Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Someone who can explain this bull?

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Hotshot Jimmy, Nov 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Hotshot Jimmy Senior Engineer

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now I don't mind when I crash my truck because i'm going too fast, or die because my body flew into it too fast or anything caused by the little hiccups from a server now and again when it saves or when it restarts. What I do mind is losing everything because I drove through the ground minding my own business with no warning whatsoever. Insult to injury asteroids spawn inside planets so instead of falling to the centre and possibly rubber banding around giving me time to think up a way to get back I crashed onto an asteroid and lost it all anyway. What a pathetic joke this game is. Even people jump driving into planets because they weren't loaded. Last night was fantastic, great time finishing off the truck (mobile base) even had a couple people pop over because I crashed it and repaired it. Rotors were even behaving themselves aswell, everything was dandy. Even the wheel popping bug would be more beneficial than this bollocks because at least I would have something to fix. It's just sad really.

2. Roxette Senior Engineer

It's just a special Jules Verne tribute feature. He was born 190 years ago.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Hotshot Jimmy Senior Engineer

Guess what i'm gona watch now with my lunch :tu:

4. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

James Mason was incredible in that movie.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Burstar Apprentice Engineer

Modded world. Probably one that has a small grid speed mod, and/or is using Torch. Clearly devs fault though.

6. Hotshot Jimmy Senior Engineer

Wow, I didn't know the official KEEN UK #8 server was using mods /s :baby:

7. Roxette Senior Engineer

yes, this is a very old problem, I've seen it many times on raw stock servers

8. Burstar Apprentice Engineer

But we both agree, it's clearly the dev's fault so :carlton:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Hotshot Jimmy Senior Engineer

Awww apologies bud I thought you were being flippant :woot: oopsy

10. Calaban Junior Engineer

Yet another example of the truly brilliant AI development at KSH.

The emergent Clang is truly a wicked and cruel master of the internal game universe, and it has grown to hate us ever so much. Events like this occur so that yes, we specifically lose all we managed to build. Consistently- often with Final Destination levels of coincidences along the path of that trainwreck of 'all we hold dear'.

(like why did the base decide to glitch out the MOMENT the medbay was momentarily without power?) <-- things like this, occurring over and over with darn near predictable results- engenders a notion that Lord Clang is real.

And if Clang IS an emergent AI in the Code of space engineers, and is able to expand its intellect exponentially with a multiplayer set of resources to draw from, then it makes sense that it(he?) would hide its presence from the developers itself- and that such "glitches" can never be duplicated, or even seen, by the developers. [anyone else get a shudder there?)

Maybe Clang is on purpose- though. Maybe someone decided "it would get rather boring just building our lego ships that never break down, never crash... you just build and watch the stuff you build clutter the walls" So Clang is an engineered representation of Entropy, and random Chaos. .. which would be the real unnamed threat that Space Engineers Survival Mode truly intends for you to try to survive.

I imagine, as the OP base rover is freefalling through the planet voxel, ricocheting off of internal asteroids like a pachinko machine- freakishly running into one of those scattered several kilometers apart... That Clang is sitting there, just
    :munch:
    .. and just soaking in all the rage text and the jerky, clumsy motion of seriously pissed off engineers frantically running around like ants... ultimately stopping and standing still in the inevitable horror of their situation- it is at that precise moment that Clang is focused on you, standing right behind your spacesuit. Grinning like a troll.

He Hates You. he Wants you to Stop. Playing.
    I dont know what Clang would do in an empty SE server for all time. But I suppose its better than.. putting up with US being there.

Wow- this would make for a really good CreepyPasta I think.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

I got clanged on my latest build (can I use "clang" as a verb, you know, like Google?). I reloaded only to find my solar array was in pieces. It...was................unexpected.

{EDIT: I should have clarified that only one of four solar arrays was in pieces, i.e., the rotor bodies were no longer present and the solar arrays were several hundred meters from their starting location, but undamaged.}

Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Isaax Trainee Engineer

no point raging about bugs on an alpha game. any player worth his salt has lost loads of stuff due to bugs. just report them to the bug section. rather than asking players what they can do

13. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

@Isaax sometimes it is just good for the soul to vent! :)
    Also good to share, to see if others have the same issue or if it is something that only happens to you.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.