Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

{***SOLVED***}Player On Private Server - No Access To Controls

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Danners, Jun 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Danners Trainee Engineer

Maybe its something I'm missing as the host, maybe there's something he's missing as the client, or just maybe its a massive bug, in any case Google doesn't help,

I opened a friends world last night for a friend to join and hopefully teach me the basics of what I need to do, while this worked it was patchy at best, mostly because of his inability to fly, control or even access ship controls from the cockpit,

we established the issue is not with the ships as I could fly them with out problem, connection was then ruled out as he could happily access other features (such as the assembler) but couldn't use the control panels to turn things on or off (such as landing gear)

That pretty much leaves permission, as he's a standard player (as opposed to admin) perhaps the internal server is saying he doesn't hold the authority to take control, possibly its a bug, maybe its both,

in short, is there any fix that can get him flying vessels?

at this point I'd accept some method of making him an admin if it would get him flying which again, Google didn't help.

For the admin commands/elevation if there is a method, would you please be kind enough to write the instructions for dummies as I'm still navigating the menus and things

Cheers,
    A Newbie

EDIT: Cleared up the server type a little bit

2. Danners Trainee Engineer

To Confirm the world was set to Friends, not private (I personally don't see what the difference is but apparently private is LAN/hamachi only, clarification on this would be nice though I'd prefer the answer to the above)

3. Danners Trainee Engineer

Just incase anybody has this issue in the future either for a friend or themselves

The issue appears to have been resolved by completly re-installing the game on the affected users machine

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.