Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Roll Back Steam updates, etc

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Phayt, Dec 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Phayt Trainee Engineer

I play on a friend's server. I get up many hours earlier than him. Each Thursday, I log in to steam, and it automatically updates and I can't figure out any way to prevent this. I log in to the game and his server is not visible. I can twiddle with a few settings so I can see his game, but I still can't join it because his game isn't updated. Is there any way to a. prevent my game from updating or b. tell my game to connect using the server's version?

2. mccorkle Trainee Engineer

First -- setup a download window for your steam updates (taken from https://appuals.com/how-to-disable-steam-auto-updates/):
    1. Open your Steam client.
    2. On the top left corner, you will find an option named Steam. Click it and from the drop down box, select Settings.
    3. Head over to the Downloads tab present on the left side. In the Downloads settings, you will see an area which states “Download Restrictions”. Here you can set the time when you want Steam to update itself. Through this, Steam will pause the download if the time window you have runs up and will queue the download again when the time comes.

Second, just have your friend setup auto-restart on their server. If they are running it under Torch, then it will always pick up the newest copy of the game from steam at the moment that the server restarts.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.