Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Savegames do not load

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Creech1981, Feb 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Creech1981 Trainee Engineer

I can't load any of my savegames. The game gets stuck on the loading screen. I use 83 modifications. It normaly takes 4 minutes to load.

Any suggestions?

2. suicideneil Apprentice Engineer

83 mods? That might be an issue since for sure at least one of them will have broken. Disable all mods, then turn them back on a few at a time until the game refuses to load, then you can easily figure out which one is broken and causing the game to not load.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. dionisiovega Trainee Engineer

mine is doing the same thing, even on a brand new world with no mods

4. mfgp Trainee Engineer

I can no longer carry my world where I have worked most, building a city. Can I expect repair soon? of course my world is very heavy. but rather worked well. I was a little slower that did not affect me.now I just lost everything. I hope that temporarily. wanted to go back in time and turn off the internet so as not to let more update the game. so I could still have a great game that left me very satisfied and would not have this disappointment of losing months of work. I hope it is temporary.
    --- Automerge ---
    HEI suicideneil, I WILL FOLLOW YOUR ADVICE

5. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

6. dionisiovega Trainee Engineer

I am happy to report that rolling the game back to the previous version worked. All of my saves are intact and can be played. Thanks for that link.

7. Zhiila Tester Staff

Hi,

We found out some saves can take long time to load first time after the patch but if you save it in new version it should get back to normal. So I would suggest to wait and be patient while loading a world first time after update (it can be even several times more).

Please let me know if that's the case or not.

Thanks!

8. dionisiovega Trainee Engineer

Can you please define "long time to load," is it 5 minutes longer or over an hour? I tried loading an empty world with no mods and it never loaded (I went and watched the entire super bowl while it just sat at the loading screen).

9. JJayzX Trainee Engineer

I'm running a server and save won't load, rolling back isn't an option.

10. dionisiovega Trainee Engineer

on a positive note, I just forced the game to update to the latest version again, and now my memory usage issue is gone, but worlds still do not load. The "spinner" loading icon that is used to define that it is doing something will disappear and just sit at the same screen where I can look at the static loading image and the random loading quote.
    --- Automerge ---
    going to roll back to 1.185 again, I have to say that 1.186 is not working and needs to be looked at. Multiple posts have been made on the forum by others having the same issue.

11. R-TEAM Junior Engineer

My server save load up just fine (with more than 200mods..) after i update all relevant mods ....
    I am (the server and the players) still back to 1.185 as the only "better" in 1.186 is ATM the wheels (and if this realy better on the long run it musst be prove first ....)
    - and by the many "NOT" better things (bug with jetpack/micro stones/gfx - no comment .... .... so a couple of new bugs and none of this we have on 1.185 fixed in 1.186 ...) it is not worth to update ..... (ATM ...)

regards

12. Zhiila Tester Staff

Hi, by "long time" I meant maybe even 5x times longer time than usually. (only during the first loading of the world). If the world really won't load, can you please upload it? I would guess there is something specific in these worlds what's preventing the save to be loaded, most probably incompatible mods.

Also troubleshooting noted in the last update post is verifying game files in steam and deleting Shadercache2 folder form \Users\current_user\AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineers. If new world does not load, can you send us logs from after it happened? (log file is located in same folder as shadercache2 and file names are SpaceEngineers.log and VRageRender-DirectX11.log )

Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  13. dionisiovega Trainee Engineer

I will test after I delete the Shadercache2 folder and install the update again.
    --- Automerge ---
    after deleting the shadercache2 folder, I can now start a new world with no mods, thank you for that!
    Now, I need to figure out why my original saved world doesn't load.
    --- Automerge ---
    I would like to thank you for the assistance with the Shadercache2 folder issue, I have now found the one mod that prevents my worlds from loading, and everything is working like it should now.

Thank you once again!!!

14. dionisiovega Trainee Engineer

guess I spoke too soon, update 1.186.101 has brought back the issue, but only if I enable Copy/Paste for a creative world I am trying to load up... that is a new one... and I can recreate this issue 100% of the time by making a new save of any world that loads, taking that new world and switching it to creative with Copy/Paste enabled.
    I have tried the Shadercache2 trick, and that doesn't work.
    Even if I remove all the mods I use, the creative version of the world will not load.
    Now, I can create a new creative world with the options enabled, and the exact same mods, and it will load...
    So I am assuming that something gets broken if a survival world is converted to creative

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.