Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Slimmer Landing Gear?

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by TheDeinonychus, Aug 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. TheDeinonychus Trainee Engineer

Just a small request, but would it be possible to make landing gear slightly smaller? Not much, just a small amount, so that they can fit more easily into 1 block wide gaps, the same way that blast doors do now.

I was fiddling around with pistons, intending to make the landing gears on my mining ship retractable. Usually, I have problems with them getting damaged or broken off, since the ship is knocked around a bit by the rotation from the drills. I was hoping to be able to retract them, so they wouldn't be exposed and get damaged. Unfortunately, as it is now I'd have to make a space that's at least 3 blocks wide by 5 blocks long and 2 blocks deep in order to fully retract them on pistons.

Making their collision box as wide as those of blast doors shouldn't impact how they work, I wouldn't think. It would just allow them to pass between blocks a lot easier without snapping off.

2. Wizlawz Master Engineer

what about the Magnetic Lock landing gear...is that too small?

**EDIT***

found it:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=300679004

[​IMG]

3. TheDeinonychus Trainee Engineer

That's what Im going to be using for now. However, I was putting this suggestion in the hope that a slimmer landing gear might be made part of the base game. It is a minor change, so I figured it was worth mentioning. Besides, as much as I love mods, having a feature as part of the base game is usually better.

4. Wizlawz Master Engineer

ABSOLUTELY Agree.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.