Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Server not responding issue

Discussion in 'Groups & Dedicated Servers' started by bigbangnet, Nov 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. bigbangnet Apprentice Engineer

Hello, I guess I need help with this odd issue.

Here is the situation but first my setup. I got a dedicated server for my space engineer. I used steamcmd to install it and do some updates when needed. I got another PC and some friends that connect to the server.

Today I had an issue this morning, each time I would connect it would say "server not responding". I tried every single thing that I could think of and nothing worked. Tried another Instance, redone all the port forwarding, redone all the firewall from what I knew at that time and nothing would work. Even tried another "new game" inside the dedicatedserver.exe UI and it didnt work. I finally found the solution which was to start my server in local/console instead of using my own instance. Well at that time it worked. Once I did that I got the windows firewall popup which asked me if I wanted that execute to go through. I choose yes and bam it worked.

So I try a new fresh instance with no mod, just vanilla and thats it nothing else. That seemed to work. So I imported my savegame and it threw me the "server not responding" in my face again... So I gave up and did another new instance. Not my happy time but hey it worked for me.

So fast forward tonight and it seems like my buddy can't connect cause their's a mini update. 195_15. I do the update using the steamcmd command and to my surprise it didn't work ?!? I decided to delete the whole folder and do the update again. Well its a new install at that point and that worked. I fire up my dedicated server and I try to connect and I got that dreaded message from hell "server not responding". At that point I just tried another instance and everything fresh like new config and everything. That worked...

my question is why does that happen ? is there anything I can do to find out why its getting messed up ? A log file or something ??? I'm getting very annoyed at this problem.

2. bigbangnet Apprentice Engineer

just for anyones answer. I found the problem. it seems one of my mod was causing the issue. In my case it was the aggressive airlock mod. Once deactivated all was fine.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.