1. This forum is obsolete and read-only. Feel free to contact us at support.keenswh.com

Suggestion Declined Shorter profiles

Discussion in 'Forum Suggestions and Bugs' started by SenorZorros, Jun 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. SenorZorros

SenorZorros Master Engineer

I liked the short names the old forum had in the bar besides the posts. it greatly cut down empty space. right now you sometimes have ten-line posts containing a single sentence but full of empty space. it would be nice if this could be cut down.

2. DrVagax

DrVagax Administrator

Like said in the sticky thread, please advice with extra information or screenshots. I am not sure what you mean with "single sentence but full of empty space".

3. SenorZorros

SenorZorros Master Engineer

look at your own post. it's a prime example ;)
    you posted one line of text. this is a very nice amount. often this is just the right amount to convey a message without wasting words. however under those, let's be generous, 2 lines there is 6 (at least 12 lines)cm of empty space. enough to place one of those horrendous signatures we had on the previous forum. bteween the border around the image, the medals, the steam tag and the country flag individual posts become quite lagre regardless of text. I would like to request an option to have a shorter variant. either by compressing the thing or by leaving some things away.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Killacyte

Killacyte Senior Engineer

A couple ideas:
    Trophy points don't really need to be shown.
    Medals could be displayed vertically alongside the rest of the user info, perhaps, but that doesn't save too much space.

5. Harag

Harag Junior Engineer

I think only the avatar and name are really essential for a discussion (and maybe titles like "Super Administrator"). Anything else could easily be moved to to the popup window you get when you click on the avatar (and mostly already is). It doesn't add any value to a thread to display this extra information by default.

6. Harag

Harag Junior Engineer

Hm, we told you our reasoning. It would have been polite to tell us yours about why you declined the request.

7. Harag

Harag Junior Engineer

In case you are using something like Stylish you can use this rule to remove the extra data from the profile info box:
    HTML:
    @namespace url(https://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml);

@-moz-document domain("forums.keenswh.com") {
      .trophies, .steamprofile, .extraUserInfo {
        display: none !important;
      }
    }
    If you additionally want to get rid of the distracting red background behind the username you can add this rule:
    HTML:
      .userText {
        background: #777 !important;
      }

Last edited: Jun 14, 2015
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.