Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Someone Else is Using This Ship

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by [☩] Dealman, Aug 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. [☩] Dealman Trainee Engineer

Me and a few friends have returned to check out the new wheels and multiplayer overhaul update. And while we are blown away by the massively increased performance and reduction of clang, there is still this one bug(?) that really gets in the way.

Something I recall working a very, very long time ago was making your own turret. Back when you couldn't manually control actual turret blocks.

Basically, you made your own turret using rotors that are turned off with braking torque applied and gyroscopes. It actually works really well. Especially now with the multiplayer overhaul.

Sadly this is no longer possible since a fair few updates back where as if you attach a landing gear to another ship, you'll be met with the "Someone else is using this ship!" message.

Making it utterly impossible to make custom turrets such as these. Which really is unfortunate.

This was really cool because you could design your own turrets and your friends could use them, basically like multi-crewing a ship.

I understand this might be a technical limitation to avoid all kinds of various bugs, but wouldn't it at least be possible to add an option to a cockpit to only control gyroscopes? If we can make our own turrets like this, it opens up so many possibilities...

2. Lord Grey Apprentice Engineer

Hm, did you try to place a remote control block on the sub grid and control the turret with this? I used that a while ago and it worked fine, but I hab a small grid tower on a large grid rotor, and this was before the multiplayer update

3. Malware Master Engineer

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.