Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Rotors and wheels revisited

Discussion in 'Gameplay Help and Troubleshooting' started by ziporama, Feb 9, 2017.

1. ziporama

I'm reviewing a number of older posts on how wheel assemblies (suspension + wheel) cannot be commanded across rotors because the rotor essentially dissociates the wheel from WASD because the rotor splits the model into a different grid. Indeed my most recent attempts have failed miserably.

New antenna remote control came out recently - is it feasible now via scripting (programmable block tied to antenna) to make the wheel assembly work with WASD (or something like WADS - meaning - central control from a cockpit located on a grid other than where the wheel/thrusters are.

If the answer is no, any plans on getting that functionality in the future? Outside of wheels, I understand similar control problems occur with thrusters separated from the main grid either by piston or rotor. That's a major limitation.

I appreciate any information / pointers on this.

I am working on a contraption with multiple grids and it's turning out to be quite the challenge to get "central" control just because I have pistons / rotors splitting what is "one" ship into a control challenge, especially where multiple subgrids exist.

Many thanks!

z.

2. Wicorel

There is no new remote control. There is the ability to send messages to remote grids using antennas.

Scripts still do not have access to control locomotion of wheels. Unless there is a complete re-write of how they work, there will probably never be.

Thrusters on connected grids CAN be controlled. @Whiplash141 has a script for controlling thrusters on rotors, for example.

3. Forcedminer

is it hard to setup?
    i remember attaching large atmospheric thrusters on rotors and was disappointed they can thrust in a direction they're facing on rotors.
    wanted to make a sort of Vertibird.
    ended up sticking with the ol fashioned Helicarrier type thing.....it drinks uranium so fast :')

[​IMG]

4. Whiplash141

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ronin1973

There's another script/mod out there that allows the PB to listen in on what keys are being pressed and then squirt out an appropriate action. But I don't know the name of it.

6. Whiplash141

Digi's Control Module?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ronin1973

Yeah that's it.

• Like Like x 1