Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Show off your creations!

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by David184, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Idartacus [Farstar Gamer] Trainee Engineer

Her's my Torpedo battlecruiser, the Daenerys. It can shoot several types of torpedoes as shown in the video, and handles like a fighter thanks to alysiu's and fowlplaychikens's 6 axis grav drive script, wich will activate when you gain thrust from your thrusters. ita can also survive and win 4vs1 encounters, try it to believe!

• Like Like x 2
  2. VanuBaguio Trainee Engineer

As a follow up to my previous post here's some screenshots of the interior for my UNSC Pelican (1 mod only=Small Ship Glass):
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. mhalpern Senior Engineer

One idea i have is while something that I know that i lack the skills to do, i would love to see, and I know that a player would have to set up antennas and blueprints and such, for now at least, but a dynamically expanding base possibly planetary or lunar, with mining outposts that with the help of a welder drone will add modules to itself according to what it needs and has available to provide for a shipyard, throttling the mines to maintain good ratios of resources possibly with the miner drones being made capable of fully automatic switch between horizontal and vertical mining or use two drones each mining oupost, the idea being to optimize overall efficiency and build ships and other vehicles as quickly as possible, or send the materials (components ideally) somewhere else to be used in ship building, eventually making it so that fleet construction is more a matter of queuing up ships, the first of which will be quick to make because of a stockpile of materials, not to mention a stockpile of ammo and consumables to ensure readiness for deployment. The way I see it, the whole advatage of having planetary bodies is to do large scale automation, a lack of platinum is a problem, but we can solve that by building the deep spacecraft in orbit and concentrating astroid or moon mining on platinum and uranium, having a near continuous supply of all the other components and supplies will be an advantage in itself, one thing that you could do is have an orbital station build lightly armed full hydrogen and solar com satellites, within gravity they will have to land on astroids, but the main idea is a far reaching and robust laser antenna network that won't take much to set up or maintain, yes those things take an extortionate amount of power especially if you want to go solar, and base your power arrangement on having significantly sub optimal solar exposure, and being rigid with no solar tracking, or single axis -may be possible to build the array separately with a rotor head in its blueprint and carefully add it to a rotor base on the satellite but I really want it to be as hands free as possible, less i have to do manually, the cheaper it is, personally I think the laser antenna power consumption needs rebalancing as the construction cost and LoS make them harder to use anyways, I would keep the range and instead figure out a jump drive mail carrier if i really needed long range communication, it would be one way, and I would have to make sure that I didn't jump with it, but it would be good for large requests or sending valuable data, could have all jump ships have a passive mail carrier role, as well as for non jump cargo ships within a planet's area (including moons) that are beyond antenna range to do similar, but just being able to request a bunch of ships and come back to retrieve them, properly loaded and ready for battle would be a thing of beauty, and it would make people want to fight over planets, after all, it doesn't make sense unless you can harvest resources for a great long time without moving around much.

4. Spaced Engineer Trainee Engineer

5. AutoMcD Senior Engineer

Maybe one day I'll try to read all of that.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. SaturaxCZ Senior Engineer

Well.... new films have skull on front of his ship, but dont forget orginal story with Captain Harlock from 1978 Arcadie never had it. ( but its probably too old and moust of people didnt see it :eek:ops: )

7. Robotnik V Apprentice Engineer

Just watched the video, is it good or bad that A, I have no idea what is going on, and B, that the video was a bit boring... God mode pirate ship VS glass peashooter... No offense to the person who made the new films, but still.

8. SaturaxCZ Senior Engineer

I remember only old tv show and never did watch films only trilers :clang: Exactly, because its looks strange... ( but its Off-topic )

Snugglez make good work recreat front of ship, looks almost the same like orginal. :rocket:

9. Snugglez Trainee Engineer

10. Wellstat Apprentice Engineer

That is one of the thickest Plot Armor i have seen in movies...

11. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

What your asking of requires heavy use of in-game scripting. In-game scripts cannot access information from ore detectors regarding the location of ores. So automated mining cannot happen with any sort of precision. You can blanket an area and strip mine it. But the precision cutting of ores out of the environment without human intervention. That's not going to happen. Expanding a grid is possible since each cube can be located within a grid and then mapped to a GPS coordinate. But which blocks do you weld first? There's also the issue on unintentional welding that can block your drone from reaching other blocks in the area.

Your idea is a fantasy not an idea.

If you use Taleden's Inventory Manager, you can set quotas for each type of ingot and component.

But basically you're asking for the flying car. In 1890.

12. Sirhan Blixt Apprentice Engineer

I seem to remember at least one episode of "The Wild Wild West" where ...

13. Sim Trainee Engineer

A ship that can land on any planet and has an internal hangar. Almost complete, just needs some more internal decorations and lighting tweaks.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  14. VanuBaguio Trainee Engineer

15. Rocketmann Trainee Engineer

My first ship. Twilight freighter from The Clone Wars cartoon. :D

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. Wellstat Apprentice Engineer

Worrking on a new Guidance Block Mod. Easy install for turning grid into homing missile:

• Like Like x 2
  17. GrindyGears Senior Engineer

I currently have very little tangible work towards an end product, as keen has broken multiple piston heads to a single grid for a bit.

But so long as you leave it be, it doesn't explode...

When the new project gets under way, its safe to expect at least 3 sets with the same number of pistons (in slightly different configurations.

May Klang have mercy upon the long journey of which I patiently wait to embark upon, Praise be to his Wrath.

[​IMG]

Just to be clear, thats a 4 piston stack of 2x3 sets for a total of 24 per pillar, times 2 pillars (48 pistons) and on each end a 6 rotor hinge.

18. AutoMcD Senior Engineer

wow tat's just asking for trouble. lol

19. GrindyGears Senior Engineer

I honestly feel much safer with the load distributed across these huge stacks rather than a few flimsy pistons. With these big stacks i know the amount of stretch under load should be limited and be much more suitable for larger scale usage. Same logic applies to the rotors, while i didn't have a huge amount of axial loading on them before with 4, i figure since everything is getting scaled up the hinges might as well be to.

20. Veritas Apprentice Engineer

Wow, what are you building Grindy?

21. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

The Klang Shot... designed to hurl a 60 million kg grid at instantaneous maximum velocity into whatever is adjacent to it.

22. GrindyGears Senior Engineer

I have a dream, a glorious dream... i'm estimating around 850-1000 tonnes and yuuuugggeeee (for small grid) should be fun, don't want to comment too much because who know when I can deliver... (keen pls....)

Oh stuff a sock in it, we know you have no faith, there was a time when these things worked well (in single player) and they were happy times, now its a little rough, but things will get better....

23. Veritas Apprentice Engineer

Who needs grav cannons when you can make a Klang Shot? Devout religious worship and decimating damage potential all wrapped up into one glorious package! You can't call yourself a true believer without one! Order now for 100 easy installments of 10,999.99, and we'll send you a second Klang Shot free!

In all seriousness, I do look forward to stabilized pistons and rotors and what you mechanical folks can do with them.

24. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

Awww someone got da gwumpies.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  25. punkatron Trainee Engineer

Amongst all this greatness I, such a noob, haven't dared to show anything, but I made my first atmospheric mining ship, so I will. Very simple but was happy with this, works nicely (survival ofc), used mainly for collecting ice on surface.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also a strange bug as seen on HUD - I'm on Mars with no atmosphere, yet I have free oxygen in the cockpit of this ship, helmet is off. There are no oxygen generators/tanks on this ship, so I dunno what's up with that.

• Like Like x 1
  26. Veritas Apprentice Engineer

On any planet with some oxygen in the atmosphere (even levels so low that would normally damage you), you can still safely oxygenate a cockpit with the depressurizing air vent like you would on the Earth-like planet.

27. WhiteWeasel Senior Engineer

• Like Like x 3
  28. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

If you replace your large thrusters with small ones, you'll generate more force and can handle more mass. On a mining ship, you want LOTS of backwards thrusters so you can mine at downward angles and back out. You cna mount at least two more above the drills if you get rid of those white sloped blocks near the cockpit.

• Like Like x 1
  29. AutoMcD Senior Engineer

@punkatron small miners are where it's at. Thanks for posting!

30. Dwarf-Lord Pangolin Senior Engineer

Since I can't actually finish it due to merge blocks still being broken (I haven't been able to test the weapons for ... what, a quarter of a year?!), I thought I'd share this here. Baltic-class dreadnought; this is as large as I'll make them. Loadout is one 250 ton multi-stage main gun (will use Whip's guidance script for limited tracking ability), 34 small grid guided anti-ship missile tubes, 56 dorsal rocket launchers for broadside-style attacks, and another 8 launchers in the bow to round things out. It's been a while since I tested it, but using the hydrogen boosters, time-to-max was under 30 seconds; mass was about 22 thousand tons. I'll go grab the specifics later; no hurry since I can't work on the cool bits of it. :(

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1