Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Show off your creations!

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by David184, Oct 17, 2013.

1. P. Kerman Apprentice Engineer

I know, I was just joking. Well, half joking. They should really hurry up building those quantum computers so we can use them to play space engineers! ;)

2. masterzh Trainee Engineer

I know you were joking. Sadly i wasnt regarding the loadtime. Also instead of praying for scientific miracle i would aim to blame Keen. In like 7months they come with whole planets but are unable to optimize game for 4 years ? Game has absolutely no content neither life/flora and lack almost any depth. It was a huge joke/idea from start which controversially turned to be very popular. From my point of view they have no idea what to do with this random unexpected success and will just try to squeeze as much money as possible while doing almost nothing. (ohh new helmet!, ohh new HD suit!, ohh pistol!, ohh bug fix... wait... nope its broken in same patch already)

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  3. AutoMcD Senior Engineer

Wow, that's something

4. mze9412 Junior Engineer

You just went from "wow, impressive SE skills. WOW" to "what a total idiot" in my books -.- Are you a software developer that you suddenly seem to have knowledge about how and when in a project to do optimization?
    The depth is - in my opinion - an intentional thing. The game is a *beep* sandbox. Minecraft never really got better with more and more content, it got (also in my opinion) a lot worse because building in survival mode got harder and harder over time.

Optimization in any kind of software should be done after the software is 100% feature complete. The earlier optimization is done, the more work it will be in the end. New features need changes, well, redo half of the optimizations again. Premature optimization is an anti-pattern. Never ever do that!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. VanuBaguio Trainee Engineer

I can understand the frustration but you shouldn't say that stuff when you don't even know what is going on behind the scenes. I watch the community managers stream and sometimes other devs would join and go over so many questions explaining why certain things are happening. When you say that they haven't "optimized" the game that is true... however you make it sound as though the Devs are purposely doing that (They are trying their best to make something they didn't expect to have work). They get an update out every week showing they are working on the game and the reason things are taking so long is because they are pushing the engine to its limits, for example, this game was not supposed to have planets but after a while it actually happened.

I'm fine with constructive complaints because it helps push the game but when I see whining...

Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 3
  6. iN5URG3NT Senior Engineer

As a creative ship builder, the original concept I believe, SE is pretty good. To say Keen have done no optimisation is a bit unfair too, I have ships that run at triple the frames they used to. 100+ FPS in space in not uncommon for me. I'm not going to pretend it's perfect or that I agree with all the design choices though. I mean, a pistol for the engineer before a ship cannon? Silly.

But I digress, here's this weeks Hyperion Systems upload:

[HS] Crocodile Heavy Tank Destroyer [TDS]
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=673625689

[​IMG]

I still don't really understand wheels, but thanks to @plaYer2k's steering script, at least they turn properly. :D

• Like Like x 1
  7. Uranius Crack Trainee Engineer

8. Einharjar Junior Engineer

My first submission!
    As the game has now gone into a pure optimization phase, I'm no longer making ships that I plan on deleting repeatedly due to massive game changes. So, I'm making some persistent projects from now on. This is my first teaser as I'm looking for some feed back at the same time.

Behold, still in development, Revision F, code named Project 10!

[​IMG]

I'm working on a realistic craft I've dubbed the "MiG 144 Bear Claw". Decided to start creating a line up of futuristic real world designs, starting with good ol' Mikoyan first.
    Features:
    Fully retractable landing gear
    Fully graphical radar (Thanks to alex-thatradarguy ... fitting name)
    In-flight refueling receptacle
    Fully usable Intake Diffusers for Ramjet operation
    Combo engines for Trans-atmospheric flight

Future plans:
    Fire System Control LCD
    Ship Systems Control LCD
    Fully usable canards, flaps, ailerons, stabs, ect ect.
    Hard Point system
    Missiles, ECM / Targeting pods and even Fuel tanks

Designed is inspired off of the Sukhoi 27 Flanker family and MiG 29 Fulcrum family. Mimicked a similar lifting body with under-slung engine nacelles. Everything here has a design purpose. The under-bellow engines are for extreme maneuverability purposes - prevents stalling in high G turns. The lay out of the wings/canards also is meant to be for extreme maneuverability. Outer engine pods on the wings may be added to keep with the typical Russian theme of Extreme Maneuvers over all else, but I'm still testing.
    The craft uses a RTR inspired power plant (times 2) with each nacelles having 1 massive modded atmospheric engine and layered with 2 large hydrogen boosters in sequence. They're spaced out enough to not damage one another with thruster damage. As a result, the fighter has decent performance and functions a lot like an RTR (Ramjet Turbo Rocket) which is real technology being developed currently. RTRs will likely be the real deal and the cheaper way to make hybrid combo rockets, displacing other designs like SABRE.

• Like Like x 7
  9. LookUsArts Trainee Engineer

Not exactly a ship. But it`s my creation and definitly space engineers :D Please rate it how good/bad is it. I would be so proud if it showed off in the next patch video (my friend sad that) :D

• Like Like x 2
  10. Anoth Junior Engineer

Here is a Sneak-Peak of my newest transformable do-that!
    [​IMG]
    I am currently in the process of the finishing touches and some further designing! I was building on this since my last Mecha Creation and it's finaly coming together rather nicely. It looks a bit clunky in the Fighter Form on some places but it still looks rather cool!
    Here i a Picture of the Robot mode!
    [​IMG]

I still have to do some work on the Legs and the Transformation isn't as smooth as i wanted to be but thats all a matter of time! I hope you like it and i am aiming for a release either this weekend or within the next Week :)

• Like Like x 4
  11. worir4 Trainee Engineer

Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
    • Like Like x 4
  12. Anoth Junior Engineer

I think i am getting the weekend Release goal for my new transformable do-that! Made some Huge Progress since the last post and I am quite satisfied with the result so far^^
    [​IMG]

Currently I am thinking of making the Wings 1 Block wider then they are now and adding additional thrusters to the mix since it slows down very bad but accelerates quite quickly! Btw the new Sounds are Awesome with that build since the power on sound comes now everytime i transform it and that gives so much emersion to this build when you sit in the Cockpit.
    Here is the updated Humanoid Form of it:
    [​IMG]

The Legs are now longer and have better porpotions. I still have to redesign the feet for this build since they don't look good as you can see. Have to figure out what i can add without screwing up the Transformation. Regarding that, it is a bit smoother but also a lot wobblier. So far Clang was very kind to me wich is good. Nothing has broken so far^^ Only thing i still don't understand is that it doesn't keep it's Name after the transformation but well... This ships wouldn't keep groups as well during the transformation so hurray for Timer Blocks wich don't give a shit about it :D

• Like Like x 2
  13. welkar926 Apprentice Engineer

The teaser I have below showcases what will be the first ship from Valarkan Industries to have a guided missile launcher.

Keep in mind that the ship is work-in-progress and features are currently being implemented as I speak.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This right here is the Phersu Stealth Missile Cruiser. Unlike the other guided missile ships that I have seen on the workshop (save for the HkDD Shrike III Hunter Killer Destroyer from Phoenix Fleet Systems), this warship possesses a low-profile design and resembles a sword/dagger from above. It is meant to sneak up on enemy capital ships and launch a devastating warhead from afar to knock them out before they have a chance to strike back.

Another fact: Phersu is the Etruscan word for "mask." The stealth system on the ship is meant to "mask" its approach toward its target like the stripes on a tiger hunting in the long grass.

• Like Like x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. XallZall Trainee Engineer

Here is a new ship from me available for download, the Wyvern Type II Troop Combat Transport.
    Download Links below!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It has some bugs and flaws, but overall it is operational.
    It is nice flying it but is a pain to keep it steady due to the cockpit design.
    Uses a few mods, but I kept it at a minimum.
    The new sound update makes it all the more fun : D

Mods used:

1. SlopeLCDPanels (DX11)
    2. Slanted SoundBlocks
    3. Small Ship Mega Mod Pack [100% DX-11 Ready]
    4. (DX11) Solarpanels
    5. Blast Door Sections (DX11)

Blueprint:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=674919932

World Save:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=674921259

• Like Like x 3
  15. Lord Commissar Junior Engineer

in keeping with the short lived theme of tank destroyers above, here is my answer to Surge's vehicle.

This combines two technologies developed by Whiplash: the rotor turret script for lethality and skimmer technology for mobility

Bear Land Cruiser

[​IMG]

16. Hotshot Jimmy Senior Engineer

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Endeavour class general cargo vessel Enterprize (Mk3)

17. Eikester Apprentice Engineer

damit now i want to watch Saber Rider again <.<

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Anoth Junior Engineer

Well you can Re-Watch Sabre Rider on Youtube as far as I know =)

Btw, on Xocliws Request on his Friday Stream I Uploaded the WIP Version of my Build! If you Guys wan't a look on it here is the link!
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=675291214

Have fun flying and Transforming Around =) Instructions are on the Steam Page =D Leave me some Feedback when you like it =) I will keep working on it^^

19. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
  20. Anoth Junior Engineer

I never knew that you can breed Shuttlecraft oô Nice work^^

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  21. iN5URG3NT Senior Engineer

• Like Like x 3
  22. Avaslash Trainee Engineer

• Like Like x 3
  23. BANDIT Apprentice Engineer

• Funny Funny x 1
  24. Vaskadar Apprentice Engineer

[​IMG]

Soon.

I've got to work on getting it automated.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Fluffy the Fleshpound Trainee Engineer

• Like Like x 1
  26. Vaskadar Apprentice Engineer

Requires some advancements to autopilot, but it's extremely efficient on energy consumption and fuel.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  27. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

Almost big enough.

• Funny Funny x 1
  28. WhiteWeasel Senior Engineer

• Like Like x 1
  29. welkar926 Apprentice Engineer

30. Einharjar Junior Engineer

Muahaha! It's done. Finally. Lots'a overtime at work delayed the project. But alas, it's up an running.
    Introducing the MiG 144 Bear Claw A!
    Now for sale to limited export market! The MiG 144 A is a front line TAF made with superior durability in mind and exceptional maneuverability. It is a capable multi role craft, with fire control avionics support planned to accept over 32 different munitions and weapons.
    Feature Specs:

Twin General Electric and Kuznetsov-GE/NK500 RTR/Ramjet Turbo Rockets
    Full band long range, 3D scan RADAR (view able in cockpit!) and weapon's fire control! (AN/APG 201v2 RADAR)
    Nose mounted Fire Control module and laser sight!
    Forward cockpit FLIR! (the Camera)
    12 Hard points!
    Get yours today!

[​IMG]
    Look at it. LOOK AT IT! Don't call it a bear cub!

[​IMG]
    Goin' for LEO. Don't mess with a pack of bears! The climb better than you!

[​IMG]
    Surpassing Icarus.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    So, folks! Get yours today and don't just make sure your skies are safe! Go beyond, to the stars, with the roar of a Bear!

The MiG 144.

Bear Claw, what is best in life?
    -Out dog fight your enemies. See them blown to pieces before you. Hear the lamentations of their tax payers!

Brought to you by the New Soviet Design Bureau and Conglomerates.

Serious note:
    Yes, the radar does work, but will likely receive an upgrade to be a static system based on one of thatradarguy's other scripts. The current one uses a true scanning RADAR which, isn't realistic to an AESA styled array. Oh well.
    Landing gear are fully retractable and do work, but the game is so god damn buggy that when I close the game and come back later? Shit's all falling off n' crap. The forced Safety Lock actually causes more problems than it's work.
    The craft also comes with an array of two missile types, currently in development. Will be using Pennywises' scripts for make a true fire control system. One missiles will be self guided, the other will be TV guided.
    This thing is also freaking huge, btw. When on the ground to taxi, you need more than a stair case to reach the cock pit. You need a god damned crane!

Next in line is a new fighter, a project from Sukhoi! It will be a larger, heavier long range fighter in the vain of the actual MiG Project 1.44 tech demonstration air craft. Mmmm... thrust vectoring!

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1