Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Show off your creations!

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by David184, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Aracus Senior Engineer

While incredibly impressive, it looks about a half-shake away from imploding :p

2. Axtel_Sturnclaw Trainee Engineer

Really, really impressive.

One thing you might consider is using landing gear on two separate pistons to move the platform. While that would sacrifice the connector(although a bit of creativity could get the connector back), it would probably reduce the amount of jitter from connected pistons in two axes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Skeloton Master Engineer

Joys of finding fuel

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. tankmayvin Senior Engineer

Your stuff is looking good lately man!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. TuntematonSika Trainee Engineer

There's enough movement happening there, clang is breathing on my neck. I don't think adding another pair woukd be too good of an idea.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
  6. Bipin Trainee Engineer

A nice, little light tank:

[​IMG]

It's small, agile, and well armoured for its size, thanks in large part to the use of reactive armour. (Unfortunately, it wouldn't display properly when I loaded the game up for screenshots, but it can be seen in the final image here). Considering the main gun, it can dish out some pretty good damage too.

[​IMG]

Used the SNCN (or whatever they're called) miniature landing gear as track bogies.

[​IMG]

The crew space does actually contain seats for a driver/commander and gunner. An door to the magazine and autoloader exists opposite the gunner seat. It has been set back farther towards the rear/middle of the tank to enhance crew survivability.

[​IMG]

I wish I took a picture of the inside with the hatches buttoned up. The seat is positioned so that the driver can see through the door (his head rests "inside" the hatch door, and I use the clipping of the model to my advantage, so it looks like you're peering out of periscopes. Just like the real thing).

Here are some extra pictures with the proper armour skirts attached:

Enjoy! :)

• Like Like x 4
  7. KissSh0t Master Engineer

Back from the Moon~ Mission Successful~

I managed to find Gold and Platinum on the moon, so now I can build something better : >

When I got back to the earth planet, I was falling out of the sky because the atmo thrusters by themselves didn't have enough lift to hold my ship up, I might have collected too much platinum :woot:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  8. Vaskadar Apprentice Engineer

• Like Like x 2
  9. High Ground Apprentice Engineer

• Like Like x 1
  10. Skeloton Master Engineer

Well launch control for the outpost is done, good view of the Base Runner from here.

[​IMG]

11. TuntematonSika Trainee Engineer

[​IMG]

I finally get what you mean! Thank you, I could kiss you!

edit: It works! I just need to remember to not have two landing gears locking on the same pad at the same time to avoid the wrath of Clang. Thank you so much!

Edit2: Tested with a small craft on the pad. Clang had his wrath completed when unlocking the pad from the hangar piston. Back to the permanent design then.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. AutoMcD Senior Engineer

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Karziel Trainee Engineer

I almost finished my super star destroyer (95% done) :

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A size comparison of all my ships :

[​IMG]

And something i did while listening to the imperial march :

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. Axtel_Sturnclaw Trainee Engineer

Oh, well. Though I thought landing gear welded the two physics entities together, so having a ship on the pad shouldn't be an issue.

Lemme see if I can come up with a workable solution.

15. Skeloton Master Engineer

So I need to get to the moon and find some additional plat,

This ought to get me there....when I finish it.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  16. Axtel_Sturnclaw Trainee Engineer

Well, I tried. SE doesn't mind having two landing gear attached via piston to the same grid, so long as neither gear is interpenetrating the locked block. Once you add the other ship, all bets are off.

You might try letting the pad 'rest' on an unconnected block while the pad is changing gears.

17. Vaskadar Apprentice Engineer

In case you were wondering how it worked.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. KissSh0t Master Engineer

I recommend a large ship detector, I was having troubles finding it with a small ship detector because of how deep down platinum is on the moon... Gold is a bit easier to find, in craters is where I found both Plat and Gold.

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. Skeloton Master Engineer

That's being made once I reach space.

• Like Like x 2
  20. TuntematonSika Trainee Engineer

My guess what's going on here is that the Landing gears' Grid is being recalculated when you disconnect/connect the pad from them. It seems to be fine when it's just the pad, but when you add a ship it has to take that into account. also Havok may have the ship and pads calculate their own grids and then combining combining them when complete. This in turn causes, well, Warp 1 in a hangar. This could be a flaw in the physics engine, so I'll just use my old tried and tested method.

21. Skeloton Master Engineer

Achieved space flight. But with only 9%hydrogen left I need to go mine ice for the return trip

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  22. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

You might want a couple more hydrogen tanks if you're playing on a server. You never know what the maximum speed cap is going to be and hydrogen still burns by the second.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  23. AutoMcD Senior Engineer

Once at max speed just coast

24. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

Keen has introduced a new feature that instantly changes your max speed based on the sim speed of the server. So if you're cruising at 100 m/s your speed could instantly drop to anything less than that. On a busy server, it could be 50 m/s or even 25 m/s

However, your burn rate of hydrogen stays the same. So if it takes you 4 times as long to get free of gravity they you'll need four times the fuel. If you're coasting or feathering your hydro thrusters to conserve fuel, there's no telling if the envelope is going to work as your speed instantly drops and you cannot break the new cap until the game reconfigures the max speed... which usually coincides with each game save.

25. Krougal Senior Engineer

They should just rename MP to "Masochist mode" then they can call it done.

26. tankmayvin Senior Engineer

You should come play with us =D

27. AutoMcD Senior Engineer

What? Where?

28. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

Read this thread and look for the posts by the developers.

Speed "Bug"

29. Krougal Senior Engineer

Here is my WIP called the Vagabond in honor of @AutoMcD Nomad. It's design comes after a few survival playthroughs building the Nomad, I wanted something comparable to the Nomad but easier to build and with a few more features that I just couldn't retrofit to the Nomad without making it ugly. It's built from scratch, although I obviously copied the Nomad's style. A lot larger than the CM1 which was my earlier prototype, worked well in survival but it was just too small and limited so it grew into this. And yes, it needs moar Dakka!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  30. tankmayvin Senior Engineer

Niiiiice!

Not sure I trust that double piston thing though. Def not in MP.