Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Show off your creations!

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by David184, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Timberwolf Apprentice Engineer

So far, I've only been able to succesfully modify a single craft for use on planets. Had to replace about 70% of the ship's heavy armor with light armor just to be able to take off.

2. PeterHammerman Junior Engineer

• Like Like x 8
  3. MisterSwift Apprentice Engineer

Come on guys, where are the screenshots of your solar gliders? I need ideas for plagiarism inspiration!

I've been trying to make an Extra EA-300 but haven't quite managed to nail it yet.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
    • Like Like x 6
  4. WhiteWeasel Senior Engineer

I refitted/modeled my Talon Star Fighter for atmospheric use.
    Original Talon
    [​IMG]

Talon IV
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    For this one, unfortunately I had to rip out the reloadable rocket launchers to make room for the large thrusters. While it does not have a connector, everything is piped up and can be assessed from the the ejector at the back or any exposed cargo hatch. Sports 12 Gatling guns and with 1x invetory can hold ~19K ammunition, and can easily be refitted for more. Remote controllable and has a projector with itself loaded for fast repairs.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Skeloton Master Engineer

Just something I threw together.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  6. PsicoPato Senior Engineer

• Like Like x 2
  7. Dante McFox Junior Engineer

[​IMG]
    My first planetary project: Making the Exilant able to fly within and leave atmosphere!
    New BP-Link: Click me hard!

Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
  8. Timberwolf Apprentice Engineer

So far, I've managed to build 2 gunships.

What do you guys think?

[​IMG]

That ship is looking awesome.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Bacon004 Trainee Engineer

All of these planet screenshots are making me jealous. My computer isn't good enough to run them. :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Timberwolf Apprentice Engineer

Don't feel bad. I need to run on low just to get 25 frames per second. High settings gives me 2 frames per second. :/

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Dante McFox Junior Engineer

@MisterSwift Lol, the 4th picture looks like its stuck! :)

The vertical Tail-Part looks a bit big IMO, but the one with 2 Cockpits is quite cool, looks the next project will be my own gunship to keep up with all those new stuff...

Ty, added the new Workshop Link if you want to give her a try...

Same here, may not look pretty, but at least its playable...

12. Bacon004 Trainee Engineer

On planets or in general? In space I can at least play the game, though if I build too big the frame rate plummets. I get 8-ish FPS on the moon on the lowest settings with no ships, and the Earth-like planet crashes my game.

13. Timberwolf Apprentice Engineer

On planets. Space works fine on high.

14. TuntematonSika Trainee Engineer

• Like Like x 9
  15. WhiteWeasel Senior Engineer

Cruise around planets feeling like Dr. Robotnik and crap.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=554988602

You have to use the remote control in the control Panel to use it. Has very good vertical acceleration, It's primarily used to get from point A to B and scouting. Though it has some weapons for self defense. But they are for defensive purposes only, this ship can't take much at all in a direct fire fight. In emergencies, take advantage of your superior vertical mobility and the fact most NPC drones have turrets on their underbellies and hammer them from above. There is a small reactor below the seat that you can use to recharge the battery, or you can strap a solar panel on to recharge it when not in use. I wish there were smaller panels for small ships.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Timberwolf Apprentice Engineer

Looks neat!

When I see the letters "MLAS", I think of "MLas" or "Medium Laser". Played too much Mechwarrior 4. :p

17. Anoth Junior Engineer

For thousands of years i have laid dormant but now, after planets have been unleashed i have returned and present to you my first planetary Ship. A good looking, goood performing VTOL for Planets wich can't land except you build a Platform to make it land (Seriously... Those Small Ship Turrets are ginormous...)
    [​IMG]
    In addition to it's Helicopter Like Flight Behaviour it is also able to manouver around in a Gravity Less enviroment. For moving it around on a Carrier or something. I don't know how well it handles atmospheric entry but inside the Atmosphere it works quite well.
    [​IMG]

Here you see a squad flying around in the beautiful Landscape of an Earthlike Planet (sry for tge muddy textures but anything higher and i wouldn't be able to play at all on Planets :woot:)

Also some random Firing excercise
    [​IMG]
    If you want to give a closer opinion on it feel free to test it you can find it here!

• Like Like x 2
  18. Namdoolb Apprentice Engineer

Carrier for hauling around all my small ships.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=554737263
    Asymmetric design... Was a pain in the proverbial to built, but I'm liking the result. I just need to polish my exterior decorating skills. I can't seem to do proper exterior detailing in a way that works and looks good - so I end up with a lot of flat surfaces.

Plenty of pictures on the workshop link. I don't like linking pictures directly from steam.

19. Anoth Junior Engineer

I love the Paintjob of the Craft :woot: Reminds me of my B.R.S. Ships since they use exactly the same color scheme :woot:

20. Ralirashi Apprentice Engineer

First generation atmospheric fighter. Armed with 2 conveyored gatlings and 4 pylons on the wings for standard missile launchers. Wings and tail are not just decorative. Tail is used for additional thruster placement. Wings are used for weapon placement, fuel/ammo storage (wings are about 80% cargo containers) and additional thruster placement.
    I need to improve maneuverability of the craft. But I feel like it'll drastically increase the size.
    Pros:
    • Survival ready
    • Has oxygen (aka useable on Mars-like planets)
    • Looks cool (at least I think so)
    • All "components" are protected by either armor blocks or armor panels (with a couple exceptions on the wings, where it'd interfere with thrusters)
    Cons:
    • Slow
    • Handles like a cow
    • Landing is HARD
    • Not sure about maximum fuel/ammo load
    P.S. I might have lost a couple thrusters on the left wing before creating the blueprint not sure if updating the blueprint in the game updates it on the workshop. I apologize for that.
    Just slap 4 atmospheric thrusters there in the same pattern as on the right wing.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=555317176

Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  21. Mobiyus Apprentice Engineer

Refining Outpost near my first planetside landing site. French flag colors because reasons.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  22. Lynnux Junior Engineer

Cool creations here ! Have to drop in my scout vehicle:
    ExtermeScout "Zecke"
    Read the feature list on steam workshop ;)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  23. iN5URG3NT Senior Engineer

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. TuntematonSika Trainee Engineer

25. DakotaShock Trainee Engineer

My lord that is beautiful! I am extremely jealous at how smooth this is, well done!

26. Timberwolf Apprentice Engineer

I still want to know how you managed to attain that shape. All of my space/aircraft end up blocky. Most of them anyway.

The lack of lift generating wings really makes VTOL the only viable aircraft type.

27. Ralirashi Apprentice Engineer

Making it non-blocky is hard. Making it non-blocky and maneuverable is super hard lol. So far I've been able to get either decent looks or decent maneuverability. But I guess with time we'll get adjusted to natural gravity performance.
    And yes, VTOL is the only option right now for vanilla. Otherwise there's Digi's aerodynamics mod.

Also tried recreating my space Mi-24 for use on planets.....The prototype failed. Once I started up the rotors, it started tipping over to the side (the one with the tail rotor) and then crashed due to lack of side thrust :woot:

Speaking of mi-24 and digi's aerodynamics....I should try using Digi's wings in place of purely aesthetical rotor blades to see if that would help.

28. iN5URG3NT Senior Engineer

• Like Like x 3
  29. Timberwolf Apprentice Engineer

Well, if you scroll up, you can see a pic I took of two VTOL gunships I made. The one on the left is pretty much a recreation of the Type 4 Doragon from BF2142. I built it before the addition of planets so I had to redo a lot of things. Including reducing the weight as much as possible and making more space to fit in the jet engines.
    Weight has really become a thing. All of my spacecraft are heavy armor, but it seems heavy armor is a no-go for aircraft.

The one on the left is a redesign of the one on the right.

Both have no sideways or forward facing engines. The only way to steer is pitching and rolling. Just like in Battlefield games with helicopters, only more frustrating as there seems to be no drag to slow the craft down.

I'd love to see your Mi-24 Hind. I love the Hind, particularly because it has a crew compartment for carrying infantry.
    That being said, I design most of my craft with the illusion that someday they'll be useful to someone, somewhere. But, even if I manage to make a good craft, the market for those things is already oversaturated with better designs. So I suppose I make them more for myself than for others.

EDIT:

I like it. Which is a bad thing, because it undermines my motivation to make aircraft myself. Just like with drawings, there's too much of a mountain to climb to even try to compete.

• Agree Agree x 2
  30. Ralirashi Apprentice Engineer

Guess I've never posted it before. It's very impractical due to rotors being considered a separate grid. Their rotation was destabilizing the thing during flight. Also manual resupply, since there wasn't enough space for a connector. Another problem I encountered during the rebuild process is that small ship turrets have pretty bad collision model. So having that gunner-controlled turret would make it impossible to land.

• Like Like x 2