Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Show off your creations!

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by David184, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Swanicus Apprentice Engineer

CDI Cicada light defense skiff.

2 chairs
    1 Med cargo container
    1 Gatling turret
    Remote control for piloting

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

*Detailed info breakdown coming tomorrow*

• Like Like x 3
  2. Timberwolf Apprentice Engineer

I really love the planets.
    At one point, I flew over a little trench. Or what looked like a little trench. Turns out it's big enough to hold a small village. Built a small airbase in there. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. AutoMcD Senior Engineer

I often use welder array, but vertical instead of pit seems to work better.
    I like to make blueprints to use in survival, and that seems like the easiest way to build.

Grinders now.. Let gravity do the work!

4. saxmo Apprentice Engineer

I've noticed that with a printer, I'd rather have a bank of welders stationary, and the projector on a piston moving across it/away from it. Less moving parts and I can just sit the welders on the ground without any additional support besides conveyor connections.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. BoredBoz Apprentice Engineer

Hello space cadets.

I have been gone a while without access to a PC or internet. Luckily I just got back in time for planets.
    Here is my first atmospheric small ship, a redesign of the Centurion Gunship. Survival ready, completely battery powered with one backup reactor.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=557986091

The Centurion is equipped with:
    5 Reloadable Rocket Launchers
    6 Gatling Guns
    2 Gatling Turrets
    1 Missile Turret

Tail Drone:
    2 Rocket Launchers
    1 Gatling Turret

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  6. Me 10 Jin Apprentice Engineer

Indubitably! I haven't done much printer design so far but the welder pit did seem silly. I think I'll include printers in my revamped Moon and Alien easy start platforms.

As for grinder pits, the vanilla version lets components fall down between the grinders. When I tested my redesigned version, it occasionally hurled chunks of ship high into the air. I'll need to make sure any ejecta is directed away from the rest of the base.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Bipin Trainee Engineer

Excellent work everyone. I always love looking at this thread. That is a particularly nice gunship BoredBoz; it reminds me of the Liberator from Planetside.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Mr Ixolate Apprentice Engineer

So a work in progress here: Orbital tether

Currently 45,000 m long, just need to build something to climb up and down it now.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Thinking about this I should probably have built the vehicle first and the tether later, but oh well :).

• Like Like x 3
  9. DakotaShock Trainee Engineer

You can always install ladde....oh wait. Nvm:D

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

Small Atmospheric Miner (SAM)
    Code name: TBD

So here's my small ship miner. It can fly and mine. It has two medium cargo container, one connector, and six drillers.

Flight time is a maximum of an hour, though realistically 15-30 minutes of drilling seems realistic.

Dry weight is about 85,000kg. I packed all 9 compartments with stone and took it for a test flight. Level flight is just fine. Even fully loaded it can rotate at an angle in all directions pretty far before losing dampeners and sliding.

There is also a series of stone ejectors underneath. I believe there are 13 of them.

It can mine fully vertical when necessary, but not advisable when the cargo bays are full or near full.

I still have to name blocks, program the toolbar, and set up LCDs with MMaster's script (and my custom script that toggles each screen to display different information, different color text, and different font size). I may also add a script that balances the load between miner heads when the cargo blocks are full.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Dwarf-Lord Pangolin Senior Engineer

• Like Like x 1
  12. Sinbad Senior Engineer

if you had, the vehicle could have printed the tower on its way up...

13. The Judge Trainee Engineer

14. The Judge Trainee Engineer

I made a video for my space miner , and the planet version, for another thread. Might as well put it here. The planet version is only the mk1. It is still undergoing the design iteration to perfect it for the challenges of planets. Working on a small ship version and a vertical version atm.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. BANDIT Apprentice Engineer

somebody remembers kamis lookout?^^ from dragonball?:D
    I GONNA BUILD THAT!!!!:D

• Like Like x 1
  17. Hotshot Jimmy Senior Engineer

Did you notice my witchcraft from earlier...

[​IMG]

18. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

[​IMG]

Edit: Topical! Here's the launch of a ship i whipped up in Creative. Due to the way it... "landed"... i'm calling her The Aftermath.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Timberwolf Apprentice Engineer

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. plaYer2k Master Engineer

By far not!
    Mine is smaller ;)

[​IMG]

How well does that setup work with the limited moment of rotors under natural gravity?
    Considering you are playing on planets with 1g of natural gravity the max weight on the arm should be along the line of F = M / l ~= 448 000 Nm / 7m = 64 kN which is merely ~6 500 kg mass under 1g.
    Though i like any mechanical setup in SE and would love to see more of them :)

• Like Like x 1
  21. fritozy101 Apprentice Engineer

This is my first crack at building (a functional) "Earth Like" atmo ship. So I kept it very simple, but still made sure it was attractive and dynamic.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=559106718

Does anyone else realize it is really difficult to build a sexy looking ship using atmo thrusters? Trying to get a nice shape without adding on too many blocks to the weight took quite a few hours.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
  22. PeterHammerman Junior Engineer

Well its not difficult, You have only do some math about Power output and thrusters due to mass of the ship. And reasonable recharge system.

Griffin II
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  23. M1stery Apprentice Engineer

I'm working on a scenario where you start off in a Lost and unpowerd city in the mountains (earth like planet), the goal will be to find the uranium you nead to repower the nuclear core wich will give you access to the city's infrastructures, this will include large solar arrays, tunnels and roads leading to the valley and large mining areas and also a subway system, the map will also include some Easter eggs that look cooler then they are useful.

Here is one of the tunnels I just finished.
    [​IMG]
    Edit: almost forgot its 5000m long

• Like Like x 9
  24. Dante McFox Junior Engineer

Planetary Craft everywhere, i want, too!
    little Thingys along the Way:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And my FollowUp on the Exilant, FDI proudly presents:
    The FX-1B "Diligent"
    [​IMG]

Compared to her precursor she is a "Jack-of-All, King-of-None" as well, with same functionality in a smaller chassis.
    E.g. she lost most of her Storage Capacitys in Cargo and Oxygen, but gained a second Hydrogen Tank. And while sacrificing most of her Ion Thrusters and one Jumpdrive, together with some minor changes, her empty-weight is about the half of the Exilant.
    Other improvements our customers called for are some basic armament for defense against natural threats, greater Laser-Antenna Coverage and stronger Hydrogen-Propultion.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  25. The Judge Trainee Engineer

Here. This is what I want you to do - Roll a seven with a singe roll of a normal six sided die. This kind :

[​IMG]

annnnd go. Not everything is possible. In SE or IRL.

26. Ralirashi Apprentice Engineer

Everyone has been building small fighters or troop transports. But what about civilians? Miners and engineers need to travel from one location to the other in comfort. Introducing the first commercial airliner. It's still in testing stage. LCDs for pilots aren't setup yet. They will be duplicated: 1 with fuel/power information (configurable LCDs script), the other with navigational information (script by Pennywise) for each of the 2 pilots.
    Features:
    • Aerodynamics mod, so not a VTOL. This improves fuel efficiency, but makes percise handling rather difficult
    • 12 passengers. Each one having his own overhead bin (small cargo container)
    • 3 medium cargo containers to handle baggage that's too big for carry-on.
    • Easy access for passengers and pilots. Courtesy of Boarding Ramp mod.
    • Retractable landing gear, so you don't look as ugly in flight. Still some kinks with suspension that needs to be addressed by devs, but I might be able to find some workaround for that.
    • Pilots' cabin can be closed to prevent unwanted passengers to wander in.
    • Overall uses only a limited amount of mods:
      • Azimuth Open Cockpit
      • Small Ship Mega Modpack
      • Armored Ramps
      • Armored Panels
      • Boarding Ramp
      • Aerodynamics
    I still haven't tested ground controls. I've only set it on a straight runway for take off. I've also yet to make a successful landing. All 3 test flights ended with me crashing into a mountain (either on purpose or by accident). This means that I haven't had the chance to see if the landing gear can withstand the landing. However, passenger survival rate is HIGH: out of the 36 potential passengers on the test flights, only 6 would have died (and 3 pilots out of 6).
    If this thing proves successful, you can upscale it to hold more passengers and carry more cargo.

• Like Like x 1
  27. VilniusNastavnik Apprentice Engineer

I might look at creating a new world after Goliath is finished (66% completed interior, see link in my sig) and work on atmospheric vessels only.. no surface to orbit. But at the moment I really dislike planets, or rather the inability to engage jump drives in natural gravity. I hate the fact that I have to get the ship off the ground face the sky and then override my rear thrusters and then go walk away for an hour until I am out of the 50,000 m mark. Really.. Apollo 10 reached 40,000 km/h and we are stuck running round at 375 km/h ish.

I get the whole igniting the atmosphere trope, but if the blue planet is earth, the ozone layer is only 90km up.. easily engage the jump drives once past the 100km equivalent.. so say 10km up.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
  28. erdrik Apprentice Engineer

After drawing some extra dots on the die, I rolled a seven in one go.
    What want me to roll a different number? Kay, where'd I put my pencil and eraser...

Not every thing is possible, but damn near anything can be worked around.

29. The Judge Trainee Engineer

Then you failed. Hard. Making up your own rules is not working a problem , it is defining a solution into existence. In SE terms modding the vanilla. You have defined a solution as being a situation "where changing any given parameter so that it gives you the solution you are looking for is a solution". If you cannot solve it with the defined rules, or vanilla (in this case you just modded my die to 7 sides to solve the problem... thus breaking the rules); You have not solved it. Adding a dot is modding source code. It is changing the rules so that you can win by simply saying you won.

Also if you added some extra dots to the die, you made it impossible to get other numbers. The only way you could have done that is to add a dot to the six. ... cool. you got seven. Now six is impossible. Good job. You proved my point. It is now impossible to roll a 6.

30. VilniusNastavnik Apprentice Engineer

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3