Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

SE Reboots Desktop

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by TeePeeGee, Nov 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. TeePeeGee Trainee Engineer

This is quite a recent problem as this only occurred three weeks ago (I haven't played in months but back then I was quite able to play the game with minimal issues and even join Multiplayer games). This has happened before and after the recent planetary patch.

My problem is that after launching Space Engineers and entering the Main Menu my system crashes entirely and reboots. Oh and there is no BSOD, it just reboots (I disabled "Automatically restart" and there are no logs of a BSOD. I have about 5 seconds of time in the Main Menu before my entire system reboots, but this time is cut short if I click one of the buttons on the Menu which triggers an instant reboot.

Now I have tried many a thing to solve this. I have tried - Reinstalling, Verifying the game's cache, Running the game as administrator, Running the game in Windows 8 Compatibility Mode, Updating my Graphics Drivers (which were out of date by one patch but still didn't bear fruit), I've tried running in both DirectX 9 and 11 by modifying the config file.

I would like to say that I do not think this is a hardware issue as if you read the specifications of my hardware, you can see that I am quite able to run the game and far exceed the minimum requirements. Also, this is the only game in my entire Steam Library that causes this problem. My temps are fine, and everything else seems to check out as A-OK.

• Obligatory pastes
      • Crash Log
      • Config
      • Windows Crash Log
      • 1101 XML:
      • Crash Log XML:
      • Hardware: pastebin.com/9nWxXzzP
      • Application Logs: http://i.imgur.com/zHuFoOK.png
      • System Logs: imgur.com/7zzGLfX

Honestly its strange, theres really nothing there. Absolutely nothing that should cause a cascade failure and reboot my PC without a bluescreen/extended information being dumped.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2015
  2. cpy Trainee Engineer

I get lot of BSODs with space engineers and nothing else really. How does one make game that makes computers do BSOD? :D

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.