Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Show off your creations!

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by David184, Oct 17, 2013.

1. MisterSwift Apprentice Engineer

I just cannot for the life of me fit turrets into my designs :(

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  2. Groodiz Trainee Engineer

Just finished this one :

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ralirashi Apprentice Engineer

Love the cockpit there.

4. eq.sarganis Trainee Engineer

eq.corp's new modular system of small industrial ships:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 11, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  5. ATMLVE Apprentice Engineer

Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  6. masterzh Trainee Engineer

7. Ralirashi Apprentice Engineer

8. Archangel1-1 Trainee Engineer

• Like Like x 2
  9. Timberwolf Apprentice Engineer

That ship would totally wreck my framerate. :woot:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Sergeant Snuggles Junior Engineer

And it would be an honor and a pleasure the entire time :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Zerberus Trainee Engineer

Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

Depends on whether it has an actual interior. I've noticed that empty hulls are REALLY easy on the engine these days.

13. DakotaShock Trainee Engineer

Is it bad that I would like to see it entering a atmosphere without control before it ploughed into the ground? Oh the aftermath would be glorious...

• Like Like x 1
  14. Archangel1-1 Trainee Engineer

Ohhh it has an interior I'll assured you of that. Now whether or not I'm done with it is a different story

• Like Like x 1
  15. Archangel1-1 Trainee Engineer

that's the first thing I'm doing when planets come out ;).

16. Ralirashi Apprentice Engineer

Isn't that something everyone is doing with their biggest ship, once the planets come out?

That and testing out how terrible their land vehicle designs are :woot:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Archangel1-1 Trainee Engineer

Honestly don't even have a ground vehicle yet. I guess I'll put that task right behind my cruiser.

18. fritozy101 Apprentice Engineer

You can do that now, There is a few mods out to replicate a planet and natural gravity.

19. fritozy101 Apprentice Engineer

20. Ralirashi Apprentice Engineer

21. Bad_Idea Apprentice Engineer

Feeling creative i made myself two little Corvettes for use in multiplayer when planets get here (I intend to have the first military ships... for... reasons).

I haven't named them yet, but i'm kind of fond of the way they look:
    [​IMG]
    On show here are two variants. The first one, the one closest to the camera, is the anti-fighter/anti missile variant. It carries two fast-firing 23mm quad autocannons capable of putting out enough damage to ward off fighters and keep itself safe from missiles! The second variant, the one further away from the camera, is the anti-shipping variant. This one carries a single quad 50mm autocannon capable of ripping smaller (Yet bigger than the ship itself) ships to shreds. Both of the ships lack oxygen systems and are thus very short-ranged, mostly to be used for close-in defense and short-distance raiding. Due to the lack of oxygen systems, however, they are both very compact, taking up a 9x2x5 area at most (excluding weapons), that being the bigger of the two.

Oh, and besides the weapons they are both entirely vanilla!

As previously mentioned i'm very fond of the way they look and thus i think i'll keep them around, i just have to find a name for them...

*EDIT - More ships*

Because classical music seems to make me want to build things i constructed another two ships in short succession.

I did actually name one of them this time
    [​IMG]
    Here's the first of the two. It's a heavier variant of the two smaller corvettes up above. This ship combines both the weapon loadouts of the previous two ships and adds another gun up front. With two 23mm quad autocannons for anti-fighter and anti-missile defense combined with two quad 50mms you can expect this ship to deal heavy damage to small capital ships.

[​IMG]
    Here's the second of the two, as you can see it is slightly bigger than the others. Weighing in at just about 1000 tonnes dry the Tchaikovsky class patrol frigate brings way more firepower to bear than smaller ships. She's armed with eight side-mounted 122mm broadside cannons, three turreted 122mm cannons and two quad 50mm autocannons. Being lighter than most frigates the Tchaikovsky has excellent acceleration and mobility, and - if the mobility of the Tchaikovsky itself isn't enough - up to two corvettes can dock with her for refueling and rearming. I personally love the way the Tchaikovsky looks - she's also not overly complicated, which is nice for any survival world i might bring her into.

So, there we go, two additional ships. I think the Tchaikovsky is my favorite thus far...

• Like Like x 8
  22. Aroxan Trainee Engineer

One day, I saw this symbol by watching a famous car TV show.
    I told myself : "waw, it would be a nice ship !"
    I immediatly started working on it.

And there it is ! A goddamn Space Stingray !

Destroyer class, relatively agile, fast and light weighted for it's size, it can be used for quick assault or interception purpose.

• Like Like x 6
  23. tankmayvin Senior Engineer

24. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

Your timelapse is based on a creative build. Bare in mind that building epic size ships takes a LOT more time on an active server or in survival. Finding, mining, and refining platinum for that many thruster components is quite a commitment. That's just one type of ore. There are others that have to be mined and refined as well.This is something to really think about while designing a ship that you're thinking people might use in game play.

There's nothing wrong with building epic size ships. But it's always a good idea of keeping the survival build-time in mind if you're hoping people will actually use it. Cheers.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Aracus Senior Engineer

More than that, something that actually survives having blockdamage on. More than a couple people happily paste in ships and then switch to survival, but I don't believe there are many playing on servers with blockdamage off, other than pure buildservers.

26. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

I'm designing an epic ship, but I'm also going to build it on a survival server before releasing it into the wild. I've made it modular as far as power and thrusters. So basically I built a template then duplicate it to build the walls of the ship. The interior is huge. So the idea is to build a big frame in dry-dock then fit the ship while it's underway. The modular design also means I can build 1/4 of the ship and it will still be functional. The thrusters are built on the interior side of the armor facing each other with a 10x10 space between them to avoid thruster damage.

Oh, and it's completely battery powered. :)

27. Bad_Idea Apprentice Engineer

I finished a second ship with the same general design as the Tchaikovsky.
    [​IMG]
    I really like making ships with this design. They kind of look like submarines, don't they?

• Like Like x 4
  28. Ralirashi Apprentice Engineer

Drone Carrier Lakomo.
    • Vanilla
    • The carrier is should be able to take off planets (assuming g=9.8). Weight with drones and w/o cargo is 22.8MN. Maximum vertical thrust is 36.8MN.
    • Armed with 6 gatling turrets for flak defense and 6 Lomko drones. Dronebay is equipped with extendable connectors to assist in drone deployment, return and resupply
      • Drones are equipped with 2 gatling guns.
      • Operational range 5km (standard antenna). Unable to operate under natural gravity. No AI.
      • 3 small containers for ammo and fuel.
      • Drones are the only part requiring a single mod (simply because 3x1x1 ramps look better than 2x1x1).
    • 2 medical stations, 8 cryo chambers: carrier pilot, 6 drone operators, 1 roaming.
    • Jump capable.
    • 2 large reactors, 2 large cargo containers, 8 gyroscopes, 2 oxygen generators, 4 oxygen tanks. Full conveyor/oxygen coverage. Extendable connector for ship refueling.
    Still missing some timers and programmable blocks for LCDs and more percise control of dronebay. Also planning to add sensors to tell if the drone in a specific position is docked or not.

• Like Like x 1
  29. fritozy101 Apprentice Engineer

@Ralirashi I am completely in love with your carrier, the drones fit it so perfectly, and their deploy mechanism is...just awesome.

Would only be shocked if you said those drones don't disconnect when using evasive maneuvers?

30. Ralirashi Apprentice Engineer

The connectors keep them locked pretty good I think. I haven't really tried going full speed and then doing abrupt changes of direction.
    The dronebay is pretty small, however there's enough space to jetpack around the drones to service them manually. And the extendable connectors allow the drones to deploy and reattach w/o having to maneuver too much, while still being able to protect them with the airtight doors.