Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Space Engineers New! Results of the Keen Software House Development Survey!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Blitzzz333, Jan 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Blitzzz333 Keen PR Guy Staff

Hello, Engineers!

Over 5000 people submitted answers for the Keen Software House Development Survey, which was live from November 30 - December 3, 2018, and it took us quite a while to analyze all of the fantastic data we received, but we're excited to finally share the results with our amazing community.

With regards to the results of the survey, we were very excited to see that so many of you would like to see improvements made to survival in Space Engineers, as this is exactly what our next major update is focused on. :)

If you didn't have a chance to participate in last year's survey don't worry! We're planning to have more surveys in the future.

Why?

Because we truly believe that the feedback we receive from players -combined with our own design philosophies- help us to create better games!

Cheers!

P.S.

The fourth photo (the one that has 9 categories) was created by analyzing over 5000 long answers, which were written in response to question 4 of the Keen Software House Development Survey.

KeenSoftwareHouseDevelopmentSurvey1.PNG
    KeenSoftwareHouseDevelopmentSurvey2.PNG
    KeenSoftwareHouseDevelopmentSurvey3.PNG

KeenSoftwareHouseDevelopmentSurvey4.PNG

KeenSoftwareHouseDevelopmentSurvey5.PNG

2. Sarekh Senior Engineer

The previews are too small for the answers to be really legible and users do not have permissions to klick on them in order to see the source files.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Malware Master Engineer

What are you talking about? I can see them perfectly fine.

What browser are you using? I'm using Chrome.

4. Sarekh Senior Engineer

Curious. I am using Firefox. Let me quickly test that!
    --- Automerge ---
    Nope, I can't see them any better in Chrome. Strange. It could not have something to do with the fact that you're in the CTG and therefore can access the source file because of more forum rights?

5. Malware Master Engineer

We have no extra privileges, so no, it can't be that. These images are just forum attachments anyway from what I can see.
    --- Automerge ---
    I just checked with Edge without logging in. The images are a little smaller, but I can still read them.

6. doncdxx Apprentice Engineer

I had to enlarge everything in the browser to read them. I have to agree that legibility is difficult.

Regardless, it's good to see that most of the community feels the same. We need more challenges to gameplay. The hardest part of space is survival yet that's the easiest part of Space Engineers. I understand Keen approaching that with caution because making the game more difficult while retaining the fun is walking a tightrope. I personally think the difficulty should be hard enough that people call SE the Dark Souls of space survival, but that's just me.

Space Engineers has the perfect game mechanics for building, flying, and breaking ships (as is capable with modern PC technology). Now we just need more to do with those ships and more to do with our characters inside and outside of those ships.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Blitzzz333 Keen PR Guy Staff

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the feedback.

I haven't had difficulties viewing the images on PC or Mac devices, but I'll definitely keep your suggestions in mind for the next survey.

Take care!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Thrak Apprentice Engineer

Most websites allow you to click on an image to see it larger. This particular section of the forum does not. Non-admins see this:

Keen Software House Forums - Error
    You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

And yes, the images on this page are displaying too small without zooming in.
    --- Automerge ---
    The images on this version of the post, on Steam, are readable: https://steamcommunity.com/games/244850/announcements/detail/1703950020794369155

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Roxette Senior Engineer

If you expect a "PR Guy" to respond positively when it's pointed out that he lacks the technical support and/or competence to do his job effectively, you're going to have a bad time. Posting information like these results in this way with images that do not scale and are not valid links to be enlarged is a routine occurrence here. It's just another part of the slow motion train wreck that Space Engineers has become over the last four years.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

The PR Guy can, of course, pass it on to someone who is more tech savvy though if he had issues. :)

11. ThisIsADogHello Apprentice Engineer

I like the charts that give ratings on a scale of 1-5, but the X axis goes up to 10 for some reason.

Also, here's hoping that they focus their energy into Polishing existing... and Rapid releases of..., so that we can find out what the second half of those statements say.

12. masterjoin Trainee Engineer

What engineering games do you want next?!
    Frist we want a full working space engineers. Second we want a full working medival engineers.
    After that you can think about a new game.
    After that.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.