Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Shadows and effects.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by xMoneyShadow, Oct 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. xMoneyShadow Apprentice Engineer

So I was looking through the game files looking for ways I could find a .cfg file to lower the settings even more since I'm running 5-10 fps. I noticed a "Shadows" file and wanted to know if it's contents were critical in running the game. Is there anything else I can do to speed up? I can run ARMA 3 on med-high settings with about 20 frames, but I can't run normal settings on this above 5 frames. I know that the game is still in alpha, and there will be optimizations soon, but I just bought this game and I'm not too happy with it. The game has a great concept and all, but I'm far beyond the minimum requirements but I don't quite meet recommended.

Thanks

2. Ondrej.Petrzilka Developer

3. tracasseur Trainee Engineer

No you cannot do much to speed it up, unfortunately, you'll need a pretty monster machine if you plan on running this game any higher than 30 frames. Sorry to break that to you, but nothing they can offer you can help- this is simply the way their engine is written and they have made clear they do not plan on changing that.. They DO, however, plan on over-bloating the game with 'things' before even remotely attempting to iron this out though.

4. Kane Junior Engineer

Empty world is the best way to go right now for lower end computers.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.