Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

RP Factions & Territories Server [whitelisted] [Light PvP]

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Cyber Cheese, Jun 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Cyber Cheese Apprentice Engineer

RP Factions and Territories (server) - Never Back Down Gaming Pvt (map)

• Currently located on the East Coast of the US.
    • 1 Gbps up/down
    • Survival Mode: Set with 4x inventory, 1x all other settings, safe environment, custom small respawn ships.
    • Has been up since around April 7, roughly 24/7, with only objects built in-server except for the public base.
    • Six admins: [NBD] Shadowbane (host), Killerhenchmen314, hippieman20, Cyber Cheese, [CS]Rity, McWilley
    • Currently running SEExtender for autosave functionality
    Teamspeak: ts.neverbackdowngaming.org (500 person)
    Website (work in progress): http://www.neverbackdowngaming.org/

The server has been through several cycles of partial annihilation by roleplay combat and is looking for new, active players who are interested in building up to battle for Risk-style territorial expansion at set times (or being an inhabitant of territories). Due to our opinion of current game balance and our preference to build a lot before we blow stuff up, PvP is restricted by a somewhat complex set of rules.

The complete rules are posted as a google doc here. The basics to get you started are here:
    1. Name your stuff using the “Info” tab of the control panel in-game.
    2. Use yellow and grey paint on your objects until you join or create a faction with an approved color scheme.
    3. Don't disrupt the public base station or uranium; it is there to help get you started.
    4. You are always allowed to use ship-based weapons to defend yourself so long as you light a >2,000 m beacon on that ship.
    5. Otherwise, PvP is limited to specific circumstances--check the PvP rules for detailed exceptions.
    6. The most important exception is that attacking with ship-based weapons is allowed within 10,000 meters of the Public Base and in Open Space.
    7. Mining and PvP is restricted 5,000 m from Territorial beacons and 2,000 m from Exclusion Zone beacons. Territorial beacons have names such as “N Asteroid” or “SW-SSW,” and are in range of all asteroids away from the Public Base area. Exclusion Zone beacons have the text “[Exclude]” in the name.
    8. Territorial space is governed by faction-made Territorial Laws which can be enforced with forcible exclusion, taxation, or even seizure. If you’re in owned space, you should check those rules at the end of the complete rules.
    9. Territories are fought for at 6-9 PM EST or mutually agreed times, if they are announced contested the day before.
    Current Active Factions
    September 13, 2014

Imperial Kingdom [IMP] (Freelancer - monarchy, warrior archetype)
    1. <ol style="margin-top: 0pt; margin-bottom: 0pt;"><ol style="margin-top: 0pt; margin-bottom: 0pt;">
    2. Tan &amp; Maroon
    3. Current King: Hippieman20
    </ol></ol>3. Current allegiance: MAX Corp.

Federation [FED] (Territorial- democracy, military police archetype)
    1. <ol style="margin-top: 0pt; margin-bottom: 0pt;"><ol style="margin-top: 0pt; margin-bottom: 0pt;">
    2. Black &amp; Blue
    3. Current leader: Shadowbane (Host)
    </ol></ol>
    Ciidyan Syndicate [CSS] (
    Territorial - Council led republic, Diplomat archetype)
    2. White &amp; Black &amp; Yellow
    3. Current leader: Rity
    </ol></ol>
    Hostile Paradigm [HST] (Territorial - corporation, mercenary archetype)
    1. Red &amp; White
    2. Current leader: Ash12181987
    MAX Corp. [MAX] (Territorial - corporation, miner &amp; builder archetype)
    2. Indigo &amp; Blue
    3. Current leader: Cyber Cheese
    </ol></ol>
    Space Ghost Coast to Coast [SCC] (Freelancer - support archetype)
    2. Blue &amp; Orange
    3. Current leader: Grymms
    4. Current allegiance: Federation
    </ol></ol>
    WASP Inc. [WIN] (Freelancer - ship-builder archetype)
    1. Orange, Black
    2. Current leader: Varnos
    3. Current allegiance: MAX Corp.
    Current Server Layout

[​IMG]

Current In-Game Events

June 7, 2014 - The Federation has withdrawn from the Alpha sector! A more complete history of the server is logged from the perspective of an independent explorer here.

July 4, 2014 - The Ciidyan Syndicate has moved into the sector! Are they here to challenge the Imperial Kingdom, to reign in the chaotic neutral space, or do they have other plans?

July 12, 2014 - The Federation has returned and is already vying to reclaim its old territory. Meanwhile, the pirate faction Death's Hand has grown in strength, even toppling an Imperial Outpost.

July 28, 2014 - The Death's Hand has withdrawn from the sector.

August 17, 2014 - Gravitational distortions have altered the number and configuration of asteroids in the sector. Territorial factions are scrambling to lay claim to the new territory, especially the massive new asteroids near the center of the sector. Continuing distortions have made governance of distant territories more difficult; expansion of territory is only possible along stable areas of space. The chart above shows blue lines for the stable conquest pathways; nodes must be held before asteroids at the end of the lines may be contested.

September 5, 2014 - The Hostile Paradigm mercenary group has expanded to become a Territorial faction in its own right.

September 13, 2014 - MAP has suddenly expanded its industrial power and security forces by acquiring the Imperial Kingdom in an unprecedented merger. MAP has rebranded itself "MAX Corp." and taken the reigns of the former Imperial territories.

September 17, 2014 - Gravitational distortions have increased the distance between asteroids, and many asteroids have re-accumulated their mass due to mysterious distortions in space-time.

Current Server-Management Issues

7-07: We are renting a new server soon which should have a fast enough internet connection to compensate for any netcode or other optimization issues that continue to cause lag with high activity. At the moment, the regulars are agreeing to pool $5 a month to pay for it. We will be doing trial memberships for people who want to test the server when we have it up.

8-17: The server is stable and has a new, larger map. Certain asteroids will be routinely "refreshed" on a schedule to be determined soon. Marker beacons are set to high range for now while people get used to the layout; their range will be reduced in a few days to reduce the beacon clutter.

9-7: Sensors will take a little under 2 years to weld; rotors will no longer appear in the G menu. These changes will be undone when the blocks no longer cause terrible, server-wide lag.

9-17: The map has been modified slightly to try and reduce the burden on players' graphics cards. Map-labeled asteroids have been "refreshed." The large, "conflict" asteroids will be refreshed twice a month, while smaller asteroids will be refreshed on a staggered schedule once per month.

Apply Now

Post your interest in this thread or the sister steam thread. Include:
    • Your steam name (as it appears in your profile);
    • Your experience in the game;
    • What times you play;
    • Whether you are willing/able to use teamspeak (preferred, not required); and
    • What faction(s) you are interested in joining or making.
    If you're admitted, please obey the server rules--but feel free to resist the RP rules of territorial factions or demands of rogue factions in-game!

2. BullSaw Trainee Engineer

BullSaw
    Ive been playing for a month or so. Great at building functional and good looking ships.
    Afternoon/evening
    Have TS, but my mic is not quite functional atm.
    Not sure what faction. I just want some security/protection (so independent is probably a no) Maybe I'll start my own if no other fit me.

3. Martijnios Trainee Engineer

Martijnios
    I've been playing for a while now, builded some large ships which functions perfectly.
    Almost every day and a few hours a day (4 Hours every day).
    I have TS and my mic is functional.
    I have a new started faction atm, it's called Omni Rulers. We focus on Mil and Pir.

4. Maltier Apprentice Engineer

• Your steam id; Maltier
    • Your experience in the game; Quite high amounts.
    • What times you play; I range quite rapidly, but the group I'm bringing can be on quite often.
    • Whether you are willing/able to use teamspeak (preferred, not required); We already have a TS, but if needed we can come on TS for a bit.
    • What faction(s) you are interested in joining or making. Brining my faction United Nations Space Command. We are 40 members strong.

5. Lithorn Trainee Engineer

ID - Lithorn
    I've played this since it was offered on steam greenlight.
    Whenever. Usually afternoons.
    Sure.
    I want to join the mining factions. I like resource gathering and building as well as base defense.

6. gi_ty Apprentice Engineer

This is a great server I have played on it occasionally, really great group of people. Sadly due to my weird schedule (late night work shift) I rarely get to play when its populated. I have seen some cool things going on and the role play is fun 10/10 :)

7. Rity Apprentice Engineer

• Your steam id; [CS]rity
    • Your experience in the game;been on a few servers, A faction owner, etc
    • What times you play; 2pm-2am est any time between usually
    • Whether you are willing/able to use teamspeak (preferred, not required); and willing and able
    • What faction(s) you are interested in joining or making. I Own http://forums.keenswh.com/post/cs-ciidyan-syndicate-6731986 and have 4-5 members who would also like to join

8. esparano Trainee Engineer

• Your steam id; esparano49
    • Your experience in the game; Been playing for about two to three weeks but I've played similar games like StarMade / Minecraft in private servers similar to this for years.
    • What times you play; I live in EST, usually playing from 6PM to 3AM.
    • Whether you are willing/able to use teamspeak (preferred, not required); Yes, I use teamspeak.
    • What faction(s) you are interested in joining or making. I'm with Rity's faction.
    Cheers,
    esparano

9. pancakeman2 Trainee Engineer

Your steam id: Expes
    Your experience in the game: i've played on two servers
    What times you play:12:00-2:00ish EST
    Whether you are willing/able to use teamspeak (preferred, not required): willing and able
    What faction(s) you are interested in joining or making: i am part of the ciidayn sindicate

10. Marco49 Trainee Engineer

• Your steam id; Marco49
    • Your experience in the game; over 50 hours on record
    • What times you play; anytime between 7:00 am - 12:00 am
    • Whether you are willing/able to use teamspeak (preferred, not required); Yes, i love teamspeak
    • What faction(s) you are interested in joining or making. Not sure on specifics but I would like to join the Imperial Kingdom

11. jb_aero Trainee Engineer

Your steam id: jbaero
    IGN: jb_aero
    Your experience in the game: 45ish hours playing. I know how to not crash ships, and could reproduce most of the concepts here on the forums, though there are plenty I still want to try
    What times you play: Depends on if there's something else to do, potentially 8pm-ish to early morning on the 4 days I have work, afternoon to early morning on my days off.
    Whether you are willing/able to use teamspeak (preferred, not required): willing and able
    What faction(s) you are interested in joining or making: considering Pinewood, although I'll want to learn more and clarify some rules before making my decision

You guys look well organized, looking forward to joining you

12. flashh Trainee Engineer

Your steam id: gjonn
    IGN: gjonn
    Your experience in the game: Had the game for a while now, still like to play and build
    What times you play: usually at night EST
    Whether you are willing/able to use teamspeak (preferred, not required): yes
    What faction(s) you are interested in joining or making: CS

13. Cyber Cheese Apprentice Engineer

This server is open for business again: We have worked around the netcode optimization issues by hosting in a new location with a gigabit connection. See opening post for current information.

14. jobtiel1 Trainee Engineer

• jobtiel1
    • 50 + hours
    • Between 4 to 8 pm EST
    • I don't have teamspeak, but could download it
    • I'd like to join the mineral assets partnership.

15. crazyhotpockets Trainee Engineer

• Your steam id; Bazinga
    • Your experience in the game; 201 hours played
    • What times you play; 2pm-9pm 6am-10am
    • Whether you are willing/able to use teamspeak (preferred, not required); Willing and able &lt;3 teamspeak
    • What faction(s) you are interested in joining or making. I would join the federation, Or build the pheonix alliance, a corperation dedicated to developing and selling advanced ships.

16. Cyber Cheese Apprentice Engineer

Reviewed.
    crazyhotpockets/Bazinga, I am having trouble finding you on steam because your name is very popular, but if you join the teamspeak channel we can work it out. Just hop down to the "Space Engineers" sub-channel after you've connected to ts.neverbackdowngaming.org. I will likely be off in an hour or so, but other admins will certainly be on starting in about 6 hours.

17. MrFOAD Trainee Engineer

• Your steam id; MrFOAD (http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197970591535/home)
    • Your experience in the game; >75 hours
    • What times you play; GMT based but typically play late evening so would suit an EST server
    • Whether you are willing/able to use teamspeak (preferred, not required); Yes
    • What faction(s) you are interested in joining or making; Flexible, but enjoying turtling so prefer defensive factions over aggressive ones.

18. KILLERHENCHMEN Trainee Engineer

Reviewed and i will add you on steam and yes join Team speak, it will help you find the Faction that's right for you :)

19. Damiann47 Trainee Engineer

Id: Damiann47
    Experience: About 32 hours logged, not a master engineer by any means but I can do pretty well for myself.
    Times: Currently I have a lot of free time, so generally a wide range of hours, my time zone is MDT.
    Teamspeak: Yep, I'm more then willing to use teamspeak.
    Faction: No idea, mostly since I don't know what which faction stands for what. Might be good to have that information upfront since I could just be missing it. Otherwise for now I wish to remain independent.

20. Cyber Cheese Apprentice Engineer

Reviewed. Since I would like to chat with you before admitting you, please contact me or another admin on teamspeak or via steam (I sent you a friend request). As a reminder, the teamspeak address is ts.neverbackdowngaming.org. You may have to click through the various Space Engineers subchannels because guests cannot see who is in other channels, but an admin is almost always online.
    This is a short list of factions with general descriptions copied from the server rules:

1. <ol style="margin-top: 0pt; margin-bottom: 0pt;">
    2. Imperial Kingdom [IMP] (Territorial - monarchy, warrior archetype)
      <ol style="margin-top: 0pt; margin-bottom: 0pt;">
    3. Tan &amp; Maroon
    4. Current King: Hippieman20
    5. Member List: Hippieman20, KILLERHENCHMEN, MrLegitKiller, Cypherlieu, HelghastZZ, and bazinga(Crazyhotpocket)
    [*]Federation (Territorial- democracy, military police archetype)
    1. Black &amp; Blue
    2. Current leader: Shadowbane (Host)
    3. Member List: Shadowbane, Johnny_04073, jb_aero
    [*]Ciidyan Syndicate [CS] (Territorial - imperial hierarchy, diplomat archetype)
    1. White &amp; Black &amp; Yellow
    2. Current leader: Rity
    3. Current allegiance: UNCE ( Alliance Leader )
    [*]Mineral Assets Partnership [MAP] (Freelancer - partnership, miner archetype)
    1. Green &amp; Black
    2. Current leader: Cyber Cheese
    3. Member list: Cyber Cheese, Forgewolf, Rumrunner (vacation), Lithorn
    4. Current allegiance: Imperial Kingdom
    [*]Pinewood Corporation [PMC] (Freelancer - corporation, ship-builder archetype)
    1. Teal &amp; White
    2. Current leader: Thel
    3. Current allegiance: UNCE
    [*]Death’s Hand Brigade [DHB] (Rogue - military, pirate archetype)
    1. Dark Grey &amp; Red
    2. Current leader: Leatherneck
    3. Member list: Leatherneck, Tericc, Mohel (Probationary Pirate)
    4. Current Allegiance: None
    </ol></ol>

21. Kevin Schunn Trainee Engineer

• Kevinschunn_182
    • played in a private world with some RL friends for a few months, and was around before rotors were introduced. i like to build mining vessels and resource processing installations.
    • avaliable between 5pm and 1am EST
    • happy to join in on whatever voice chat you use.
    • not sure what each of the current factions do, but id be happiest with a group of miners.
    just incase your wondering, im a 27yo male from sydney australia.

22. SpunkyMunky97 Trainee Engineer

• Your steam id : spunkymunky99
    • Your experience in the game : I've only got about three hours gamplay since I've found single player exceptionally boring, and I have yet to find an interesting server. I'm a bit of a noob in terms of the games mechanics but I feel I can bring some interesting designs.
    • What times you play : GMT + 0 , Pretty much any time of the day, 8AM - 11PM
    • Whether you are willing/able to use teamspeak (preferred, not required) : I am willing and able, however my soundcard has an issue which causes an irritating buzzing noise, however if others are willing to tolerate this I will likely always participate in teamspeak.
    • What faction(s) you are interested in joining or making : PineWood Corporation preferably or the Mineral Assets Partnership. I am more interested in inventing and innovation than military dominance or riches.
    Thank you for your time, I look forward to your response.

23. Cyber Cheese Apprentice Engineer

Reviewed, thanks for your application.

24. Raivek Trainee Engineer

-Your steam id: Raivek

-Your experience in the game: I've only been playing about a week. However, I'm feeling very confident in the basics and want to get deeper into the mechanics of the game.

-What times you play: I am usually playing anywhere between 6am-3pm CST. Sometimes after 3 but the previously mentioned time is most common.

-Whether you are willing/able to use teamspeak (preferred, not required): Of course

-What faction(s) you are interested in joining or making: PineWood Corp. and MAP sound like the best fit for me. Like someone else said I'm more into tinkering than fighting (but want to do that some as well)

Also, I saw in another post of yours where you asked why "we" want to play on a private server and while it isn't asked here I want to answer. Basically, I like white listed servers because I'm a bit of an older gamer (28) and having standards to be on the server and hopefully keeping completely immature people out helps save my sanity. :)

25. Cyber Cheese Apprentice Engineer

Reviewed, sorry for the delay.

26. Zarovich Trainee Engineer

• Your steam id: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198024981450/ (Zarovich)
    • Your experience in the game: 465 hours, many projects.
    • What times you play: EST Daily. Off and on from work 9a-5p, more heavily in the evening.
    • Whether you are willing/able to use teamspeak (preferred, not required): I have it, and yes.
    • What faction(s) you are interested in joining or making: I love this game so much you could put me about anywhere. Been into scifi RP since SWG Starsider, so I dont need full pew pew. I'd like to be in a group large enough theres always others on but Exploration would be cool. Or trusted peacemaker to carry out trades like Chribba. I like having tasks etc, so long story short I'll go where needed, but exploration with a bit of combat is preferred.

Thanks, excited to be a part of this, very cool.

27. Ronin SE Trainee Engineer

• Your steam id; 19_android_84 ( 76561198030514207 ) ( ingame name is Ronin )
    • Your experience in the game; over 331 hours on record
    • What times you play; anytime between 17 and 23 ( GMT - 1) (the netherlands)
    • Whether you are willing/able to use teamspeak (preferred, not required); yes i can use teamspeak ( will not always be on).
    • What faction(s) you are interested in joining or making. I think the Mineral Assets Partnership (Imperial)

28. ORLOFT Trainee Engineer

• Steam id: ORLOFT
    • Experience in the game: 70+ hours of gameplay, almost entirely in Creative. I've just started playing survival, and am having a great time, but it would be much more rewarding if I had people to enjoy it with.
    • What times you play: My life's schedule isn't set, so neither is my gaming schedule. Depending on when I'm working that week, I'm on in the mornings and early afternoons, or around midnight. Pacific Standard Time.
    • Whether you are willing/able to use teamspeak (preferred, not required): I am willing, though not always able. I game in a shared space, and it isn't always appropriate for me to be speaking.
    • What faction(s) you are interested in joining or making: I'm interested in the following factions, not necessarily in this order: Pinewood Corp. [I like recycling things and making them useful again.], Miners [I enjoy hunting and gathering], Browncoats [They were annihilated, so it could be fun to bring them back... also, FireFly.]

29. coonsaa Trainee Engineer

*reviewed*

30. Amonkoth Trainee Engineer

Your steam id; Ender_of_Days
    Your experience in the game; 20+ hours, I've been playing on and off since the only way to damage ships was ramming and kinetic torpedoes, but with the recent patches I've started playing more often
    What times you play; generally 4-10
    Whether you are willing/able to use teamspeak (preferred, not required); yes, I use it regularly fir games like MWO and Guns of Icarus
    What faction(s) you are interested in joining or making. Pinewood sounds the most like what I want to do. Freelance salvage and repair work, that's the kind of thing I like to do.

Edit: question.
    How avidly are the territorial "laws" enforced? I'm mainly wondering about the Imperial "law" that says that they will seize non-imperial vessels in their space, unless they happen to be merchants on their way to trade, and even then any deviation will result in seizure? I'm not complaining, just curious.

I'm also wondering if there are a set of faction rules for members of non-territorial factions (mainly, Pinewood). Thanks in advance

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.