Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Show off your creations!

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by David184, Oct 17, 2013.

1. gearheadkinny2 Trainee Engineer

Engine section now roughed in. Had to modify it to be two station sections and two ship sections joined by connectors because of the block and shape limits.
    [​IMG]

Now its mainly the detailing, adding in the weapons, and then the internals.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Yeoman Trainee Engineer

• Like Like x 1
  3. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

This design was created to see if I could build a cargo-only ship that could transport 100 full large cargo containers. All testing was done by filling the 100 large cargo containers with ore.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1707562416

The Cargo Masters HC-100 is a vanilla (modless) high-capacity, interplanetary cargo ship with 100 large cargo containers; 4 additional large cargo containers are dedicated to ice storage. With a maximum gross payload mass of 120,000,000 kg (120 Mt), the Cargo Masters HC-100 is designed to carry 114 Mt of cargo and over 6 Mt of ice, and has been successfully tested at all survival settings. The ship is configured with 8 gatling turrets and one internal turret for light defenses.

The Cargo Masters HC-100 is powered by 8 large reactors, and has hydrogen storage in 52 tanks and hydrogen generation from 172 O2/H2 generators for the large number of hydrogen thrusters. At maximum capacity, the 12 jump drives will move the Cargo Masters HC-100 231 km, or 3,300 km when empty.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  4. Pathagarus Trainee Engineer

[​IMG]

Wareagle Mk. IV "Retribution"
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1709048127

The E.S Wareagle Mk. IV "Retribution" is the top warship that currently lords over Keen's NA #2 server. It was built by EXTREMIS Shipyards in response to escalating hostilities from other factions. At the moment, the Retribution is still in service, and patrols throughout the cosmos of the server in it's quest to maintain peace and punish the wicked.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

So how do I gather enough ice/hydrogen to fuel that Cargo Masters HC-100?

[​IMG]

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1709248572

Fully mobile, Ice Hog is a vanilla build that uses no pistons or rotors to do its mining. Rather, the 25 drills engage an ice lake by having the operator reduce the suspension strength of the 20 wheels in the design (using the cockpit controls). Doing so allows the drills to strip mine an approximately 65-meter wide by 2-meter thick slab of ice from the lake surface. The Ice Hog is operated at a forward speed of 1 km/hr and, although that speed is very slow, the quantity of ice harvested is very large. Access to the Ice Hog is accomplished by a ladder at the vehicle's rear; no jetpack is required.

Ice is stored in 20 large cargo containers, and processed in 84 O2/H2 generators, then stored in 75 hydrogen tanks. Off-loading occurs via any of the four top connectors. Status of the ice harvesting and hydrogen gas generation process is displayed on two LCD screens that are easily read from the cockpit. (Thanks to Mmaster for his wonderful Automatic LCDs 2 script!)

Stats: 1,829 blocks, 17,513 PCUs.

This build uses an industrial cockpit from the new DLC, but could easily be adapted to use a non-DLC cockpit if desired.
    --- Automerge ---
    This is an minor overhaul of the original Talisker by the Sea build that includes all of the new Decorations Pack DLC, and removes all pistons and rotors for a much more stable build and to allow a survival mode projector build without lost subgrids.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1709756901

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Infamousx70 Trainee Engineer

• Like Like x 1
  7. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

Nothing really I created just how I used the DLC - on Big Red

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Pathagarus Trainee Engineer

Warfalcon Mk. VI [Highwind Assault Cruiser]
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1717375051

[​IMG]

This was one of the first proper large ships that I made from some years ago. It's now been refitted with the latest technologies.
    From my tests, it seems to be alot better in combat now and it can almost fly like a fighter O_o

9. fritozy101 Apprentice Engineer

SteamWorkshop Page

"Welcome to Cryotech Industries Inc. parent company of Colonial Nine. You have been chosen to be the second
    shift for our first colony on Mars. The rapid decay of the atmosphere has turned our primary focus to prolonging
    the human race, and you are now a part of that prolonging. Thank you."

This is a much more survival driven scenario that will require an effort to progress and stay alive.
    I heavily dislike the lack of purpose that Space Engineers gives players when one plays generic
    survival. It either gives you everything you could possibly need, or so little it feels impossible to
    do anything, or feels like way too much work. With this world I hope to give players a "real survival"
    experience, giving enough resources to not be dead in the water, an atmosphere, a story, and objectives.
    All while providing a sense of purpose throughout with a bit of story telling around the world. (Hopefully)

Notes:
    *Some objectives only show up during the day time.
    *Story continues on Earth.
    *Equipment is provided via containers (also provided in non-dlc containers)
    *I don't recommend changing any world settings (to get intended experience)
    *Join URT Faction

SteamWorkshop Page

10. WastedLand Trainee Engineer

This was a miner that I made back in 2017, not much to look at but it was all that I could think up at the time. I deleted the save as it became corrupted so I can't give you a better view. Please ignore the caption too, it was a joke that me and a mate were doing at the time...

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=882023542

11. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

12. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

• Like Like x 1
  13. bigbangnet Apprentice Engineer

I never thought of doing this myself. I try to make one for sure. I also put the toolbar buttons mapped to my keypad so moving the arms around with my other ships seems to be a lot more intuitive. thanks for the inspiration

14. boromir Apprentice Engineer

I worked on this for about all year in 2018, several hours a week. This is my first blueprint and first upload to Space Engineers. I wanted to make a Homeworld 2 Hiigaran Carrier that has the hangar bays replicated as best as possible to the real thing. The rest of the ship was just inspiration and imaginative work to fill out the various rooms and crew spaces throughout the ship. I also was able to pressurize the fighter bay with a custom door and retractable landing gear. Fighter craft enter through the side and launch through the bow. There are a few control rooms: Engineering, Hangar Bay, and Launch Bay, not to mention the Bridge.

It's powered by 3 large Reactors and solar panels for standby / auxiliary power. The bridge is also designed to match the real carrier.

Workshop blueprint

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. VanuBaguio Trainee Engineer

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  16. ShaiHulud Trainee Engineer

Been doing a little digging with my crazy mining rig

[​IMG]
    doors open, mining rig sleeping in its cradle

[​IMG]
    the lit rails are a huge help when backing that beast in, with the rear cam on the ship they form a perfect crosshair to line up on.

[​IMG]
    once the docking connectors are connected, those arms come out to lock the ship in

[​IMG]
    closing the barn doors

above the doors is a bridge. eventually I'll have it where once docked, a tunnel will extend and meet with the ship so you just walk off the ship into the base. add refineries, bathrooms, bars, etc. you know the drill. more as i play with it.

Last edited: May 24, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Roxette Senior Engineer

All your image links are broken. Use an image sharing website, the google thing you're using does not work here the way you're trying to use it, possibly because of permissions.

18. ShaiHulud Trainee Engineer

lets try this again ;)
    the little excavator i used for the 'finer' detailing/digging inside the base:
    [​IMG]
    yes it is literally just a cockpit, some engines and a modded drill, setup for right click excavating like you would with the hand drill

[​IMG]
    those modular-m thrusters look really cool, and they make the ship extremely manueverable
    [​IMG]
    just a size comparison next to the big tunnel driller. Thats a mexpex heavy drill on the front of that ship, and the excavator just next to the drill head

the big ship is a heavily modified version of this guy (also my work) https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1638445331
    but that one supports stone dumping, this one is dedicated to just stone ;)

Last edited: May 24, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  19. TuntematonSika Trainee Engineer

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1751528684

After Countless hours battling with Klang shaking my creation to death, I've finally finished my truck and miner combo! comes with on onboard engine in case power runs low, and the trailer is (safely and easily) detachable.

This came into mind when I wanted to create something akin to the US's M1074 size and shape, along with the hauling capacity in order to save on power (driving to the ore is more power efficient)

Last edited: May 25, 2019
  20. VanuBaguio Trainee Engineer

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  21. BitsNoKibbles Trainee Engineer

So, this is what happens when you watch too much W4stedspace and Mighty Jingles:

[​IMG]

I'm not sure what it is. Not quite a battleship? Maybe a heavy cruiser?

[​IMG]

I kinda ran out of ideas towards the end...

[​IMG]

An aft turret didn't seem apropos, so I went with a missile (torpedo) battery:

[​IMG]

The intent was to build a heavy hitter... anti-fighter/missile defense is minimal, expecting other ships to provide that function. Light grey is heavy armor, dark grey is light armor. Armored thrusters and Sages for motivation. Armored conveyors with minimal intersections throughout.
    • 8M kg empty
    • 4 large reactors
    • 2 refineries
    • 4 assemblers
    • 2 large shield generators (6M)
    • 4 jump drives
    • 20+ Bobs (nanobot build & repair)
    • large hangar bay (2 connectors)
    Still tweaking the gyro count (seems okay, but I wish I could dampen roll authority separate from pitch and yaw) and it needs batteries (lots of space for them in out-of-the-way places). Officers' quarters in the citadel with the CIC, might need to rearrange some internals for crew quarters, galley, etc.

In my (limited) static testing, it takes a while for those large cannon to get through the shields, which I suppose would make for a more interesting fight, and defense against incoming rockets is somewhat anemic. Obviously it obliterates anything without shields, but a smaller (large) ship with a single shield generator (sorry, don't remember the amount) and a couple of Bobs actually survived multiple main battery hits before taking critical damage.

I need to load this up in a world with a bunch of reavers and see what happens...

• Like Like x 1
  22. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
  23. VanuBaguio Trainee Engineer

100% Vanilla
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  24. TuntematonSika Trainee Engineer

BP/world plox, that looks incredible!

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

Welcome to Jurassic World!
    So I've been hooked on Jurassic World Evolution for a while now and every time i take a closer look at the buildings my mind wanders to all those streight lines and 1x2-rampy sections that make me think "damn, i could do that in Space Engineers".
    Well, a couple days ago i went ahead and started with the second-worst shape of the bunch, the Hotel.
    We're several layers of non-canonical inaccuracies deep on this one; the game's Hotel already looks nothing like any of the guest residences we've seen in Jurassic World or Fallen Kingdom aaaand of course i kinda freestyled the SE-build on the grounds that i wanted it to be a vanilla build - mods would make it easier to get the right shape but i don't wanna use those right now. Maybe later.

Have a blueprint! https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1771238086

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Original:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  26. BitsNoKibbles Trainee Engineer

:eek:

Want blueprint!

27. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

From the same people... peop? From the same peop that brought you a shitty Jurassic World Hotel and Galaxy Classes with at least 60 percent wrongly colored hull panels
    Comes a new Blueprint
    Get Ready
    For
    POWER!!!

[​IMG]

Wrong franchise... this looked more funny in my head.

Anyway.

Continuing my Jurassic World project i present you with my version of the Small Power Station.
    Even more than the Hotel the Small Power Station is primarily meant to invoke the general shape and feel of the ingame model rather than being a properly scaled, correctly proportioned replica. It exists primarily for my own fun building it.

Blueprints! Blueprints for everyone! YOU get a blueprint and YOU get a blueprint and YOU get a blueprint....
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1775448129

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Original:

[​IMG]

Hotel for scale:

[​IMG]

Edit: Really? No new posts after this shitty battery? Come on peeps i wanna see more builds!
    Updating this post with the new stuff as i don't find it worthy for a self-bump.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I bring you the stupidly oversized ACU Center along with a rather ugly, barely recognizeable ACU Helicopter, both from Jurassic World Evolution, both failtastic in their own unique ways.
    Actually to be honest i'd be quite pleased with the ACU Center... if i hadn't oopsie'd the scaling. I estimate it to be about 150 percent the size it should be which is rather... noticeable from above.

Workshop Links:
    ACU Center: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1782293464
    ACU Helicopter: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1782294002

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  28. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

Could.... could someone post something please i have two jeeps done and am almost done with the Ranger Station and this is starting to feel embarassing

I should sod off to my own thread i guess

I remember this thread being alive and flourishing :/

29. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

I started my own thread because of that very reason!

30. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

I mean i *have* my own thread but that's pretty exclusively for accurate(ish) replicas, i don't feel like the Jurassic World-stuff fits in there.