Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Show off your creations!

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by David184, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Timberwolf Apprentice Engineer

Somehow, I find the 5th and the second to last picture a little unnerving.

2. tankmayvin Senior Engineer

I prefer standalone BPs rather than published worlds. Unless the ship uses mods, in which case it basically has to be a world.

3. WhiteWeasel Senior Engineer

Well when you bp a ship, any ships connected via connector go with it.

4. Krougal Senior Engineer

Yes, but only if you spawn in the BP. If you actually build it off projector you run into the multiple grids thang, so you would only get the main ship.
    OTOH, it does contribute to projector issues. I'd say it's better to share worldfile if you want to do all in 1. Otherwise make separate BPs and a collection.
    Depends how much work you feel like doing. I already see what a PITA it is with just my handful of ships :D

5. tankmayvin Senior Engineer

You shouldn't BP with things connected unless it's integral to the design. Connectors, pistons, rotors can randomly explode on paste or game load between version changes, etc.

6. plaYer2k Master Engineer

Thats a rather odd opinion right there imo. Especially so because it contradicts itself to a certain degree.
    When things can "randomly explode" (which they only do in world and not as blueprint), why shoulnt you preserve them in a way that doesnt make them explode when a change happens and thus as blueprint over them lying around in a world so that they "explode" once the change happened?

If they are preserved as blueprint, you could easily change the blueprint aswell as paste it in multiple times until one potentially didnt destroy itself (as not all instable constructions fall apart once pasted).

I have a large amount of multi-grid structures as blueprint and imo blueprints are actually the best for such an application.

A world is more likely to corrupt than a blueprint.
    Also to paste in something you simply load the blueprint while with a world you have to load the world first, fly over and then copy it. Though as quite a lot of time passes with physics applying to the structure in world, it is quite likely that such changes that actually make these structures fall apart already caused some damage.
    Thus keeping them as blueprint ultimately is a much better way than in world imo.

7. tankmayvin Senior Engineer

Uh........There are countless of videos of things magically exploding on paste from BP all over YouTube, etc. Lately things are stable, but in prior releases they weren't, and based on history there is no guarantee we won't have a rough set of patches again.

Things don't explode as BPs, they just explode the moment the thing is pasted into a world. You can't salvage a BP that goes kaboom instantly every time you paste it in.

With a world, you always have the chance to load up SEtoolbox and seperate the grids, etc before loading in and witnessing the explosions.

Multigrid creations are simply just not robust, especially with multiplayer thrown into the mix.

And really you should have a world save, a local BP, and a workshop uploaded BP of anything you really care about in case your world dies, your bps get wiped or your HDD fries.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. WhiteWeasel Senior Engineer

Well, here it is then, my Deep Blue Expedition Carrier.

"The Musteline Aerospace Deep Blue Expedition Carrier is a mobile base of operations meant to roam in the less regulated areas of space. Made with a heavy armor skeleton, twin hangar bays and decent armament of 12 turrets, this ship can cruise in the more risk ridden areas of space where meteor storms and pirates are more common.
    While a utilitarian vessel with a signifigant fraction of it's hull dedicated to engineering and hangar space, it still maintains the the basic amenities of a home station - Crew quarters, medical facilities, with both a galley and observation deck with view."

• Like Like x 5
  9. WhiteWeasel Senior Engineer

Now if I could only get this to work correctly...

10. Me 10 Jin Apprentice Engineer

[​IMG]

This is my WIP alien easy start base, located about 3Km west of the original base. The main part of the base is up at the top. Its basic layout is a torus ~180m in diameter. Down at the foot of the hill is a service station for wheeled vehicles. That diagonal line is a 750m conveyor.

The reason it's in such a precarious location is because I'm experimenting with a docking bay accessed from below. Ships take off by dropping straight down. Sensors open and close the bay doors and activate lights to help guide players up to the connectors.

• Like Like x 5
  11. AutoMcD Senior Engineer

Hollow out the mountain, make the lower dock a tunnel! :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. WhiteWeasel Senior Engineer

Is there ever such a thing as too much dakka?
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. 3eepoint Junior Engineer

.....dude....I build my battleships with shields and reactive Armor and tons of countermeasures, but even I would think twice flying neart that thing......

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. WhiteWeasel Senior Engineer

Rotor turrets + modded weapons = too stronk
    4x 23mm Fixed cannons, 2x Azimuth Gatling guns, 6x Scatter cannons, 4x ISM Longbows, Bulldog gatling guns, 2x ISM ASGG Grendels
    The only thing that could possibly make this any better at this point it to rig it to play megalovania when it's shooting someone.

15. Timberwolf Apprentice Engineer

Not really. But there is a maximum amount of viable dakka, any more than that and you're just wasting ammo you can't afford.

16. Aracus Senior Engineer

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. noxLP Junior Engineer

Wip mobile mining platform:

(Yeah, that central brown color is horrible, i accept suggestions) When finished it should drill up (better down) to 40meters, then activate hinge up to +90ยบ...

..., extend the last piston and set the rotor to turn without limit, so it'll drill almost one whole horizontal ore layer each time. It's basically what i do right now in survival but with a station right above the mine, now with more drills, and mobile of course so i won't have to build a new station per mine.

It have 9 pistons, 4 landing gears attached to one piston each (you can see two of them blocked to the ground in the last screen, and in the next screen), one rotor and one hinge: perfectly stable in SP, no explosions or bugs till now. Driving with it is surprisingly stable, it weights 650,000 Kgs and in lakes you can drive at max. velocity without fliping no matter how you turn, brake or whatever. Obviously it's not made to be a rover, it can get stuck in hills, the atmospheric thrusters helps a lot but it can't really fly, so... it gets stuck sometimes. Basically it's made to mine lakes, since in my survival world i'm in a HUGE lake with lot of mines.

Tests drilling are being really good, but it's tricky to get horizontal the... how do you call it in english? The boom? The drills. The large grid drills range is only one large grid block so there are some places where you have to drill vertically or horizontally, not both. It should be solved activating the rotor since the beginning to drill a circle down, instead of a square, so the boom can then go horizontal, i'm testing that right now.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2016
    • Like Like x 3
  18. noxLP Junior Engineer

Great really like the station and the idea, would be awesome to enter the tunnel with a rover ;)

19. Sergeant Snuggles Junior Engineer

Or better still....an internal spiral ramp carved out of the rock that allows rovers to drive right up to the top, much like a multi story car park :D

20. 3eepoint Junior Engineer

Another day at the shipyard:

• Like Like x 1
  21. tankmayvin Senior Engineer

The mixing of tons of different mod weapon types is excessive since you're only firing 1-2 types at once unless you are using a firing sequencer script.

The ISM weapons are straight up OP, IMO even if the ammo is expensive.

22. VanuBaguio Trainee Engineer

Desert Prowler (W.I.P):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  23. WhiteWeasel Senior Engineer

I bound them all to the same group and made hot keys to toggle shoot on/off to fire everything at once, and toggles for the individual weapon types.

24. WhiteWeasel Senior Engineer

• Like Like x 2
  25. KissSh0t Master Engineer

Up until this point I have only ever found small pockets of Gold and Platinum on the moon, so this is like the most exciting thing to happen for me haha..

This asteroid is kind of cool.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All That Gold.
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  26. jonnytaco Apprentice Engineer

27. KissSh0t Master Engineer

Furthest I've traveled so far in survival... going to white planet first, looks like it has lots of ice.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

28. KissSh0t Master Engineer

This ice planet is so cool!!! no pun intended the gravity is so low that my ship isn't even trying hover~

The drill under my ship fell off when I was coming down and I had to go find it :D

Going to have to say this is my favorite planet so far.. it just feels barren and desolate.. very nice/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Late Late x 1
  29. WhiteWeasel Senior Engineer

My mining vessel even though it does not have turrets, it isn't defenseless. Because it's got *guns* like these!

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  30. Lt_Duckweed Apprentice Engineer

Lol, that's amazing.