Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Show off your creations!

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by David184, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Cassius Faux Apprentice Engineer

• Like Like x 2
  2. welkar926 Apprentice Engineer

The Phersu was just the beginning...Now Valarkan Industries presents a preview of its latest project, which carries on from the principles of guided missiles.

See the top of each image for accompanying captions:

[​IMG]

As shown below, the non-reloadable rocket launchers fit nicely into the design. Even better, the targeting camera lines up with the aiming reticles of both rocket launchers, allowing pinpoint targeting when combined with Whiplash141's Clean Camera Overlay mod.

[​IMG]

This small ship gone wild will be powered entirely by battery arrays and hydrogen fuel. It can ascend and descend very quickly thanks to a massive array of small hydrogen thrusters.

[​IMG]

Connectors in the back allow easy loading/unloading of supplies for missiles and fuel. There originally was going to be a connector at the top or bottom of the ship, but that would have broken its stealthy profile.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mobiyus Apprentice Engineer

4. Nailbomb83 Trainee Engineer

Last edited: May 29, 2016
  5. Mobiyus Apprentice Engineer

@Nailbomb83 The trick to make a straight and smooth tunnel is to place rows of blocks through the voxels as guide where you want the tunnel to be, BEFORE carving away voxels. Once the blocks are placed, un-snap voxel tool from the grid (''K'' Key while having the voxel hand tool selected to open the menu and un-tick the checkbox) and just follow your guide rail while right-clicking voxels away. It's true the voxel hand tool is too small tho, in the pic i posted i did 9 back-and-forth passages to remove that much material, plus more messing around to make the entrance even wider.

And the racetrack looks nice! Will have a look at it for sure :)

6. Ralirashi Apprentice Engineer

Decided to start building things vanilla. Starting small: a small cargo buggy and a military version.
    Both only have small cargo boxes. So you can't move large cargo or replace gatling turret with a missile one (unless you want a 2-shot turret). Cargo buggy is battery powered to save on resources. Military version runs on a single reactor to save space. Can't use either on moons or planets w/o oxygen in the atmosphere, since the cabins are depressurized.
    Next step: build a small base and expand from there. More ground vehicles, atmospheric flyers, and off to space.

7. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

You may want to move the gatling up one block. I can see it accidentally shooting the cockpit off since it's one block below the top of the cockpit. Cheers.

8. Ralirashi Apprentice Engineer

I know, but it looks a little better this way.. I will check if it tries shooting through the cockpit. If it doesn't - just position the vehicle so that it avoids shooting forward as much as possible. And if it does love shooting through itself, I'll just have to revert to the original design.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

Well if the gatling turret is with the AI on, choosing where the enemy is located may not be an option. It's your rig, just making an observation due to the mechanics of the turret AI.

10. Silvoan Trainee Engineer

Here's my large ship I just got into space with in my 1-1-1 vanilla survival world. The world is strictly vanilla with the exception of a max speed mod. It acts as a navigation vessel and an interim base with the following features:

• 2 refineries with 2 prod. modules and 2 power eff. modules each
    • 2 assemblers with 3 power eff. modules each
    • 4 arc furnaces
    • 1 large cargo container
    • 8 hydrogen tanks
    • 1 ore detector
    • 3 connectors, two of which have my mining and builder vessels (see pictures)
    • 1 pressurized cabin
    • 1 jump drive
    • 6 batteries
    • 5 oxygen generators

11. VanuBaguio Trainee Engineer

• Like Like x 1
  12. worir4 Trainee Engineer

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  13. VanuBaguio Trainee Engineer

Lol awesome. Also National Doughnut Day is tomorrow

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. worir4 Trainee Engineer

@VanuBaguio Wow, there is a national doughnut day? I wish we had one of those where I live.

15. Jens Lyn IV Trainee Engineer

Can't have a stupidly overelaborate base without a place to worship the great Clang.

[​IMG]
    I give you the temple of the First Church of Clang.

[​IMG]
    I ran out of memory (16 GB) about 10 times during construction. I think it's the glass...

[​IMG]
    The pulpit.

[​IMG]
    Ceiling cat is watching you masturbate pontificate!

• Like Like x 2
  16. Hawkwar Trainee Engineer

All hail... oops clang.....CLANG!!!!!

17. Entersprite Apprentice Engineer

• Like Like x 2
  18. Vivicector Apprentice Engineer

The ship I was working on is now finished.

Aurora Heavy Scout Cruiser
    7 mil. kg.

A hydrogen powered fully self-sustainable ship designed to use in survival mode. It uses 6 large hydrogen thrusters as its main propulsion and has lots of hydrogen tanks to sustain that. Actually, fuel is not a problem for this ship, its fine to refill once in several days. Adding hydrogen fuel as another thing to think about feels just nice in survival.

Ships if fully presurized and divided into 4 zones: bridge, main area, hydrogen storage and hangar. I recommend not presurizing hangar, as there are no oxygen vents there and all oxygen will be lost when hangar is opened.All zones are separated by simple airlocks.

Ship has 8 jump drives that can transport 7 mil. kg up to 2600 km. Also, it can go in "scout jump" mode, using 7 jump drives in subsequent mode without delays and one jump drive is set up for 6 km ranged jumps to check for random encounters.

While it has some good firepower and a Rockthrower Mk2 gravity cannon (cheap and effective), its not a true combat ship and was not build as such, as it has too many equipment needless for combat ship and uses light armour on all but front sides. Its reactors and bridge are covered with heavy armour and all the frontal armour is heavy too, its enough to intercept cargo ships, fight pirates and kill stuff.But you won't wish to go against a true combat ship of the same mass.

Ship has a hangar for 4 ships. Currently supplied with Builder, Fighter and Mining drones. Still have 1 free space for a ship of your choice.

Ship is capable of planetary landing with slight modifications: you will need to add 6 more large thrusters (just grind away side armouring and add them there) and remove cargo to make ship's weight 6 mil. kg. It can all be done quite fast, since ship already has enough hydrogen tanks to sustain that. This way heavy ship can be landed safely on any planet.

Workshop link
    P.S. Can I somehow change the main image that is shown in the workshop?

Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
  19. Timberwolf Apprentice Engineer

Kind of experimenting with ways on how to stow parasite fighters. So far, this method seems the most promising for me, despite the fact that even though the fighters in the picture are my smallest fighter to date, they're still a little bit too big.
    [​IMG]

What's the smallest possible fighter you guys have made or seen?

20. Vivicector Apprentice Engineer

6 small thrusters, gyro, remote, camera, gatling, some armour. I use that to kill interior turrets.

21. Timberwolf Apprentice Engineer

I hadn't thought of that. I should experiment with it when I get the chance, even though a camera gives a terrible field of view.

22. Hotshot Jimmy Senior Engineer

You know when you build something and you think, "Gee, I enjoyed this so much I want to build another". No me neither, well this seems to be an exception to the rule. I do enjoy building this ship and I'll probably never stop. The first one I built was quite small and out of proportion. The second was a 23% scale version which people liked and I had a few subscribe to it. Problem is... The rotor tunnel mod it used seems to be broken but I digress. This version is 40% scale putting it in at just under 600m long. Still working on some of the sizes, some bits look odd and not correct so just ironing then out. The less said about the rotating section the better. I have/had two options;

1. Play it safe and use two rotors on either end. Flying it will be a bitch but ye its the safest way.
    2. Cheat and have the rotors phase through catwalk panels so it has a walkthrough section in the middle, great in theory but problematic at best.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  23. Mobiyus Apprentice Engineer

You should add a piston, rotor and landing gear statue behind the pulpit to make some sort of worshiping artifact!

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. Timberwolf Apprentice Engineer

Well, I spent some time on redesigning a ship I had, with relatively promising results.

The M-5S Light Cruiser "Aurora" http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=699862362

The M-5S is a Light Cruiser designed for scouting and reconnaissance (hence the S). For this purpose it carries 3 jump drives and 3 antennas. It is recommended to avoid direct ship-to-ship combat.

The Aurora has more armor than a regular M-5S.
    The Aurora comes equipped with 9 Gatling turrets and 4 Missile turrets. The Gatling turrets cover most if not all 360 degrees around the ship. It also has 3 hangar bays each capable of (and designed for) holding 2 LF-40P Ocelot parasite fighters.
    NOTE: It can accommodate any kind of small craft so long as they fit through the hangar doors.

The LF-40P Ocelot. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=699862742
    I may have shown it before, but never really put it on the workshop.

The LF stands for Light Fighter. The P means it's a parasite fighter and needs a connector to operate. Unlike a lot of ships however, the connector is mounted on top instead of underneath.

It is made of light armor and thus it is better not to get hit at all. Armament consists of 2 gatling guns connected to a small container accessible from underneath the craft.
    This fighter follows the paint scheme of the Light Cruiser "Aurora", but can be reused and repainted for any other kind of ship or task.

Sales pitch aside, I really like my Aurora.

25. WhiteWeasel Senior Engineer

• Like Like x 4
  26. Jens Lyn IV Trainee Engineer

I actually did this before you suggested it, but I took no screenshots at the time, so here you go:

[​IMG]
    The instruments of Clang in the apse.

[​IMG]
    Now 40% less dim.

[​IMG]
    I got rid of the continuous spine on the roof.

[​IMG]
    I also installed lights in the administration building.

• Like Like x 3
  27. Echillion Senior Engineer

@Mobiyus that vid in your signature you been playing Tachyon:The Fringe again? :woot:

28. Mobiyus Apprentice Engineer

@Echillion I never played it. Had to look it up. I see there was a ring training course in there i would've definitely enjoyed :)

EDIT: might as well tease what's in the work

[​IMG]
    aircraft by @SDragon42

Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  29. Phantom92 Trainee Engineer

• Like Like x 1
  30. GrindyGears Senior Engineer

@Phantom92 that tank looks really nice. I do have a question though: why make it so long compared to the width?

Also what type of drive system is in it?