Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[Request] Active Protection System

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Bipin, Oct 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Bipin Trainee Engineer

Given that we have jump drives, lasers, and whatnot, I figure that it wouldn't be too out of place to consider having an active protection system against missiles. From a feasibility standpoint though, I'm not sure if this is all that viable.

I do, however, have some rough ideas as to how this might be done. I'd expect system would be similar to the Trophy APS:

From a bit of testing yesterday, it looks like if two rockets are close to each other and the first one detonates, so too does the second when it is inside the first rocket's blast radius. Also, the standard rockets do not take much damage before they explode. To create a viable active protection system, I imagine that having a rocket launch from a vehicle and explode a short distance away with low damage but a large blast radius (though small enough that it doesn't damage the launcher) would do just fine. Something like this:

[​IMG]

I imagine the system could be automated with the use of sensors, but I feel there is some benefit to the risk/reward of firing the APS manually.

The problem with this is that I don't know how to mod SE (though I'm trying to learn). I think I've laid out the basic concept reasonably well, and if it would benefit anyone else to have APS, then perhaps someone could create a system like this? At the most basic level, I suppose it just involves a statistically-modified rocket launcher; large boom, lesser damage. It would be greatly appreciated!

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.