Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Show off your creations!

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by David184, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Arcturus Senior Engineer

My first solar/battery moon buggy. Nothing special, but at least it drives better than the Mako:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. TuntematonSika Trainee Engineer

I noticed I may a small mistake on the Arnalon Mk2. For vanilla speeds the staging was too fast so I increased the staging delays and increased fuel capacity on Stage 1 to exit Earths SoI.

Glamour shot of the Arnalon testing it's engines.

[​IMG]

Workshop link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=555720579

• Like Like x 1
  3. mhalpern Senior Engineer

The Mako isn't exactly a high bar

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Aracus Senior Engineer

I really don't get why the Mako gets so much flak... It was responsive and agile for being an APC and you could get it practically everywhere if you put some work into it! Heck, airdonuts on flat terrain! :D

5. Hotshot Jimmy Senior Engineer

Phoenix Heavy lifter
    [​IMG]

Phoenix in action safely descending Atlas from orbit
    [​IMG]

Solar Sally ready to go haha
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  6. AutoMcD Senior Engineer

About time someone took brakes seriously around here. :)

Edit: scratch that, I was looking at it backwards.

• Like Like x 1
  7. KissSh0t Master Engineer

I landed on a planet... in creative so I didn't have to worry about fuel.. pistons didn't explode, so that was a surprise.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  8. Hotshot Jimmy Senior Engineer

"Where we're going, we don't need brakes..."

9. Hotshot Jimmy Senior Engineer

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

oh and one for you Rotal :carlton: yeee of little faith :woot:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  10. Whiplash141 Junior Engineer

Allow me to post my revived hover bike, the Chariot :)
    Workshop Link
    Notable Features:
    • Auto adjusting holographic gun sight
    • Custom programed status screens
    • Decent handling
    • Awesome Maroon 'n White paint scheme :p
    Hope y'all enjoy!

• Like Like x 6
  11. Timberwolf Apprentice Engineer

I kinda like the shape I ended up with, but it didn't leave any room for onboard weapons. Had to cram a couple small reactors in there, with difficulty.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  12. Whiplash141 Junior Engineer

There is always space for guns :p

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. WhiteWeasel Senior Engineer

Made my first rover. Made with full heavy armor and comes with 4 gatling turrets, one missile, and three mini sentrys. I swear, those slimline batteries (and turrets) are a must have mod! Also testing to see if my imgur embedding works.

• Like Like x 3
  14. BlackScythe Apprentice Engineer

This is the Atmospheric Version of my Ares - Corvette, The OKI Weapons is the only mod i used. Please tell me what you think about it
    EDIT: The Ion thrusters on the top were only leftovers and have already been removed.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 17, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Clunas Junior Engineer

Hail State? *tentatively picks up cowbell*

16. artiedee Trainee Engineer

• Like Like x 3
  17. Whiplash141 Junior Engineer

Nope! Aggies :p But we are still brothers in Maroon :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Bloody_Kain Apprentice Engineer

Something I build some Hours ago in my first "Planetary" test:

[​IMG]

My little Solar Flyer. ^^

It flys like a dream, but I had some Problems building it. ^^
    Many trys and Errors... and most of my previous designs aren't ready for Planets.

Damn, I think I must power off my Rig. The Storm outside becomes stronger and stronger... -.-

Cya.

19. Lord DC Trainee Engineer

Everyone is making planetary ships, while meanwhile I have designed a massive mining all-in-oner capable of hovering on planets and extracting things.

It is gigantic and is meant to supply large factions and/or be an endgame project. I personally built it as a sort of machine capable of producing enough ore to be able to build my Executor.

Here are some screenies and the Workshop link if interested.

Workshop link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=557257929

20. mhalpern Senior Engineer

Am I the only one that loves the small grid air vent? seriously that thing has two states- out of the way and functional, and adding charm and being functional. It's officially my favorite block- I probably will avoid using the passenger seat/RC block trick JUST to have an excuse to put it on the nose of the classic cockpit, and I'm a function over form guy.

21. Discontinuous00 Trainee Engineer

Assemble the fleet![​IMG]
    [​IMG]

All ships are vanilla.
    Notable bits:
    • The Demolisher hides 128 rocket launchers (32 facing each of port/staboard/ventral/dorsal) under the solar panels which are attached via rotors. Alongside this, there's a gravity powered torpedo builder+launcher facing forward and protected by an armor door on rotors.
    • The Enforcer is light enough to land on and take off from moons. Occluded from view are 2 large hydrogen thrusters.
    • The Enforcer and Demolisher have their forward and rearward-facing ion thrusters shielded by the ship's armor. This allows at least some method of control or escape in the event that all external thrusters are destroyed, the jump drives are not charged, and the gravity core has somehow been rendered unusable.
    • Mk2 and Mk3 consumers have a sensor-driven gravity crawler drive that slowly pulls them through asteroids with essentially no user input. Fire and forget! The gravity crawler automatically disengages if no ore is detected nearby.
    • Aside from the Consumer Mk1 (no gravity drive) and and Penetrator (Forward/Reverse-only), all capital ships have a pre-fabricated omni-directional gravity drive. The Enforcer, Demolisher, and Migrator have their gravity drives integrated into the middle of a large capital ship engine core of which there are 2 varieties.
    • Carefully aimed, the penetrator can eliminate the reactor of an NPC pirate carrier with a 25 m/s impact. In so doing, it sustains minimal damage.
    • All consumers produce their own fuel from mined uranium.

22. Zerberus Trainee Engineer

So, after the planet release i built a Star Wars inspired Speeder:
    Its light and manouvrable but the battery cant offer enough power because Jet Engines just take to much, i hope that keen will rebalance that. In there are enough components for building a solar panel for recharging(inventory x1), also its survival ready ^^

Heres the link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=557594368&searchtext=

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  23. mhalpern Senior Engineer

while atmospheric thrusters need tweaking- remember they aren't Supposed to be a low tier catch all solution to locomotion, for long distance and low power, wheels seem to be what's encouraged.

24. Thermonuklear Junior Engineer

• Like Like x 2
  25. Einharjar Junior Engineer

Alright, WE ON !!!!!

26. KC32 Trainee Engineer

• Like Like x 2
  27. Me 10 Jin Apprentice Engineer

Here's my current project work-in-progress (ignore the yellow checkered area). When its finished, it will become a drop-in replacement for the Earth Easy Start platform, and all the little vehicles will spawn on the landing pads to boot!

[​IMG]

I'll paint it when I'm finished building stuff. Btw: does anyone use a welder pit?

• Like Like x 4
  28. mhalpern Senior Engineer

not really, that thing is kinda pointless

29. b.staples25 Trainee Engineer

• Like Like x 5
  30. Mobiyus Apprentice Engineer

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2