Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Serious improvements needed: Space Master

Discussion in 'General' started by Kira, Nov 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Kira Apprentice Engineer

i feel like this feature is so half baked it really spoils it for me. I've been asking for client side creative mode for over a year now and while this is finally a step in the right direction, I can't help but feel it is really quite half done. Things that NEED to be in the next update.

1. Symmetry mode in Space Master mode!
    This is seriously he biggest one!

2. ctrl/shift and drag to place multiple blocks!

These two features missing makes building tedious and makes me feel like I'm playing minecraft all over again.

2. Harrekin Master Engineer

It's out less than 12 hours...

• Agree Agree x 7
  3. Kira Apprentice Engineer

My bad. I didn't realize inherent flaws in a new feature only existed several days after it had already released. -_-

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Stiletto Apprentice Engineer

It's a brand new feature and all. Like Harrekin said, it's been out only a few hours and it basicly looks like it's in the very first stage, like many other things that appeared in SE.
    So, Keen will be adding those that you mentioned at some point with the upcoming patches.
    I remember when connectors didn't connect, but they were there. :p

• Agree Agree x 7
  5. GrindyGears Senior Engineer

Also, considering it's the ability to have creative features in survival I'd say you're doing pretty good. And like it's been said, it's only first implementelation this can change radically before its done

6. codetodi Trainee Engineer

Slow down, dude...

In this game, complex features are never released in a complete state. Because it's still in developed in an iterative manner, it's still in alpha and everything ist still subject to change.

@Stiletto: thanks, the connectors are a perfect example. The new players don't realise this, but there was a time without connectors, when you had to move everything by hand from inventory to inventory.
    Then the connectors where introduced, but they didn't connect (at the time I/we didn't even know they should or would be). So we build the connectors and unloaded everything by throwing it into space and collecting it with a collector (oh the times, when the target inventory was full, the connector threw out more and more and the sim speed went straight down... :D ).
    Now we can use connectors to dock and move items instantanious - what a luxury ;)

It is all the same with the space master. Its first iteration is very basic and may be buggy. But I don't care. Because I know, one day it will be the feature we wanted and needed. But instead of complaining, that it's not complete, please go to the suggestions and post your ideas there: http://forum.keenswh.com/forums/suggestions.313735/

Now for the mildly unfriendly part:
    Every baby can cry. Be a (wo)man, use your head and help make the game one of the greatest.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 7
  7. Skeloton Master Engineer

It isn't only JUST creative tools in survival. Its Admin tools where you no longer have to resort to using SEToolbox to clean out the save with all the trash generated by players.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. PsicoPato Senior Engineer

Does it works in single player too?

9. Skeloton Master Engineer

yes.

10. Scorpion00021 Senior Engineer

Agree that ctrl/shift multi block placing should be added. Symmetry mode would probably be pretty easy too. Doesnt really make it feel "half baked", more like 95% baked when you consider the other things it lets you do.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Barfbag Trainee Engineer

Chill dude
    it's @lPh@
    they just introduced the feature and it will be improved upon i'm 100% sure of it.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Malware Master Engineer

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Dreokor Senior Engineer

Someone needs to read my signature.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Zyfe Trainee Engineer

It is a brand new feature, in a game that isn't even considered Beta yet. This is how you do early access.

I swear, complaints like this are the reason it's taking so long for them to release planets. If they release anything partially done they will get railed for it. People don't understand what "early access" and "work in progress" means.

If you would prefer, they could have withheld the feature altogether and made you wait several months down the road until it's 100%.. but then this wouldn't be an early access game now, would it?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Marneus Apprentice Engineer

The Space Master's constructions should be indestructible. I hope they add that feature.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Dax23333 Junior Engineer

I would hope this would be optional, one of the main uses of space master would be to repair greif to players stuff. Would be no good if they patched it with indestructable material. But it would be very useful to have indestructable too, for example as a spawn area.

Can you spawn in items with space master mode? This would be a useful feature.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Ash87 Senior Engineer

Maybe not by Default... but it should be an Option.

Overall: I am VERY happy we finally have the Space Master UI in game.

Used it last night, and it worked just fine.

The option to have ctrl + Drag to build would be nice though, if only for QoL.

Another big thing I'd like, after a few hours using this, would be the ability to rotate the camera around items you are zoomed in on, while cycling through objects. There was once or twice I cycled to something, and was too close to tell what it was.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Skeloton Master Engineer

Yes. It works like in creative.

19. Infekted Apprentice Engineer

Teleport! No longer chopping my way into bridges... Happy days :)

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.