Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Show off your creations!

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by David184, Oct 17, 2013.

1. fritozy101 Apprentice Engineer

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=561932935

This is one of the most functional vehicles I have ever made before, absolutely shocked myself. Durable as hell (by durable, it can take a serious beating and fall 22m without breaking anything.)
    Had some stupid fun driving it around for a couple hours on a planet to test it's limitations, and could not break the damn thing unless I was actually trying to break it.
    And in my experience with most cars? They all tend to flip on turns, even slow turns... yup she just breezes through those to.

-x10 Wheels, Six Main, Four Levels.
    -x10 Front, Rear, and Side Lights.
    -x2 Oxygen Supplied Cockpits.
    -x12 Mass Blocks
    -x4 Batteires.
    -x6 Small Reactors.
    -x1 Solar Panel.
    -x2 Cameras, Front, and Rear.
    -x1 Rear Connector.
    -x1 Top Gatling Turret.
    -x8 Gyroscopes for Mid-Air Adjustments, and Tight Turns.
    -x4 Medium Cargo Containers.
    -x1 Ore Detector.
    -x2 Atmo Thrusters, and x1 Ion Thruster for Quick Breaking.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Arcturus Senior Engineer

Another ship that I developed purely to meet a need:
    [​IMG]
    In this case, I had to lift pre-built large ship blocks or 30,000 kg of cargo from the moon's surface to space. Up and down cameras make ascent and descent flights safer. Theoretically this ship could do lightly loaded earth surface flights on ion thrusters.

3. Vaskadar Apprentice Engineer

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Sergeant Snuggles Junior Engineer

You arent kidding....a single low res screenshot, that is indeed....all

Still the rockets look nice :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Vaskadar Apprentice Engineer

When I get back online, I'll do better shots :p

It's a tad silly

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Sergeant Snuggles Junior Engineer

You're damn skippy you will, slapdash that submission SLAPDASH at best!

But no seriously looking forward to seeing it as im currently looking at building my own Atmos Utility chair

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. artiedee Trainee Engineer

8. artiedee Trainee Engineer

Improved auto-hover by adding an unlocked gyroscope, allows to autohover and move around. Totally kicks ass.

9. masterzh Trainee Engineer

(i hope some will get this right)
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. artiedee Trainee Engineer

Ive landed with my smallest ship:

This is a functional ship with only 1 thruster.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
  11. artiedee Trainee Engineer

Have a look at something Im working on:

Amalgamation of most useful scripts from workshop.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Bloody_Kain Apprentice Engineer

Thats why driving on Ice is dangerous:
    [​IMG]

Survival Mode. Had Build my first small base and my first Vehicle for faster travel.
    But only some Meters away from my Base, my Truck sunk threw the Ice.
    I have put some Thrusters on it, to bring it back on track, but some Hours later, my Vehicle fell threw the Ice and the World.

I tried to use my Boosters to fly to the "Surface" again, but it broke to pieces as it tried to crash threw it.
    After I got out the Wreckage, I found myself in a big Crate in the Ice.

I have a new one now, and my Solar Flyer too.
    Had to build them in Creative Mode and made a Blueprint out of my Truck, so I can Build it again if I have to. ^^

This is my Base now:
    [​IMG]

Yes, red like a Lego Firemen base. ^^
    Why?
    Because it is more easy to find from far away as it would be with a more natural Color.
    (For NPCs it makes no different which color the Base have. And with my GPS Mark, I will have no Problem in Future to find it. ^^ )

13. Dante McFox Junior Engineer

FDI proudly presents:
    Intersolar Space Cargo Vessel (ISSCV)
    [​IMG]
    Im not writing down specs noone cares for, lets just say its able to ferry a large grid large box full of steelplates around a planet, or about half of it into orbit... uploaded as BP or as Worldfile with some modules, or feel free to make your own ones with a free usable space of 4x3x2 / 3x3x3...
    BP: Click me hard!
    Worldfile (with example-modules): Click me hard!

• Like Like x 6
  14. Ralirashi Apprentice Engineer

Not neccessarily. My drone carrier has an upward lift about 50% higher than the carrier's weight. It still can't fly too close to planet's surface. Ion thrusters lose a lot of power in the atmosphere. I remember seeing somewhere that they drop to 1/3 of their actual power. Not sure if that's the actual number, but you should look into it.

15. zeronio Apprentice Engineer

USS Vengeance - Dreadnought Class (Work in progress)
    When done fighting against the Enterprise D from Rotal, hm Rotal what you think?^^ :D
    Keyfacts: Working Torpedo Launchers, Warpcore ejection system

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  16. masterzh Trainee Engineer

Bro check your steam i think you just get msg... but seriously now... cant "set up" things before recording ? Mute stuff ?
    Anyway very very nice design. Also nice ship in signature. Looks like wide sister of Daedalus from SGA.

17. iN5URG3NT Senior Engineer

• Like Like x 5
  18. Hiramas Apprentice Engineer

So, I think I finally managed to construct something worth showing here.

I dubbed this craft the "Quinjet" after the by now iconic aircraft from the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
    The design is based on the Raven Hovercopter by Venom415 (credit to them), but I think I managed to make it my own design by now. It is vanilla and survival ready (and doing a damn good Job at it, I might add).

This light transport ship is quick, agile and versatile. It is powered by a large reactor but can operate on it's batteries for up to half an hour (estimate).
    It is fully conveyored up, survival ready and with its 3 cargo containers, 4 passenger seats and ore detector it is the perfect vehicle to explore a planet.

The rear wheels enable it to sustain much harder landings at much higher speeds (vertical as well as horizontal) than landing gear based ships, but one has to watch out when loading the ship with cargo, it might put it's butt on the ground when not balanced properly.

I made multiple versions of this ship for different purposes, transport, cargo and even a booster based shuttle version that can operate in space, sustain a small crew and deliver cargo and then return to the surface. I might upload them too, after some refinement and constructing a proper set of space worthy Boosters.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=562507849

edit: added Workshop link

Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Bloody_Kain Apprentice Engineer

I hope your Jet will fly better with this Vid and Song in Mind. ;-)

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Dwarf-Lord Pangolin Senior Engineer

• Like Like x 3
  21. 3eepoint Junior Engineer

Almost there....

....just have to install some software *puts out Windows Floppy disks*

• Like Like x 4
  22. artiedee Trainee Engineer

Why dont we have these long blocks by default? I dont get it if you look at any SE ships, making a cool shape ur so restricted. U end up with minecraft look all the time due to the edginess. I just dont get it our ships could be so much better looking!

Well done on the aesthetics.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  23. Aracus Senior Engineer

Agreed, more basic armorshapes is something everyone can use that would enrich the game for basically everyone.

And it would likely take only an absolute minimum of time to implement too since textures exist and would be easy to adapt the models are by their very nature very basic and so would likely the work to make them deformable for those that have the proper tools(KSH)

24. XallZall Trainee Engineer

Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  25. Dante McFox Junior Engineer

Funny, i just stumbled across this in the workshop and wondered how it works, minutes later the video appears here! How are you watching me? Cameras? Satellites? Paranoid? HOW YOU KNOW??
    Nice concept, i love how it moves, reminds me on that shark thingy that was around here some time ago

26. XallZall Trainee Engineer

Haha ^^
    Well I was just editing the video and the posts, as well as the workshop, you just caught me while I was working away.
    Or maybe you should look under your bed! Just kidding! : D

27. Vaskadar Apprentice Engineer

Amphion - Komodo - Heavy Skimmer

The Komodo is a ground skimmer that can move at quite brisk speeds over rough terrain without causing irreparable damage to itself.

Just try not to hit trees or terrain head-on

Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
  28. WhiteWeasel Senior Engineer

So for my first planetary station I decided to make a structure on pillars similar to the pirate bases in game and oil rigs and theme it after a captured/remodeled pirate base. Features a similar color scheme, and design methodology (big open rooms for the interior). Functionally, it provides many of the same amenities of the easy start bases; grind/welding pits, landing pads, a vehicle driveway, some starting ships, and is fully survival ready with a small cache of supplies.

The different levels will be discussed in ascending order.

Ground level:
    Nothing too special here, just mostly the pilings supporting the base with a scaffolding staircase underneath and the vehicle ramp.

Underplatform:
    The first true floor of the base. It is external where the vehicle pad is, with a small staircase, it goes up to a small landing pad slung under the base and acess to the scaffolding stairwell that goes up to the next floor.

Production:
    The first pressurized floor of the station which can be accessed from beneath via stairwell or the hangar doors for the adjacent large landing pads. This contains most of the stations vitals, power, cargo, refineries etc... Inside the now pressurized stairwell we get to the living area.

Living & Control:
    Contains the brain of the station, MMasters LCDs as well as plenty of window space for gorgeous views. Has the medbay, cryopods, and a container for item acess. In there there is a second stair case that goes to an airlock that reaches the roof section of the base.

Steam workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=563188317

• Like Like x 3
  29. Skeloton Master Engineer

And now for something completely different. Been making a moonbase.

• Like Like x 1
  30. Zerberus Trainee Engineer

Next ship: A small explorer, build to escape the planet gravity at the start so you can be the first on another planet/moon.It can land on/leave ANY Planet/Moon. You just need some small hydrogen thrusters on the bottom when you start/land on the earthlike moon, because it has no atmosphere. It can transport 40TONS of Cargo(a small outpost). It runs on battery power and it has some reactors for recharging or surviving at night.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=564095286

[​IMG]
    Here's the tutorial how to get into orbit:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
    • Like Like x 3