Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Show off your creations!

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by David184, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Jens Lyn IV Trainee Engineer

Yeah, that works a lot better!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  2. TuntematonSika Trainee Engineer

Thanks to the new lock override for rotors and pistons, saving space in carriers is now much easier (and less clangy)!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 14
  3. MisterSwift Apprentice Engineer

Oh wow that looks cool! I'd never have dared using double rotors on anything meant to maneouver before the locking feature

4. TuntematonSika Trainee Engineer

It's absolutely wonderful. And I would have used more rotors to move the tail fins if only the damn rotor head connected to the base. No matter how I tried they wouldn't attach.

5. plaYer2k Master Engineer

I finally could upload some images of the entry attempt for the last UESC contest which i sadly couldnt finish.

Some asymmetrical hydrogen cargo ship.

6. TuntematonSika Trainee Engineer

Got bored, made a bigger fighter with three pairs of folding wings!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  7. WhiteWeasel Senior Engineer

• Like Like x 1
  8. MisterSwift Apprentice Engineer

Love the shape and colour scheme on the bottom right one!

Also I just realised, now that locked rotors are "safe", it means we have much much more options in creating slopes and angles on our ships. Before we basically only had 90, 45 and 27(?)° slopes with 1x1, ramps and 1x2 slopes. But now with rotors we can finally get finer gradients...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. WhiteWeasel Senior Engineer

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. TuntematonSika Trainee Engineer

My two fighters showed a bit up in the thread are now on the workshop!

F-45 Fisher

F-47 Flicker

edit: Fixed link

Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  11. WhiteWeasel Senior Engineer

The best way to destroy an SPRT Argentavis? 'Utterly'. Bear witness to the absurdity of using every major weapons mod with RDavs turret targeting script.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. AutoMcD Senior Engineer

Video should be named "Care Bears Care"

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. VanuBaguio Trainee Engineer

L.R.V (Light Reconnaissance Vehicle) (Vanilla Build):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Elfi Wolfe Apprentice Engineer

Um how to show code?

Oh well Updated ships main computer airlock and hanger to handle atmospheres.

Right now it is set to 5% O2.

So on earth if you start an airlock it just opens both doors.
    On the alien world it treats it like space and keep one door closed.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=423016495

16. Me 10 Jin Apprentice Engineer

Pirate medium base ("Salvage Facility") overhaul is almost complete, I just need to configure it and finish painting. It's certainly a step up from the vanilla base and comes with a few surprises for veteran pirate hunters. In this screenshot, you can see it overlooking a scenic mountain lake.

[​IMG]

There's nothing wrong with your eyes, those conveyor tubes are diagonal. I have 3 more structures to build, then I can start populating Hard Start Earth.

• Like Like x 1
  17. MisterSwift Apprentice Engineer

I've been meaning to make a new home base ship (med bay, O2, refinery & assembly), but as small and cheaply (resource wise) as possible. For the exterior design, I decided to try and base it roughly on the Xinglong from The Expanse.

To complicate my life even further, I also tried to make the interior vertical, i.e. gravity and main thrust pointing in the same direction, which meant stairs. Way, way too many stairs. Eventually I gave up and settled for the good ol' horizontal layout (ah, the perks of artificial gravity...). After three full attempts (and countless abandoned ones), I still couldn't get it under 700 tons or 1000 blocks. Oh well, back to the drawing board I guess?

18. AutoMcD Senior Engineer

Best multiple-floor ship I've done so far was Franz.
    [​IMG]

Single offset staircase, worked out well.

It's chock full of outdated/broken features but the interior still works. :|
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=427903062

• Like Like x 1
  19. Elfi Wolfe Apprentice Engineer

um. Strip miner.
    It works.. but is slow.
    will do 17.5m wide tunnel by 9m tall tunnel.
    By adjusting the suspension you can head down at a good angle or just barely head up.
    Good at stripping ice fields
    125 metric tons

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  20. VanuBaguio Trainee Engineer

• Like Like x 5
  21. masterzh Trainee Engineer

• Like Like x 2
  22. MisterSwift Apprentice Engineer

Thanks! Hopefully I can learn a thing or two from it. Trying to squeeze everything in feels like playing Tetris with 2.5m3 blocks while stuck inside a wardrobe :'D

23. The Churrosaur Junior Engineer

Praise rotor locking. All hail Clang. Our VTOL dreams are now.

• Like Like x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  24. Zerberus Trainee Engineer

Released my small ship, minimalistic but with all systems (Refinery etc.), hybrid. (And Vanilla :) ) It can also be used as a respawn ship.

Workshop - Eisvogel
    My KSH Thread

The Eisvogel was designed as a small but capable explorer. It is capable of functioning in a wide array of environments including planetary atmospheres. Although lacks the heavy lifting ability of large vessels, its Jump Drive makes it perfect as a interplanetary shuttle or long range scout. The Eisvogel is most commonly seen in the vicinity of moons with atmosphere, where it's thrust configuration works most efficiently, but are tales of sightings as far from Earth as the Oort cloud. Many contemporary explorers swear by their 'Vogels abilities, and it's combination of rock solid reliability and modest price tag have allowed Zerbtech to sell vast numbers of these rugged, dependable little ships.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  25. MisterSwift Apprentice Engineer

It's amazing how you people manage to fit so much ship into such a small package and get it to look good at the same time! I'm envious

(Also, the access walkway to the rear of the ship looks like the kind of action-packed exciting setting of a movie where the ship is maneuvering wildly, and someone is trying to hang on to the catwalk without getting thrown into the spinning blades :D)

Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
  26. Zerberus Trainee Engineer

I got 2 other Ships in that size, 1 with again everything in it and a cargo lifting cabability of 110tons and another one with out hydrogen and a cargo cabability of 30tons (this one without jumpdrive).
    Cool Idea for the walkway :D Originaly, it should have functioned as a repair walkway for the big rear thruster and the big jet engine :)

27. MisterSwift Apprentice Engineer

Made a little ship based on Elite Dangerous' Diamondback Explorer. Surprised by how well it came out. Using the solid cubes of thrusters for walls, and placing lots of stuff on the outside of the ship really helped in keeping the overall dimensions down. Not to mention the partially welded catwalk over sunken airlock trick I totally didn't plagiarise from someone :p Colour scheme still needs some work, and I'll probably end up having to rearrange the interior completely again.

• Like Like x 3
  28. iN5URG3NT Senior Engineer

• Like Like x 2
  29. Timberwolf Apprentice Engineer

Those folding wings make my inner Space Engineer squee with delight. It looks like an awfully big target though.

F6F anyone? :D

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  30. JD.Horx Senior Engineer

Just realized that you started those fighters from a Callisto! :) Reminds me that I'll eventually have to update that old lady.

But in the meantime I have a declaration of love to mexpex' work...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5