Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Slow Motion ...maybe this helps

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Gamer_62, Apr 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. hoodie Trainee Engineer

The slow motion issue is currently happening on basically every server I try. Also I have a hosted DS at g-portal, same story. Sim Speed is usually ~0.3, and we're two people on an EMPTY world, just started a procedural map. We had a classical survival Map running before with 16 people plus bases and it was between 0.7 and 0.3 most of the times, so it seems completely random and not even related to drilling, huge bases etc...

What I wonder is...is this actually being worked on? I mean is Keen aware of this issue? It is a gamebreaker and I cannot imagine this being NOT on the top of the priorities. Can anyone enlight me pls?

2. Bude Trainee Engineer

SIM Speed Drop is one of the most annoying issues in SE...

They should get rid of it as soon as possible.

3. exor Trainee Engineer

no.. most annoying issue in SE in MP apart of the rotor and motor issue is the respawn and loos of inventory after reconnection on dedi server. but its another very old issue/topic

furtunatly we have none of those issues on our MP Server which I have to mention only runs few days ago and stops if none is connected.

BTW: what is SIM ?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2015
  4. jacksitlab Trainee Engineer

so the question is: "how can we help?" - for now its unplayable

5. PhilipSnyder Trainee Engineer

SIM = Simulation Speed if its at 1.0 it's real time. I don't know if there's anyway to actually make it change independent of server load (or bugs) it would be kinda neat to get a Wormhole effect, maybe for use with faster travel speeds, but honestly to have it less than .5 basically makes the game unplayable. I know a few people might get bent out of shape if it's lower than .75, but I think those are the same that don't like playing around 15 Frames per Second. (I have never seen a display speed of faster than 20, so I really don't know what the big deal is, the game plays just fine for me even as low as 6 FPS)

At the moment all we can do is keep deleting the ships. I'm using SE Toolbox to delete all the cargo ships every time I'm about to step away from my computer for a bit. The first swath of deleting got me killing 221 cargo ships. (for a sim speed of .08) I'd like to see a hotfix for this, because trying to do this during the week is going to be really difficult, I may just have to take my DS down if it's not hotfixed. If nothing else slap in a line of code that re-activates the automatic de-spawning of the cargo ships until they get whatever they were trying to put in under the radar working properly. (because yes, I do like the idea of the cargo ships NOT despawning, I get the feeling this is the start of something bigger in SE)

6. Thoran Trainee Engineer

My solution was deleting several AI cargo ships and asteroids as far out as 500km from the center. I think especially the stuff far out causes major lags. My recommendation even with infinite worlds is to delete everything that is more than 100km out.

7. damoran Junior Engineer

Our server is suffering from this same issue exactly as described by the OP. It's not to do with hardware because all experience this regardless of hardware and the game was NOT like this on the same hardware days before hand.

We only have about 3 people playing, official host on a fast, low lagg server, there are very few player built entities, maybe 5 ships mostly small. No player has been more than 35km out from starter platform. Map border is set to 350km.

We do have ship spawns but I set the cooldown to x5, so they are lower than normal.

Draw distance was set to 20km I changed it to 15km, no difference, but again, 3 days ago it was fine at the 20km range on the same computer.

Was running perfectly until right around last patch.

Now all player experience the slow-motion, unplayable.

Logs are clean except for this error: ERROR: Camera entity from checkpoint does not exists!

We only have 3 mods installed, Armor Panels, Armor Ramps and Blast Windows.

8. CyberVic Apprentice Engineer

This is yet another duplicate of the same issue:
    http://forums.keenswh.com/post/01-065-dedicated-server-cargo-ships-do-not-despawn-anymore-7252006?pid=1285834656#post1285834656

9. hoodie Trainee Engineer

I doubt that heavily, please don't make assumptions based on similar symptoms. The Sim Speed issue is a constant thing, deleting the cargo ships and deactivating NPC spawns doesn't change a thing, unfortunately. Just tried that myself. Sim Speed barely exceeds .5 since the last update - you can tell by the numbers of players on (once regularly) full servers. I am convinced the cargo NPC issue and the sim speed issue are two different problems.

Here's the world, by the way: https://www.dropbox.com/s/uxrz4woagvo2cya/se_world_simspeed.zip?dl=0
    Sim Speed .5, tiny base, two players, all trash recently deleted, no more than 180 objects at the same time etc etc.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2015
  10. CyberVic Apprentice Engineer

Have you teleported to any of those 180 objects?

I guarantee that some of those are exploration ships which are spawned inside one another and glitching like crazy causing the bad sim speed. I run Midspace's admin commands mod pack which allows you to teleport around to various ships and run the game temporarily with SE Extender so that I can delete ships in real time to get rid of them. As soon as all the garbage is collected, sim speed returns to 1.0.

The problem is when you deactivate npc ships, exploration ships are continuing to spawn. There is a bug with that right now where they spawn infinitely whether you want them to or not.

11. FlamE Trainee Engineer

I have found the answer to this problem which I have too :)
    THIS VIDEO : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCt6BKxZEdk

12. CyberVic Apprentice Engineer

Hmmmm.... well some of the "exploration ships" that get spawned are garbage pieces of metal with around 4-5 wheels on them. It could be why with the unending exploration ships spawning why we're heavily feeling this bug if it is indeed wheels.

Also Shift + F11 shows your sim speed number. That can be very helpful when showing KSH stuff like this.

13. hoodie Trainee Engineer

I deleted basically anything beyond a 30km radius plus all floating objects, ships (large + small) including antennas etc etc except my own Base and small ship with a single drill. Sim Speed remains at ~0.5 at best. Started a fresh new world, Sim Speed 1.0. Built a base made from 10 iron blocks, Sim Speed ~0.7. Add a small basic ship, merely a block with a thruster: Sim Speed ~0.5... And like I said, all happens on a rented DS as well as on locally hosted games. I hope the devs will address this issue soon. Currently it's a game breaker in MP.

14. DarkS33d Apprentice Engineer

It is also a game breaker for SP at the moment. A shame because I just recently got back into playing SE again.

I'm running an i5 2320 3GHz, 8GB RAM, Radeon HD 7770, WIN 7 64-bit. Things were running relatively smoothly with a world size: unlimited, asteroid density: infinite normal, view distance: 20km world. After Update 01.065.015 I noticed the slow motion issue. Oh, I also have trash auto-removal checked with a maximum of 256 objects allowed.

15. GenesisApoc Trainee Engineer

Having Slow motion issue, not sure why... but there doesnt seem to be any fixes

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.