Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[RESOLVED] PB's throw "too complex" error on every script I try

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Thorou, Mar 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Thorou Trainee Engineer

I've been playing some SE after quite a while away from the game, and I've been switching between enjoying myself and almost throwing my monitor because the game decided Vector Thrust 2 was "too complex" mid-flight.
    It's also really annoying to have to recompile TIM and Isy's SAS every ten minutes.
    I assume this is a bug, as it occurs with any script at some point. I have noticed scripts with less complexity (TIM on 5 run/cycle vs 1 runs/cycle) seem to be less prone but still get terminated eventually.
    Is the complexity limit dynamically changing depending on other stuff in the world?
    Maybe an option to declare a PB as "Vital" and try to recompile them automagically after a exception?

TLDR: all scripts throw "too complex" eventually, pls help.

Edit: Fixed the problem removing the Nanite Control Factory.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
  2. Wicorel Senior Engineer

You likely have a MOD causing this. Specifically, EEM is know to cause this.

3. Thorou Trainee Engineer

I don't have EEM installed.

I have seen Space Data Center cause crashes and have since removed all blocks from my world.
    If it helps, I'm playing offline survival in the Novana System.

Edit: removed scripts from mod list, derp.

4. Malware Master Engineer

Any mod that might call the PB, either directly or indirectly (by getting the objectbuilder for the block, for the technically inclined) risks breaking the system and causing this problem.

The programmable block is not, and can not be, thread safe.

Please don't mix up PB scripts and mods in your lists though. It's confusing. Those are completely different things. PB scripts aren't mods, they're vanilla and doesn't have even close to the same access as mods do. Also people are actually thinking that mods and scripts are the same, try to add scripts to their server mod list, and then complain to the poor script author when that inevitably doesn't work...

Also, scripts cannot cause this problem.

5. Thorou Trainee Engineer

I just grabbed all the workshop items without thinking, fixed it now.
    Does the log indicate which mod might be causing this? If yes, what do I look for?

6. Malware Master Engineer

I was almost gonna say "I wish it did", but actually I think there was some additions made that might be able to. Why don't you post your log here, I can take a look. Please tag me when you do or I might miss it.

7. Inflex Developer Staff

Unfortunally we don't have info about which mod called the PB, but game logs stack trace of the first invalid call from parallel thread. This is usually enough info for a human to identify the mod.

8. Thorou Trainee Engineer

looking through this, it seems like the Nanites are at fault?
    Log here

9. Malware Master Engineer

What? I could have sworn he fixed that mod... But yes, looks like it.

10. Thorou Trainee Engineer

Well crap. I'll have to find a way to get up to my station again.

Thanks for the help. I'll do some more "stability testing" now. :D
    --- Automerge ---
    Thank you, It's working fine now.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.