the bug happening)
    - Bug only happened with collision damage: it never happened if blocks got shot by missiles, ammo, or explosions
    - Only (possibly meaningful) thing I know about the server is that it has 1Gb of RAM: it's a server with 8 slots, used by a couple of friends only

This bug has been posted on steam: https://steamcommunity.com/app/244850/discussions/1/2860219962086471793/
    I tried to see if he posted here too, but didn't find anything, so here I am

Only solution so far seems to be rebuilding the bugged blocks

Thanks Keen <3

2. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

I’ve had it happen numerous times in single player, too. I found that the only long-term solution was to completely remove the block (a bit painful when it was a jump drive) and rebuild it.

3. Casegard Trainee Engineer

I can confirm this for single player as well and for small ships.

My solution for this is a complete shutdown of SE. So not just Save and reload instead -> save exit to desktop restart. To me it looks like that a save to menu is not saving the repair state and if you reload the block is damaged again.

Hope this helps a bit.

Edit: hmm thinking of this again I remember that this seems to happen when you get out of render distance .. so repair something go +3km away and come back without saving. As side note - I never had to grind it fully down - somehow you get it working one way or the other.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.