Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Rock Cannons

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by Zeke3000, Dec 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Zeke3000 Trainee Engineer

Here's my take on Rock Cannons.

functioning turret at the end :D

2. Ralirashi Apprentice Engineer

The biggest problem with rock projectiles is the fact that what makes it work also breaks it. Gravity.
    If I place the pretty much standard gravity generator on my large ship, it will deviate the projectile path and it might miss. So you'd have to account for that in your aim.
    On a more defensive note: i can place outward directed gravity generators to create a "reflective" field around the ship. The depth of such field will vary depending on the direction (ship length for front and back, width for sides, and height for top and bottom). Apart from the top side, the field should be able to either completely bounce the projectile, or slow it down enough to minimize the damage. As for the top part: the field here will have to be much stronger than on the other parts, since past the reflective field there will be a gravity pull. Bottom will always have a reflect (even though a weak one), since you'll probably end up with 1 down gravity generator more than up. Sides, front, and rear will have a small "layer" of 0g and then a downward "layer".
    In fact, one of my ships already has similar protection installed (although the protective properties are a side effect).
    But still, nice design and a good video.

3. Zeke3000 Trainee Engineer

you make some good points, and thankyou for the kind words

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.